Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Pretty weird seeing people against Enzo due to his backstage antics. Your not backstage so why do you care what goes on outside the what u see on the television screen?

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Pretty weird seeing people against Enzo due to his backstage antics. Your not backstage so why do you care what goes on outside the what u see on the television screen?
It boggles my mind why people give two shits about what happens backstage. I watch to be entertained, not to care about if he pissed someone off in catering.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
It boggles my mind why people give two shits about what happens backstage. I watch to be entertained, not to care about if he pissed someone off in catering.
Thank the age of the interwebz and social media where everybody instantly knows everything of everybody else’s personal business. Used to be nobody knew what any of these guys’ real life personalities were, when kayfabe was kayfabe, and it would be professional death to anybody who’d even think about breaking it. Heels were the assholes, and faces were, well, faces, and that was that. You hated one and loved the other, because nobody knew any different. Some of these guys went so far as to carry their in-ring personas into real life to keep up that facade. It could be argued that the Information Age killed pro wrestling. Maybe even all of society.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Enzo got on the line with Lil Wayne shortly after this happened. Lil Wayne is no longer touring with Blink.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Imagine going to watch Blink 182. If AEW and ROH has anything about them they’d tell them to pack their bags for being seen there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What video are you watching where he doesn’t?!? Backing up while, tentatively balling your fist up from a fight you instigated. While the guy you told you’d fight, aggressively approaches you somehow looks ok. I know someone is gonna make some subjective suggestion that he didn’t like afraid or apprehensive ... He did though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
What the fuck video are you people watching saying Janela got punked out?

I just love the internet.
What video are you watching where he doesn’t?!? Backing up while, tentatively balling your fist up from a fight you instigated. While the guy you told you’d fight, aggressively approaches you somehow looks ok. I know someone is gonna make some subjective suggestion that he didn’t like afraid or apprehensive ... He did though!

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,920 Posts
I sit corrected — I mis-assumed that ‘punked’ meant he got decked. I’ve obviously not been keeping up with my urban slang.

Anyway — my take is, he (Janela) jokingly said ‘wanna fight?’ without really wanting or intending to fight, and then he realized Enzo was taking him seriously when he squared up and slapped his hands away. From there he reacted as I think I would have had I been misunderstood, and gotten in a position to defend myself if I had to, but back off at the same time to try to diffuse the misunderstanding. I don’t think he was afraid as much as he just never wanted to fight in the first place. That’s what it looked like to me. I’ve jokingly taken the stance before with people I know, and if they square up back at me, even maybe take a few mock swings, I know they’re joking as much as I am. Janela’s mistake was joking with a guy he doesn’t know, and a loose cannon at that, and who he’s had some less than cordial twitter exchanges with. Just a total miscalculation is all it was. And I’ll bet if we saw the whole video, that’s what it would show.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Because if a locker room cancer going untreated then it can eventually affect the on screen product. Just look at how Hogan and Nash's diva antics accelerated the death of WCW by driving away young, talented wrestlers like Jericho, Guerrero and Benoit.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It sounds like Joey got too familar with Enzo and backed down after Enzo reacted. I'm glad it happened..... because listening to Jim Cornette go off was great.

Cornette reading Enzo's tweet - "You don't want no smoke."
JC - "Apparently he was trying to buy weed off of him at a rock concert."

JC - "Yes, this apparently is English. I recognize the words. I just never have seen them in this order before."

Cornette reading Joey's tweet - "Hi, I'm Joey Janela"
JC - "Well that's reason alone to ** punch him, right there."

JC - "Amore, however remembers it differently."

81 - 100 of 103 Posts