Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I'm really digging Joey Ryan. Really interesting, good on the mic, charismatic.

Also, I'm starting to think that TNA is getting him to do all of this stuff to get some hype.

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
20 years ago it would be Hulk Hogan vs Joey Ryan selling out at MSG? You know what, I completely believe that would have been possible. #JoeyRyan #LegalizeSleaze

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Come on Hulkster...I want Ryan, Robbie & Zema in some great 6 man action against EY, Sabin & Williams. Show Joey the money and make the match happen on the Slammy pre-show on YT. Give em 15 minutes and they'll get that crowd warmed up.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
I'd like to think that this is all a work and he comes back on another gut check or something before actually getting signed. They could hardly have Hulk just override it because it'd make the judges seem pointless and their opinions worth less which they really shouldn't be doing. But I'm not so sure and I'd have to see it to believe it.

But that was a good promo, he'd be a great X Division heel I'd think.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
The fact that he said Joey Ryan vs. Hulk Hogan would main event 20 years ago and sellout MSG confirms that...it's a work...brother! Sounded like something his character would say rather than the man himself.(if that makes sense)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'd like to think that this is all a work and he comes back on another gut check or something before actually getting signed. They could hardly have Hulk just override it because it'd make the judges seem pointless and their opinions worth less which they really shouldn't be doing. But I'm not so sure and I'd have to see it to believe it.

But that was a good promo, he'd be a great X Division heel I'd think.
Hogan's words upon announcing Gut Check :

"If my judges like what they see, and I like it also they're going to get an Impact Wrestling contract"

It might have been a shoot up until Hogan said "they were working on the Joey Ryan situation" and they decided to turn it into a story. Or it could have been a giant work from the start.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Also after Hogans comments about Ryan and "working on it" and now Ryan asking for answers from Hogan you can kind of see this turning out to be a work.

I could understand a video bashing TNA and him just returning to the Indies. However he didn't take a shot at the company. He took ma shot at the judges and then asked Hogan for answers. Then he wants to trend on twitter during Impact.

I guess we will have to wait and see. I could easily see Hogan saying try to win a contract at Destination X.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He's not that good, sorry.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts