Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Talk about over-booking a star. Cena has featured in every WWE Championship match on PPV since Wrestlemania 27!

Wrestlemania XXVII - The Miz vs John Cena
Extreme Rules - The Miz vs John Cena vs John Morrison (Triple Threat Cage Match)
Over The Limit - The Miz vs John Cena (I Quit Match)
Capitol Punishment - John Cena vs R-Truth
Money In The Bank - John Cena vs CM Punk
Summerslam - CM Punk vs John Cena
Night Of Champions - Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena

I can not believe this! Give someone else a chance for Christ's sake, its not like Cena needs the title!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Are you really surprised? The guy has worked hard to get to the spot he is in, meaning he's stepped up. You know what Shelton Benjamin did? He was too busy playing video games instead of asking guys for help with his wrestling ability. That's why you see Cena there.

Also, the man puts asses in seats and sells tickets. That's what the bottom line is for business, make some money. Other people will eventually get there time, but you'll just have to wait. One day, Cena will be putting over new guys and moving on. And you'll probably miss the man.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Are you really surprised? The guy has worked hard to get to the spot he is in, meaning he's stepped up. You know what Shelton Benjamin did? He was too busy playing video games instead of asking guys for help with his wrestling ability. That's why you see Cena there.

Also, the man puts asses in seats and sells tickets. That's what the bottom line is for business, make some money. Other people will eventually get there time, but you'll just have to wait. One day, Cena will be putting over new guys and moving on. And you'll probably miss the man.
Shelton Benjamin HAD/HAS the wrestling ability, it was just the mic skills and charisma he lacked.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
There was an incredibly scary statistic that either Cena, Orton, or HHH have been in every single PPV world title match for the past 4 or 5 years.

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
it's a bad statistic but it doesn't paint the whole picture, for one his win/lose record is encouraging. 3 wins and 3 loses *predict a 4th loss this Sunday* so he's not just running through guys and more importantly wether people argue if he's the face of the company or I don't really care BUT since MITB he's been demoted on the tv show as RAW is based around CM Punk which is a cool change and a start of a new direction.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Tell me something I don't know

·
Registered
456 Posts

The saddest/most hilarious main event for a Mania ever. Scraping the bottom of the barrel doesn't even begin to describe it.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts

The saddest/most hilarious main event for a Mania ever. Scraping the bottom of the barrel doesn't even begin to describe it.
But mostly it was all about The Rock's involvement that made the feud interesting. TBF Miz was pretty entertaining in that feud.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
In other news Randy Orton has been involved in the WWE/World title match on every PPV since Extreme Rules last year bar Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania 27 and Extreme Rules this year and won the majority of them whereas John Cena has won three matches and lost three whilst more than likely about to lose a fourth at Night Of Champions. I am so tired though of these threads and people need to realise that John Cena is the face of the company much like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock have also all been and they also main evented virtually every PPV they wrestled on so please people get over it already.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
You obviously weren't around in 1995... it's OK though, that terrible Mania main event will be waiting for you on Youtube.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts