Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
I never liked Brock but I gotta say that when he steps into the ring, the match becomes special. I've watched every single Royal Rumble match edition multiple times and I gotta say Brock really impressed me. Just like Cena said, he did everything perfectly and he made Lee, Strowman and Mcintyre look GOOD. It's very rare to see a performer that feels special and dominant but that, at the same time, can make others look good. I just don't think he should hold any major championship. I feel like he should be used to push new talents without involving any belt. Beating Lesnar clean in a PPV even without any title on the line is special and whoever pulls it off will look good. It's a fact

·
Registered
560 Posts
Cena is viewing this from a different standpoint. People Will say stuff like Duh Michaels is the best ringperformer of all time. Michaels was also the king of no selling and kayfabe breaking. His atlethisism and moveset dont change that. Just watch him make a mockery of Wrestling against Hogan when he oversold for a damn minute. Lesnar even in the internet age has People fooled into thinking he is the same asshole irl as he is on tv. I dont see anything bad with being a family man. Also you fan watch him engage with others irl such as the rock backstage at ufc to see hos he really behaves around People. Him filipping fans off at AirPorts is him staying true to kayfabe and wrestling is about two things. Drawing money and making People believe. Lesnar is the only Guy on and wrestling roster where I go shit that must be real and since Cena and Rousey nobody brings as many eyeballs to wrestling so fuck the garganos of the World. Lesnar is the best inring performer I have ever seen because he makes me believe in whichever story he,s telling.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I thought his Rumble performance was mind-numbing personally. Why dedicate half of the one interesting match every year to Brock doing the same tired schtick he always does?
HARD PASS!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Cena clearly took too many shots to the head. Or perhaps all those steroids and growth hormones he's taking has restricted the oxygen and blood supply to his brain.

Lesnar is great, but the best in ring guy of all time? Bret Hart, Tanahashi, Okada, Kurt Angle, Mr. Perfect, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Kenny Omega, Ibushi, Eddie Guerrero were all superior to Lesnar in the in ring department.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Not even close.

Michaels is still the in ring GOAT for now. Rollins and Gargano may surpass him one day. Bryan has a chance as well.

Those 4 are the mount rushmore.
What are you 12? You think those 4 are the mount rushmore of ring workers? Shawn I'll say okay but the other 3 gimme a break

putting any of those 3 above Bret Hart makes your post a joke

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,038 Posts
People tend to forget that in his prime, Lesnar was arguably the best in-ring performer in the world. He's definitely one of, if not the, greatest big man in-ring performer of all time. Hell if I had to make a list for best at pacing a match, Lesnar would be at the top of that list.

You're claiming you're not marking for this guy after saying that! What do you call it then? So you either do or don't agree with this dumbass Cena here making such a statement, yea or nay? Don't even mention Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin's Rumble moments in the same vein as Brock Lesnar's. They busted their ass! Brock did nothing but walk around like a bulked up monkey letting the competitors do most of his work!

Then for some reason you even threw Okada and Bruno in there as if they couldn't "put on a better Rumble performance", WTF? That's the most extremely dumb idea I've ever read in this forum. Everybody reading this discussion right now, can any of you actually envision with a straight face that Okada, just Okada out of all these names if he worked for WWE and was in a Rumble, couldn't top that lazy line 'em up until I get my balls kicked in by Ricochet job day that Brock put out?

If that's really the case, you guys have been watching this and all of Brock's bullshit too long because that was one of the worst BS performances in Royal Rumble history. You couldn't lower the bar any further without touching your toes and taking it up the ass. You dare even say he tops Shawn Michaels? Shawn Michaels has 2 of the best performances of Rumbles to date, why's that? Because his performances showed adversity. Of course he was hanging on! The whole point is to hang on until you win! His performances were him giving every last breath, sweat and tears until he looked like he'd drop dead any moment to toss guys out to the last man and outlast everyone.

This Brock performance was to just make everyone kiss his feet and hand him record elimination numbers on a silver platter. Oh yeah, he really had to work hard for that one, didn't he? He took a couple bumps and broke a sweat by no. 13, THAT WAS ALL.

All the guys that he was allowed to shit on, Kofi, Braun, Keith Lee, John Morrison, Shinsuke and more, could have put on a better performance than him. A half-hour of Lesnar and his gorilla walk in between countdowns, while he lobs stars big and small out like potato sacks isn't any spectacular performance whatsoever, it's just the biggest blatant display of overscaled favoritism shown to date on one pro wrestler over everyone else.
Be honest, how old are you?

Kurt Angle is the greatest in ring worker.
No he's not.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I think Lesnar's single greatest attribute is how legitimate he comes off when he's in the ring. The way he moves and delivers his offense is done with such a quickness and fighter's vigor that it makes you believe it without hesitation.

·
Registered
18,754 Posts
When Brock is feeling good and actually wants to work, he's gotta be up there somewhere. Great wrestler(bookings fault for all the germans), An amazing seller/wrestling psychology, Big, strong, athletic, quick as hell. So yeah, man. It's not that crazy of an opinion as you would imagine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
this is the problem with today's thinking. No of moves doesn't determine how good a wrestler is. You can do 1000 moves but its useless without psychology or selling. And Brock is a master of both
nope lol, it's actually the opposite, so called ''psychology'' in wrestling doesn't even exist,that's not a thing lmao.
all that matters is how many moves u have,cuz THAT'S what constitutes wrestling match smh..this is just common sense

psychology means what u r thinkin,what are your opinions,are u stable person or not etc,it doesn't have anything to do with wrestling ffs,it's a science of behaviour and mind !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brock is incredible and definitely in the conversation. He doesn’t get enough credit for me. He is by far the most believable pro wrestler in my eyes and has elevated many an opponent. The past few months have been excellent, loved his feud with Rey and really looking forward to seeing him vs Drew. Brock was excellent at the rumble and it’s nice that’s he’s showing much more personality and also appear a lot more frequently

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Uh...

Austin? Undertaker?
Please. Austin got over despite Shawn Michaels.

Undertaker was over and more popular than Shawn Michaels long before Shawn became FOTC. Shawn never once elevated anyone. He made his opponents look ridiculous when he was asked specifically to put them over like Diesel, Hogan, Sid.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Uh...

Austin? Undertaker?
You're saying he helped elevate either of those? They both hit their peak as superstars before he was involved. He then elbowed his way into title matches and feuds with them. Also, that was at the very height of his asshole days. He really wasn't interested in anything but getting himself over.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Please. Austin got over despite Shawn Michaels.

Undertaker was over and more popular than Shawn Michaels long before Shawn became FOTC. Shawn never once elevated anyone. He made his opponents look ridiculous when he was asked specifically to put them over like Diesel, Hogan, Sid.
You're saying he helped elevate either of those? They both hit their peak as superstars before he was involved. He then elbowed his way into title matches and feuds with them. Also, that was at the very height of his asshole days. He really wasn't interested in anything but getting himself over.
You guys clearly don't know the definition of the word 'elevate'.

Austin was unproven on the maint event stage before his match with HBK. He was over with the fans but up until that point the biggest opponent he ever had in WWF was Bret Hart and he couldn't beat him. He lost at Mania and he lost at Survivor Series.

Austin was not solidified as the man to beat until he beat someone like Shawn, that's just a fact. He and Taker were the top guys after Bret left... and they and only they were the ones capable of elevating Austin to that spot.

And yes Taker also hugely benefited from working with Shawn. He sold to the fucking high heavens for Taker every time they fought and made Taker look like a fucking monster. Go watch their HIAC match. Taker comes off like a demon possessed.

For god sakes HBK literally let the man end his career and had two back to back classics with him at WM which has become a huge part of Taker's legacy. He will forever be the man who retired HBK. That in itself is a storied accomplishment that will be part of his story forever. In fact if you remove HBK from the equation entirely I'm not sure if Taker would have went out on nearly as high of a note.

So yea sorry fellas, both Austin and Taker clearly benefited from working with Shawn and he has had a huge impact on both of their careers.

·
Baby Yoda
29,150 Posts
When Brock is feeling good and actually wants to work, he's gotta be up there somewhere. Great wrestler(bookings fault for all the germans), An amazing seller/wrestling psychology, Big, strong, athletic, quick as hell. So yeah, man. It's not that crazy of an opinion as you would imagine.
When he gives a damn, he's right up there with Okada and Tanahashi IMO.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts