Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that otunga has a new lawyer gimmick, do you think that mcgillicutty will re-debut as joe hennig or any other new gimmick?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
"Average" Joe Hennig... family man and shoe salesman by day, WWE superstar by night... not afraid to admit he's not perfect, but who is?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Mr. Average Joe Henning
based of Al Bundy

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Mr. Past Perfect.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow you guys really don´t like him haha

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I think he should stay off of Raw, and Smackdown for a while. Debut "The Perfect Son" Joe Hennig character. Do a watered down shoot with him talking about how he was told by Lauranitis that he was no Curt Hennig, and that he didn't have that look. Joe said he was told to either take it, or leave, and that basically they didn't care about who his father was.

Later have it that Otunga is then put under Lauranitis' wing, and a feud is started only on Superstars, but on Raw backstage segments hinting at the feud between Otunga, and John. In this match Joe has to beat Otunga in less than 20 seconds. Not that this would be a stipulation, but if he wants to go over he has to pull off a quick, and dominant match. Otunga is a no name, and also the former tag team partner, they know each other well, and Hennig has the wrestling background not Otunga.

Have Hennig disappear for about 2 weeks. Let him debut on Smackdown, and announce that he isn't here for charity. Joe basically stays heel, and tells the world that he is "The Perfect Son". Have him go on about being what all these failed offspring tried so hard to be, and that was "The Perfect Son". Hennig tells the Smackdown roster that he is looking for gold around his waist, and that it starts here on Smackdown. Spits his gum out, and smacks it in to the crowd, just like his father had done in the past.

Now as far as the look is concerned. I think Hennig needs to go with his own look, but not the current attire. The Ruthless Aggression title on the back of his tights just doesn't make any sense at this point. He needs some swagger to himself, and he must cheat at any chance he gets. His father was a notorious for placing his feet, or foot on the ropes at any opportunity. The Fisherman Suplex pin? I say yes, but modify it if you cane Joe.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he should stay off of Raw, and Smackdown for a while. Debut "The Perfect Son" Joe Hennig character. Do a watered down shoot with him talking about how he was told by Lauranitis that he was no Curt Hennig, and that he didn't have that look. Joe said he was told to either take it, or leave, and that basically they didn't care about who his father was.

Later have it that Otunga is then put under Lauranitis' wing, and a feud is started only on Superstars, but on Raw backstage segments hinting at the feud between Otunga, and John. In this match Joe has to beat Otunga in less than 20 seconds. Not that this would be a stipulation, but if he wants to go over he has to pull off a quick, and dominant match. Otunga is a no name, and also the former tag team partner, they know each other well, and Hennig has the wrestling background not Otunga.

Have Hennig disappear for about 2 weeks. Let him debut on Smackdown, and announce that he isn't here for charity. Joe basically stays heel, and tells the world that he is "The Perfect Son". Have him go on about being what all these failed offspring tried so hard to be, and that was "The Perfect Son". Hennig tells the Smackdown roster that he is looking for gold around his waist, and that it starts here on Smackdown. Spits his gum out, and smacks it in to the crowd, just like his father had done in the past.

Now as far as the look is concerned. I think Hennig needs to go with his own look, but not the current attire. The Ruthless Aggression title on the back of his tights just doesn't make any sense at this point. He needs some swagger to himself, and he must cheat at any chance he gets. His father was a notorious for placing his feet, or foot on the ropes at any opportunity. The Fisherman Suplex pin? I say yes, but modify it if you cane Joe.
very nice

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I like how WWE broke up the Otunga and Mcgillicutty tag team into obscurity. No big storyline, and just let Otunga debut a new gimmick. As For McGillicutty, he'll be coming back as Hennig, I hope he'll show some character though, his previous character was a trainwreck. This is the perfect time for him to change his name too, this has become the Reality Era, ever since Punk did that shoot promo, WWE has lost some of its kayfabe-ness, he even mentioned Triple H's real name. So yeah, they should change Hennig's name soon.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Whoever compared Joe Hennig to Al Bundy need to shoot themselves. Bundy is a fucking prophet.

Hennig needs to go to Smackdown and establish a name there since RAW is crowded at the moment and, compared to Otunga, isn't primetime ready. Maybe work an angle with him and DiBiase as second/third generation superstars.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
thats always a possibility! but do i see it happening? not really

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Joe Hennig should be written off TV for a while, and then bring him back to be "Perfect" and have Joe go on an undefeated streak when you bring him back, and then have him win the U.S. Title and have him improve on his mic skills considerably

·
pretending to be nice
1,490 Posts
He's said in interviews that he wants to be his own person, not Mr. Perfect or Hennig. WWE didn't force him to change his name, he wanted to change it himself. So I very much doubt we'll see him as Joe Hennig unless he gets really desperate for money.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
He hasn't shown me much yet for me to even care if he didn't come back at all. Needs a lot of work because he just isn't ready yet. I like Winning's idea actually, of the Hennig/DiBiase type thing, with the second/third generation superstars.

If you wanted to fully milk that angle, you could throw Rhodes in so he doesn't have to take the pin when he loses his title.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts