Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the bigger rub for John Cena to elevate him to megastardom? Defeating the most successful (crossover) WWE Superstar or ending the Streak? I ask this question because many consider The Rock to be a bigger star than The Undertaker.

- Vic

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
If John Cena isn't already a megastar after all the accomplishments heaped upon him that he's never really deserve (my opinion), then there is something seriously wrong with this company...

I will say this right now, I will forever abandon watching a future WWE program if John Cena ends the Streak. I'll just rely on my tapes of the glory days.

Reactions: Emotion Blur

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
The Streak.

There have been a number of people that have defeated The Rock at Wrestlemania. But no one has ever defeated The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. No one.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beating the Undertaker is definitely in my eyes, the bigger feat, but not happening, nope, done, out of the question, end of. If it did, I would make a thread on this site to set up the date and time that myself and whoever wants to come will march to the WWE HQ in Connecticut(I think its Connecticut)demand them to reverse the decision or serious mob action will be taken,hehe.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Beating the Undertaker is definitely in my eyes, the bigger feat, but not happening, nope, done, out of the question, end of. If it did, I would make a thread on this site to set up the date and time that myself and whoever wants to come will march to the WWE HQ in Connecticut(I think its Connecticut)demand them to reverse the decision or serious mob action will be taken,hehe.
I would join you in this. Seriously.

There's only 3 people that could end Taker's streak without me getting really pissed. Hogan, Austin, Rock. Don't see any of those 3 doing it.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
If John Cena isn't already a megastar after all the accomplishments heaped upon him that he's never really deserve (my opinion), then there is something seriously wrong with this company...

I will say this right now, I will forever abandon watching a future WWE program if John Cena ends the Streak. I'll just rely on my tapes of the glory days.
I agree completely. John Cena already is this era's biggest star. He's as 'Mega' as he's going to get. Going over Taker or Rock isn't going to make him bigger at this point. The only thing that will is him and the WWE improving his character so he appeals to the whole audience, not just half.

And the streak isn't going to end.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
um how much loses did rock went through at wm. Exactly so undertaker all the way is and supposed to be the bigger rub

·
Banned
8,732 Posts
In a weird sort irony, I think that even if a wrestler was booked to end the streak, they'd probably refuse to do so. It will never end, and nor should it really.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
In a weird sort irony, I think that even if a wrestler was booked to end the streak, they'd probably refuse to do so. It will never end, and nor should it really.
Yeah, I've thought this too. I know Austin and Rock would respect Taker too much to do it. Don't know about Cena though.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Beating The Rock would even the score. Beating the Undertaker would make history (like, make history for real, not make history in WWE's loose terms).

There's no contest here.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I'd like to see him end the streak IF he turned heel doing it, it would have the biggest impact in the history of wrestling and it would make Cena the biggest heel of all time, he can then feud with Rock as a heel. Ending it as a face though? hell no.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
I really hope that happy cunt cena never gets his win back over rock.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
I would say beating Undertaker at WM. Rock was never touted as unbeatable and has jobbed many times at WM. Technically, Randy Orton has a win over Rock. Didn't elevate him much further than he was.

But, if Cena would beat Undertaker at WM, he will go down as the only guy to do what 17 other men have failed at. IMO, thats far bigger than beating The Rock.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Cena ending the streak would be a bigger deal. Like someone said earlier, beating The Rock would just even the score. It would be a big win, but it would have the historical significance that ending the streak would have.

And to be honest, if Undertaker does face Cena Wrestlemania, for some weird reason I do not see Cena losing that match. If I was a betting man, Taker's match against Cena would be the first time that I would bet against The Phenom.

There's no where else for Taker to go after Cena. If Taker wins, who does he face next? Plus not having somebody end the streak would be such a huge mistake. That would be something people would talk about for years.

Also, I find it weird that on a forum full of very intelligent wrestling fans like this one, that there are people who would be thinking of marching up to WWE Headquarters because of a conclusion of a movie script. It's like those fans of Bret Hart (including Bret himself) not wanting to lose a scripted in Canada. Seriously?

No offense to you guys who want the streak to stay intact, but at some point it has to end. And I think the occasion will be against Cena at Wrestlemania XXX. Like I said there is nowhere to go after Taker's match against Cena, which is why Taker should lose. Even if Cena doesn't end the streak, I am 100% certain that Taker does want it to end at some point. He would be glad to do the favor for Cena.

A heel (of face for all I care) John Cena ending the streak is relevant to the future of the WWE. Undertaker winning yet another match at Mania is not. I would even go further and say that at this point an Undertaker loss at Wrestlemania is bigger than another win.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The biggest impact would be me hitting the TV with a ***** kick if Cena were to end the streak. Thankfully, no one will end the streak.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts