Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
It’s just bizarre how they’ve treated Cena at the end of his run.

Here’s a guy that for 10-15 years they tried to force feed this idea and manufacture this narrative that he is one of, if not the greatest of all time. Then they gave him him 16th World Title win and reign in fairly unspectacular fashion, and then job him out incessantly.

And he hasn’t really had a relevant WM match since the Rock, and his prior 3 appearances would have been better not even occurring, tbh.
It's not really that bizarre if you consider Cena was put on a pedestal because of his loyalty. Take away that, and Cena would have been just another Jericho; he was special until he was willing to be a WWE only guy. Once he started to slow down and decided to try and make a name of himself in Hollywood, Vince had no particular use for him. And all in all, he's not a big enough name yet that Vince actually has to grovel for him to come back, like he does for the Rock.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I get it Cena need to feud with a Smackdown guys to pop the friday night tv ratings , but Elias turn heel again is not good for him

·
There's only one of me
1,220 Posts
I don't get why anyone is suggesting that he should put someone over. There's zero chance of that happening at a WM in Tampa. Maybe others lose in their hometowns often, but John Cena isn't coming back for that. Not this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was matched against ANY heel. Vince thinks that any match Cena is in will be a money-grabber, no matter who is on the other side of the ring.

To be honest, I don't necessarily want John to beat Flair's record...but holy hell, how can the WWE miss out on this opportunity for it to be at WM this year? I wish they would somehow bounce the opportunity from Drew to Cena, so he can get revenge on Brock. Have Drew go after Cena afterwards. A Lesnar/Cena match is much bigger. Drew can win the title off Cena at a future PPV.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
How the mighty have fallen. Cena being relagated to fighting Elias?

The only thing that could be worse than that would be Cena wrestling in the kick off show. Both Cena and Elias suck in the ring.

Why not book Cena against Fiend (nobody cares about Reigns vs Field for the title) or Adam Cole at WM?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I don't get why anyone is suggesting that he should put someone over. There's zero chance of that happening at a WM in Tampa. Maybe others lose in their hometowns often, but John Cena isn't coming back for that. Not this time around.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was matched against ANY heel. Vince thinks that any match Cena is in will be a money-grabber, no matter who is on the other side of the ring.

To be honest, I don't necessarily want John to beat Flair's record...but holy hell, how can the WWE miss out on this opportunity for it to be at WM this year? I wish they would somehow bounce the opportunity from Drew to Cena, so he can get revenge on Brock. Have Drew go after Cena afterwards. A Lesnar/Cena match is much bigger. Drew can win the title off Cena at a future PPV.
Yeah, I’m by no means a Cena fan, although I think they should and could have been using him much better the last few years just based on his name and gravitas.

However, I agree. One last run where Cena doesn’t turn heel, but he uses heel-ish tactics by using his name to force his way into the title picture and then cheating to beat the Fiend at Mania because he has become so desperate could have been pretty epic by WWE standards.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts