Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read a rumor that both Cena and HHH were supposed to face each other again on WM 23, a rematch from their match (WM22). So who was supposed to go over?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah I always wondered about that plan as well, I mean Cena went on to have an almost year long reign with the belt so I kinda don't think he would drop it then, but I also doubt that Hunter would lose twice in a row. Maybe Shawn would have been involved as well and he would take the fall.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It would've very likely been HHH going over. No chance Cena would beat him twice in a row at Mania. Keep in mind that Cena has never beaten face HHH. They faced off in 3 singles matches when they were both active and full-time. Once at WM22, once at Night of Champions, and once on Raw. The latter two matches Triple H won clean, and he was face in both of them.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I can see HHH winning the title at WM or maybe at Backlash and then dropping it to Orton later that year like he did at No Mercy.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
It was a shock to me when Cena beat Triple H at WM 22, it would have been even more shocking and almost hard to imagine HHH losing a second time. That being said it would have made no sense for Triple H to beat John Cena at that point, Cena was so over back then and his reign had a lot more mileage, losing to an older face from the previous generation would have been a bad move. It's the opposite of passing the torch, it's giving the torch back to a guy who isn't as popular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts