Wrestling Forum banner

[John Cena] A 3 Year Long Reign or 7 Titles in 3 Years?

• 3 Year Long Title Reign

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • His Current 7 WWE Title Wins In Under 3 Years

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Neither (for whatever reason)

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With John Cena's win at Night of Champions it marks his 7th WWE title win in less than 3 years (not including his tag title win). With that in mind I do wonder why the WWE are bothering to have Cena loose the title at all, if all he is ever going to do is win it back again so easily?

Do you feel John Cena should just have been given the title in 2009 and held it for three years rather than have him constantly winning it, either way its double edged sword to those that really hate him, I dont hate Cena as much as alot of people, I dislike his character and the amount of title oppotunities and wins he has been given but my hate is very small compared to the majority of the IWC, so I ask this to the people who love and hate Cena...

would it have been better for John Cena to have a 3 year long title reign or his current 7 titles in under 3 years? Or neither?

Personally I would say 3 year long title reign, as much as I would possibley hate it it would make more sense than him burying talent the way he is, as much as I hated Alberto Del Rio being champion int he first place it was WWE bad booking in making him the champion thinking people will give him heat for it. And the way John Cena is constantly winning these titles makes me actually wish he had a three year reign.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Me and my brother were saying the same thing last night when he won the match.

A 3 year long reign would actually make him the title and the company look mor legit, because it would mean he's just a dominant champ, rather than how it looks now, like the company just dosen't have anything better to do than have him always win it, lose it and win it back all the time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 7 titles for me. I think a lot of people might say the 3 year reign, mainly because they're so sick of seeing the title being passed back and forth to Cena but I do think seeing him with the belt constantly for 3 years would be worse. I get that people can challenge (and lose) for the title while still looking strong but someone has to win the belt eventually (well, at some point over a 36 month period anyway)?

EDIT: With that being said, I do dislike the fact that Cena will be remembered for winning, well god knows how many it will be by the time he hangs up his jhorts, "x" amount of titles. I don't think he should never be mentioned/remembered, but not for the way the world titles were used just to further some of his storylines along.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The answer is simple: he wants to outdo Ric Flair. Cena jobs himself out on purpose so he can regain the title in a week or two. He figures, "let's let the poor chump walk around with it until the next PPV. He'll get a few shirts sold and i'll add another mark on my record."

That or he's gotten into burying the hell out of mexican talents (beat mysterio clean and easy- made ADR TAP).

·
Ho!
17,481 Posts
3 year title reign would be better for the title, but I find the 7 title reigns in 3 years more entertaining. I have patience, but I couldn't wait that long for the title to get off Cena... I could barely wait the 9 months for his first title reign, let alone the year for his third, but three years... I'd probably stop watching. Yeah, definitely would, especially if they still did what they've been doing the last 3 years and that's make everything but the main event, usually the WWE Title feud meaningless.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Honestly? I think I'd have preferred the 3 year long reign. It'd have two advantages: during the three years WWE wouldn't be able to keep up the "Against All Odds" bullcrap (though it has been significantly toned down in recent times, but it's still there) and secondly whoever took that title off of him would be absolutely huge. Instant heel megastar, it'd be the equivalent of breaking the Streak.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
It feels like he has the title anyway whenever he doesn't have it. Also the belt design makes it feel like it's Cena's belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts