Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Joe Anoa'i / 'Roman Reigns' is listed as Tatted Meathead (Gary)

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
It’s far from a big role, by the sounds of it, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t segue into more things. This will mean staying healthy and not getting injured. This might mean his wrestling days could very well soon be over.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Over the years, I have kind of grown to respect Roman as a person. Like all great Samoan wrestlers, he is just a genuinely down to earth, good guy.

He could be very successful in Hollywood doing those Jason Momoa/Dwayne Johnson type roles.

·
Registered
917 Posts
This could mean two good things. 1. His acting skills could carry over to having better promo skills. 2. Hes done with WWE and pursuing an acting career full time.

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts
It would be amazing if Roman gets more publicity/word of mouth from this than he did form being the face of the WWE.
I doubt it. He plays a literal meat head lol. Probably more minor than his role in fast and furious.

I’d say if he wants to pursue greater roles, go for it. It’ll be more money and safer for his body and health.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw the movie. He's in the first 15 minutes for like 30 seconds as the boyfriend of a chick that the main character hits on. All he practically does it stand up and tell David Spade its his wife he's hitting on and Spade gets scared when he sees how big he is.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts

From 75 names in the cast list, he enter number 12,not bad for the guy who only did short appearance and dialogue,and I think he filmed this when he took the treatment for his leukemia.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I can't believe anyone is actually giving David Spade a starring role in anything in 2020. That Adam Sandler friendship has given him the last 15 years of a career.

On topic: Roman doesn't have nearly the charisma or presence of The Rock or John Cena. He might be able to score these bit part cameos, just based on look, but he's not going to be scoring the bigger parts.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
This is the equivalent of being a jobber in Dark Order.

Did The Rock do any small cameo appearances before going straight to the top as a leading actor?

Kind of looks bad when WWE’s top star is literally a nameless meat head in a David Spade film for 15 seconds. At least only agree to the role if they name the character.

·
Registered
931 Posts
This is the equivalent of being a jobber in Dark Order.

Did The Rock do any small cameo appearances before going straight to the top as a leading actor?

Kind of looks bad when WWE’s top star is literally a nameless meat head in a David Spade film for 15 seconds. At least only agree to the role if they name the character.
yes Star Trek

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
He certainly has a look of a summer blockbuster delivering actor but we don't know how good his acting skills are. Who knows, maybe he might surprise us the way Batista did. I wish the best to him.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
He and Jason Mamoa look damn near identical. And Mamoa has had a following going back 20 years to Baywatch. Hollywood already has a Jason Mamoa. They don't need a lookalike

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
He and Jason Mamoa look damn near identical. And Mamoa has had a following going back 20 years to Baywatch. Hollywood already has a Jason Mamoa. They don't need a lookalike
Or maybe he can replicate Momoa's success? We don't know.

If Anoai can improve his acting and further mature in the industry, maybe he can play Lobo some day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts