Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an interview with the Sports Courier, former WWE star John Morrison briefly mentioned that he has been in talks with TNA about possibly joining the company.

"Wrestling is a business. TNA is like a really cool startup company. I've talked to several people in their organization, and I’m looking forward to hearing more about what they have to say. It’s business, brother. If they got some cool ideas and some cool stuff going on, of course I’m going to hear what they have to say".

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Morrison as the cocky heel who dominates the X-Division with Melina by his side would be some great television.

·
Intoner
6,590 Posts
I heard that interview, and it did sound like he just want more money or a world title, but I still dont think he will join TNA.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,165 Posts
What's Johnny Raw doing in the Impact Zone?

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Amegad, dub E rejects on TNA.

Someone worth investing, their scouting team appears to show signs of improvement. Perhaps Big John Gaburick got that spot and is now making shit happen.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Don't watch WWE so my knowledge of Morrison is limited, but I have seen some of his stuff on YouTube.

Seems like he'd be a solid addition to TNA - he could conceivably, like a lot of their roster, work both X Division and Main Event-style matches and I can see a lot of good feuds with the existing roster - AJ, Sabin, Aries, Hardy.... the list is endless.

The only doubt I ever have about potential ex-big name WWE signings is their attitude. Would they come in with an Angle/Hardy attitude or an Anderson/RVD attitude? If he genuinely wants to work hard then great. If he thinks he'd be slumming it, then I'd pass regardless of anything else he brings to the table.

Not knowing that, however, I'd be for it.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
JOHNNY IMPACT~!

Wait, did he just say TNA is a startup company? It's taken 11 years to start up? :hayden3

Common sense should prevail from both sides - JoMo doesn't need TNA, and TNA doesn't need JoMo

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
how long now has he been out of WWE? is there something against him? why hasn't WWE wanted him back? why hasn't he yet come to TNA?
as a former WWE guy it seems if he was good enough TNA would be all over him to put him on TV. has he not wanted to come to TNA in the past? or has it been TNA that hasn't been interested in him?

·
Intoner
6,590 Posts
He left wwe on his own because he wanted to take some time off from crazy schedule and improve his mic skills.
Ever since he left, Morrison was saying that he will return someday, but obviously that day didn't come yet.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I wish I knew more about this guy, I've seen hum wrestle a couple of times but I quit watching WWE back in his tag team days and I just don't remember much from him from back then.

Hopefully he helps, I read that a lot of people are high on him.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
how long now has he been out of WWE? is there something against him? why hasn't WWE wanted him back? why hasn't he yet come to TNA?
as a former WWE guy it seems if he was good enough TNA would be all over him to put him on TV. has he not wanted to come to TNA in the past? or has it been TNA that hasn't been interested in him?
I think Melina is/was the issue. Melina had a lot of heat during her WWE run but Morrison was seen as a pro and was welcome back.

Morrison always wanted a WWE return but they must not of been calling hence being open to TNA I would imagine.

If they sign Morrison expect Melina also though. They're a package.

He's also someone TNA definitely needs. Only 34 years old, can work, has a good look. Struggles on the mic but Melina covers him there. He'd debut as an instant main eventer and TNA could get atleast 4 or 5 years out of him before he started to slow down.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
Melina is the reason Morrison isn't back with WWE. She was blacklisted, and he won't drop the baggage no matter how much his career can suffer. Melina is the Yoko Ono to JoMo's Lennon, if you will.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Bring him in before its too late. He is a perfect fit for X-division and if he has improved with his mic skills he can easily be a world champ someday.

I honestly am surprised he has not been in TNA since he left WWE... but WWe or TNA.. I just hope he comes back, I always liked the guy.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If they sign Morrison expect Melina also though. They're a package.
Are they still together? There was an incident between the 2 of them a year ago. They used to work the same indy shows, but ever since that incident Melina hasnt worked any shows, and that was already 15 months ago.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts