Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read a rumor that both Cena and HHH were supposed to face each other again on WM 23, a rematch from their match (WM22). So who was supposed to go over?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah I always wondered about that plan as well, I mean Cena went on to have an almost year long reign with the belt so I kinda don't think he would drop it then, but I also doubt that Hunter would lose twice in a row. Maybe Shawn would have been involved as well and he would take the fall.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It would've very likely been HHH going over. No chance Cena would beat him twice in a row at Mania. Keep in mind that Cena has never beaten face HHH. They faced off in 3 singles matches when they were both active and full-time. Once at WM22, once at Night of Champions, and once on Raw. The latter two matches Triple H won clean, and he was face in both of them.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I can see HHH winning the title at WM or maybe at Backlash and then dropping it to Orton later that year like he did at No Mercy.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It was a shock to me when Cena beat Triple H at WM 22, it would have been even more shocking and almost hard to imagine HHH losing a second time. That being said it would have made no sense for Triple H to beat John Cena at that point, Cena was so over back then and his reign had a lot more mileage, losing to an older face from the previous generation would have been a bad move. It's the opposite of passing the torch, it's giving the torch back to a guy who isn't as popular.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,701 Posts
Yes, that was the planned match. Cena either would have won outright or lost the title and won it back in a rematch not too long after.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Maybe they would've done HHH vs Cena vs HBK cause remember DX was very hot in 2006 going into 2007.
Kinda agree with this and WWE always do this to put back the natural solo superstar back into single competition and also HBK took break in May, so sounds fit to separate them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It would've very likely been HHH going over. No chance Cena would beat him twice in a row at Mania. Keep in mind that Cena has never beaten face HHH. They faced off in 3 singles matches when they were both active and full-time. Once at WM22, once at Night of Champions, and once on Raw. The latter two matches Triple H won clean, and he was face in both of them.
In 2009 Triple H was face and Cena beat him twice that year.

Survivor Series 2009 Cena vs HHH vs HBK for the WWE Title. Cena pinned Triple H

Raw November 16, 2009. Cena and Taker vs Jeri-Show vs HHH and HBK . Cena pinned Triple H

·
Registered
371 Posts
In 2009 Triple H was face and Cena beat him twice that year.

Survivor Series 2009 Cena vs HHH vs HBK for the WWE Title. Cena pinned Triple H

Raw November 16, 2009. Cena and Taker vs Jeri-Show vs HHH and HBK . Cena pinned Triple H
You listed a tag match and a triple threat. Re-read my post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts