Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure people have noticed that Cena has actually been getting more cheers than boos since he first started feuding with Johnny Ace and Big Show, he's even received large amounts of name chants the last couple of weeks. So is the Cena heat finally dying after about 5 years?

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Hahaha, never. Just wait for No Way Out. New Jersey crowd better take a big shit on this goof or else all hope is lost for WWE getting any better in the near future.

They've had Raw held in cities with shitty crowds like New Orleans, Richmond VA and Pittsburgh, so I'm not surprised that he's been mostly cheered.

·
Registered
829 Posts
They're in shitty cities at the moment.

Look what happened at Mania. Those crowds are still around.
At the moment they're putting in him feuds with Laurinatis, so who's gonna boo Cena over Laurinatis?

·
Registered
310 Posts
to be honest booing cena is not even worth it anymore, not fun like it used to be, we dont have a brock or punk to back us up, i mean its only the big show for crying out loud

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Cena only gets heavily booed in really smarky cities just like heels only get heavily cheered in those same places. Whenever they're in NYC, Philly, or Chicago again he'll get booed out of the building regardless who he's facing but until then it's going to be a small minority of adult male fans giving him shit.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
maybe a better protest against Cena would be for all the booers to get up and leave the arena when Cena comes out or wins - I don't mean exit completely, but just leave the seating area and gather in the foyer until he leaves.

The arena half emptying every time he comes out or wins would slap Vince in the face.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Mainly because those that boo and jeer him tend to be the type of morons who have nothing better in their lifes than wrestling and still live at home with their mothers.

Would you join in with them?

Cena deserves nothing but respect for the hardwork and dedication he puts into his job.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I must admit the 'Cena! Cena!' chants have really warmed Big Show to me. I hope Show shits on his face at No Way Out.
It's hard to support Show in this feud, as IRL he has turned heel to put Cena over. Also if he wins at NWO, which i think is possible, it will just further this program even longer.

more like the adult crowd has just given up and are tired of wasting energy booing. So they just dont give him a reaction at all anymore.
I hope this is a reason.

I would wait till we get some smark heavier crowds, they could be worse than before actually considering the support he has gotten lately. Just look back to the Raw after mania he got a F U Cena chant carrying him out the arena, all those people haven't gone back on how they feel. The casual crowds have had a total turnaround, and i'm stumped as to how and why they are back to being fully behind him again, even though we've had a poor run of crowds in this regard. Yet there is seemingly nobody against him anymore.

I know he has lost to Rock, faced heels in Lesnar/Ace, and now Big Show but he's still stale Cena hogging the spotlight, it's like some of those people didn't even know why they were booing him in the first place and clearly a lot of them were just following the crowd. Now we have guys like Punk going full circle and putting him over, as well as others, all the video packages seem to be working at last.

The one benefit i'm taking away from this is that maybe if he gets the majority on side there is more chance he will turn heel as it will finally be a suprise.

·
Registered
292 Posts
People just don't give a shit anymore.. what's the point?

We tried for so many years to force them to change him and at the end of the day nothing happens, they stuck him with a shitty Rise Above Hate gimmick. Just let his shitty fangirls and kiddie fans chant Let's Go Cena.

I'm sure once WWE return to NYC, Philly, Chicago, Toronto etc he'll get booed.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I'd like to think the haters have just gotten tired, looked at themselves in the mirror one morning and thought "God I'm acting like a retard." and moved on with their lives, still not liking him, just not being so vocal.

·
Banned
5,274 Posts
Mainly because those that boo and jeer him tend to be the type of morons who have nothing better in their lifes than wrestling and still live at home with their mothers.
I'd hazard a guess that at least half of all wrestling fans still live at home with their mothers. Also, when you go to a live show, you don't boo anyone? You cheer everyone? Or you only boo the heels that Vince McMahon tells you to boo? Or you don't go to live shows, just sit at home hoping your mom doesn't tell you to turn the volume down?

Cena deserves nothing but respect for the hardwork and dedication he puts into his job.
Two things: 'hard work' is two words, though I know it's a pain to add that extra space so fuck it. Also, Cena isn't the only one who works hard, and he has never been criticised for his work rate or dedication. You are sucking on his willy a little too hard there, fella.

·
"He's just like someone from a David Lynch film."
4,771 Posts
Naa. New Jersey will boo the hell out of him or they will completely shit on that match for putting this match into the main event instead for Punk/Bryan.

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts
WWE is throwing everything and the kitchen sink into getting him over. Bring back Lesnar, Lesnar gets cheered so make him a complete asshole against the very WWE. Cena takes an ass-whooping which pleases the smarks that hate his character and he wins to please the marks. Turn Show heel to prop up another "anit-WWE" megaheel to utilize.

Problem is they're going to run out of legends and/or credible guys to turn to simply feed the Cena machine. That very booking is why the WWE is in the shape it's in right now. It'll go back to average guys feuding with Cena or prolonged feuds that show his weaknesses against greater superstars. Any "cool heel", if you want to call it that would split the crowd against Cena just like it has been for some time now.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
WWE is throwing everything and the kitchen sink into getting him over. Bring back Lesnar, Lesnar gets cheered so make him a complete asshole against the very WWE. Cena takes an ass-whooping which pleases the smarks that hate his character and he wins to please the marks. Turn Show heel to prop up another "anit-WWE" megaheel to utilize.

Problem is they're going to run out of legends and/or credible guys to turn to simply feed the Cena machine. That very booking is why the WWE is in the shape it's in right now. It'll go back to average guys feuding with Cena or prolonged feuds that show his weaknesses against greater superstars. Any "cool heel", if you want to call it that would split the crowd against Cena just like it has been for some time now.
And it's not just that. Even if Cena wins over everyone's support as a face, he's way too stale and they will have nothing for him to do apart from bringing back legends and recycling shitty feuds no one cares about. He's so directionless that they easily left him off last night's show which shouldn't happen with your top draw.

As a face, he's simply done it all and they need to realize that if they want to entertain fans, they have to turn him heel. There's only so much merchandise he can sell before they milk the cow dry. Aside from not having any meaningful feuds, he can't go for the title either since we've seen him hold it enough times and for long enough that we can live happily for the rest of our lives if Cena never touches the title again.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I think people have just accepted the fact that he's never going away. Ever. Or they're just so fucking bored with him they don't even have the energy to boo.

It's like the annoying little prick at high school that nobody likes and follows everyone around, and eventually you're so sick of him you just let him hang around with you, occasionally going round to his house just so you can hit on his sister or shit on his pillow (true story).

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.