Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Because if a locker room cancer going untreated then it can eventually affect the on screen product. Just look at how Hogan and Nash's diva antics accelerated the death of WCW by driving away young, talented wrestlers like Jericho, Guerrero and Benoit.

We wouldn’t have half the legends we know today if any kind of management had your mindset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
We wouldn’t have half the legends we know today if any kind of management had your mindset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe that mindset is part of the problem. Because everybody today knows everything about everybody, anybody in the public eye has to always be on their best behavior. So you’re automatically either stifling the loosest canons or excluding them from roster altogether — the very ones who are most likely to become the larger-than-life characters. Everybody today is walking on eggshells both on camera and off. Back in the day, we’d never have heard about Enzo’s locker room or real-life antics, and who knows how far he might have gone with the boss not having to worry so much about public perceptions. Not saying he’d ever be main event material, but could possibly have been a steady, strong enhancement talent.

·
Registered
247 Posts
And ya know what, now I am kind of re-evaluating my position on this. Previously, I thought the spat between Enzo and Janela was spontaneous; now I wouldn't be surprised if it was a total work. I mean, they never came to blows, nobody got seriously hurt, and Enzo's friend "conveniently" recorded it so everybody could know about it. Now I wouldn't be surprised if this was totally fabricated so as to create heat for an eventual match between the two of them. Only 2 things though: they did it with a ton of people around amidst a big crowd where nobody knew what they were doing AND with Janela being a new signee to AEW, such an incident could put him in trouble with higher-ups in AEW.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts