Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
214 Posts
It's going to be very, very difficult for me to accept this...

·
Banned
894 Posts
With his "let me be me" mention, safe to assume AEW wouldn't allow his dick-based offense silliness.
I would say you're absolutely correct. He said he made a decision to stay an independent wrestler just a few weeks before Dynamite launched, but I guess that was a way out of the "I'm sure he's going to AEW" thinking.

He also mentions in his Twitter post that he also gets to keep all indie dates. Maybe AEW wanted him to be exclusive and he wasn't willing to give that up.

Anyway, what's done is done.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The only time I enjoyed Joey was in Lucha Underground where he stopped with the dick crap but played the sleazy cop really well. If he can play more sleazy and less dick stuff then he could be a good hand, him and Johnny Swinger could form a fantastic retro style tag team.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow, would have thought for sure he would eventually wind up at AEW. Was hoping he’d show up there.
All these freaking AEW fans lurking Impact's forum lol. Any way Joey will be able to be sleazy and controversial in Impact since that's the direction they seem to be going to.

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's a shame, I was hoping for him to go to AEW, or at least ROH. I don't have enough hours in a week to watch more than a few clips (damn working full time), so it was nice knowing him :(

·
Registered
876 Posts
I could imagine he has the right gimmick for some impact royalists, but it's not for me.
I liked BFG, mostly good show. But with things like the Tessa intergender feud dragging by now and this signing I'm sceptical about what's coming up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Seems to fit the "adult" orientated product they are going with. Another big character added to the roster so I'm happy.

·
Currently following WWE, AEW, NJPW and NWA
45 Posts
It means what it means. He was one of the hottest free agents in USA (yes, independent wrestling is THAT broken) and it can attract some fans to Impact. Not a great addition, nor it will add quality, unlike he actually did in 2012 without that dick bullshit. Oh well...

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
I saw this on Twitter. Very odd for him to go back there. I don't know why he was featured on BTE for so long to not be offered a contract. I'm a little aggravated by this tbh.
He was offered a contract, but supposedly he turned it down because they didn't want him to do his dick stuff.

·
7,934 Posts
Going from his twitter post about him being him and getting to keep his indie dates you do get the impression AEW might have wanted him to scale it back a bit, or he just genuinely enjoys working the indy circuit. Impact's stance on intergender wrestling likely appeals to him too since he's always done a lot of that. Wouldn't shock me to see an eventual Tessa feud with him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts