Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cena finally gets mad after losing at a PPV but to who!? John fucking Laurantis!?? He shows reactions to that!? Cool that's normal for any other wrestler to get mad over that but it was so forced and out of character it made me facepalm.
He even went and made it more obvious that they were trying to pander to Cena's critics with Cena's line "normally I would come out and congratulate the other guy for winning but now i'm sooo MADD!" It was almost like a kick in the teeth to fans intelligence or like they're deliberately trolling us because we've been dying for Cena to do this for years.

He should've been mad after losing to The Rock, would've made 10 times more of an Impact! But no "oooooh I'm sooo mad" after losing a throwaway match to Lauranitis just makes me hate him and the WWE even more.

I wanted Rock to beat Cena at Wrestlemania so maybe that would change him, he would address the haters, turn heel, or just get serious, stop being the first baby face in history to be booed out of every arena and he would become the true legend amongst the legend that he's supposed to be and then go on to beat The Rock in a rematch. But the way Cena is behaving now i STILL would want The Rock to kick his ass again, he still doesn't deserve to go over The Rock.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Don't worry Cena was happy and smiling by the time the main event 2 on 3 match started.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
If that was John Cena showing emotion, then I can understand why he doesn't like getting worked up over losses or negative events or anything. It was an embarrassingly bad promo on his part.

Cena's much better off restraining himself. Some of his best work as a character was in April of this year between the Rock loss and the match with Lesnar. There was an unmistakable air of unknowing with him which was so fresh and exciting. And then it all evaporated, oh well, ha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If that was John Cena showing emotion, then I can understand why he doesn't like getting worked up over losses or negative events or anything. It was an embarrassingly bad promo on his part.

Cena's much better off restraining himself. Some of his best work as a character was in April of this year between the Rock loss and the match with Lesnar. There was an unmistakable air of unknowing with him which was so fresh and exciting. And then it all evaporated, oh well, ha.
Disagree with that. His short feud with punk was his best work as a character imo.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
He did a pretty piss poor job of doing so I felt.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Disagree with that. His short feud with punk was his best work as a character imo.
Got to disagree here. He didn't really do much in that feud when you think about it. That entire thing from start to finish was about the evolution of Punk and his character. He played his role well to bounce off Punk but we didn't see anything outstanding or new from him. Especially after Punk's return.

I'm not really sure what to even think about Cena anymore. I honestly just don't care anymore, which is so bad considering how well he was travelling mere months ago in the Wrestlemania period.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Stop over-analyzing things.. Cena should be pissed more at losing to Big Johnny than losing to The Rock. Rock is the greatest of all time and even though he attacked Rock for "selling out", even he respects Rock for being a trend-setting superstar (kayfabe). Rock is not a douche (kayfabe), he is just a douche to Cena. The people love Rocky.

Johnny L hasn't wrestled since many years. He has not been known to be a great wrestler either. He is a evil corporate puppet, an ass kisser. The crowd hates Johnny L.

Rock beat Cena clean. Cena accepted that Rock is the better man.
Johnny L is a fucking scumbag (kayfabe). He cheated to win. So, Cena should be pissed.

You guys are way too critical on Cena for no reason at all. His so called "horrible" promo work and storytelling is just to pander to the kids. That's his job. His target audience is mainly kids. Cena is one of the best in the business at working the mic. You know he is over-acting just because kids like that style of promo.

Reactions: ChristianMan16

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Yeah, it was a pretty bad promo, but he's been able to show that he's pissed off without making everybody else cringe before, so something tells me he was overacting on purpose.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I thought it was still pretty bad. Went out there, did his little mad face where he takes his hat off and puts it back on repeatedly and called it a day. The only good anger segment he's had in recent years was when he called The Rock a visitor and talked about WWE being his home.

Other than that, business as usual. :cena2

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
I think it was still a weird promo altogether. He was almost portraying mock anger. He didn't seem really angry to me. Its probably just his suck ass acting skills but Cena didn't come across angry in the least, and he SHOULD have come across as more embarrassed than angry anyway.

Cena is losing matches to people who haven't wrestled in decades, his character should be embarrassed. He's supposedly in great shape and in the prime of his career. He shouldn't be losing to 40 year old out of shape "former" wrestlers.

Yet he is and its not making waves that these people aren't really "wrestling greats" anymore. Sure Johnny L's cheated but he's a heel that's what he does, Cena has faced dozens of heels they all cheat..durrrrrr. You can say Rock caught him by surprise or whatever but the fact still remains Cena dominated both those matches and lost both of them due to over-confidence and that's an angle that's not being played up.

Story line should be:
His character should be angry (at himself not Big Show or Rock) cause he could have beaten them both (kayfabe) but he didn't take them seriously because they aren't in any type of shape (kayfabe) and he was dominating. He should be embarrassed because both Ace & Rock are pretty much retired 40 somethings who pinned him despite not wrestling for decades.

You could even say that Cena beat Lesnar because he took him seriously and saw him as a legit threat because of his background etc. While he didn't envision a pencil pusher like Ace or an actor to be that tough.

It makes sense if you let it but....this is double-double E

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Yet he is and its not making waves that these people aren't really "wrestling greats" anymore. Sure Johnny L's cheated but he's a heel that's what he does, Cena has faced dozens of heels they all cheat..durrrrrr. You can say Rock caught him by surprise or whatever but the fact still remains Cena dominated both those matches and lost both of them due to over-confidence and that's an angle that's not being played up.
I also thought after wrestlemania that this was something that they would acknowledge to further build to a character turn/heel turn. It would have been excellent but they decided to drop the whole thing and jump right into a Brock Lesnar feud, without addressing key points, like explaining why the match against Rock meant everything to him, how him losing to rock would affect him, and yet nothing. Zero. Nada. The only consequence you could say him losing to Rock had was that he lost to Lord Tensai but that was far from a clean victory.

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
You could see right through it. It was a bad promo and Cena isn't a good actor.

It was almost like he wanted to make you cringe and know he wasn't really angry.

He done a piss poor job selling he was angry. Piss poor.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Yeah, it was a pretty bad promo, but he's been able to show that he's pissed off without making everybody else cringe before, so something tells me he was overacting on purpose.
To appeal to the kids. It is so obvious. Cena haters just can't accept it and move on.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP calls Cena's promo last monday one of "emotion"? lol...that wasnt "emotion", it was a typical cena promo after losing.
That's why the quotation marks are there, the point is he knows, Vince knows, the writers know that everybody and their mum in the IWC hate how Cena is never mad, angry or shows any emotion after losing a big match, he finally does show "emotion" but it's almost like mock emotion, like he's taking the piss but really we know he's not and that's what makes me facepalm.

He should've been pissed after he lost to The Rock but not that lame crap like last week, he should have been angry at himself, doubting himself, doubting his abilities, everything was riding on that match with Rock an yet he comes out basically learning nothing from it like a spoilt brat.

Cena should've lost to Lesner and really got to a low point, a losing streak even, just that storyline alone will get everyone, even the IWC behind him again after a few months, his character will be fresh. Goes away for a few more months and comes back a different, more serious (heel maybe) man.

Not this fake ass I'M SOOOO MAD shit.

What happened to this lame shit?

WWE are just straight up pissing in our mouths with Cena and his 'character changes' and we're just opening for them and asking for more.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
It amazes me that a former wrestler like Laurinaitis at his age has kept his body in such bad shape. And that's why I understand Cena is mad after losing to such a unathletcic skinny fat corporate slob like John laurinaitis.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Cena's acting in that segment was so horrible, I didn't know if he was supposed to act that way as in he's genuinely (kayfabe) angry or was just joking about and pretending to be angry just to troll Johnny L or something.

He can be good at acting at times but this and that rape-face by the ambulance are some of the worst, most cringeworthy excuses for "acting" I've ever seen. He can be good at acting serious, though, some of his segments with The Rock show that. (the week before WM27 and WM28 both)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts