Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great story on how Jinder Mahal transformed his body, through nothing but sheer hard work, dedication, and an extremely disciplined diet and eating plan:

http://www.gq.com/story/jinder-mahal-wwe-real-life-diet

It's truly inspirational how hard this guy works to entertain us wrestling fans, and the way he was able to completely turn around his life in 1 year from being on the bottom, to being on top of the world.

I only wish some of his peers, who have obviously been slacking off, had the same level of dedication and drive to be the best. Seems like most guys these days are just happy to be there and cash checks.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Say what you want, but this guy is really putting himself out there. Insanely hard working and is now reaping the rewards. He has been putting people over for years, its time he finally seized the spotlight for himself and shows us what he really has.

So far his segments have been good and ratings have improved after RKO (Ratings Killer Orton) dropped the title.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Now Jinder marks can masturbate lol.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Where did I mention his physique here? I said he's getting mainstream attention fpalm, not once did I say he's not on juice because he obviously is fpalm

HHH and Vince have been on muscle and fitness covers when it's obvious they're on roids, no one gave a shit. It's still good publicity.

Reading comprehension doesn't seem to be Roman marks forte.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
Where did I mention his physique here? I said he's getting mainstream attention fpalm, not once did I say he's not on juice because he obviously is fpalm

HHH and Vince have been on muscle and fitness covers when it's obvious they're on roids, no one gave a shit. It's still good publicity.

You mentioning his physique ain't got shit to do with it, its how you can go and make slanderous (and posts) threads about him, just for them to win the strap so you can jump on his dick like you've been his day one :mj4

And of course the obligatory anti-Roman comment :trips8

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

This thread is probably more enlightening tbf: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/gener...s-mean-nothing-stories-suck-matches-suck.html

Or that time he said he'd be done if Jinder won the title.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Great article, thanks for sharing. Jinder has completely earned that title through his body transformation, being a good company guy by jobbing when he had to and putting in the hard work it takes to be on top. Not to mention his confidence and charisma is finally getting to be shown. He should hold the WWE title for a long time.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
This thread is probably more enlightening tbf: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/gener...s-mean-nothing-stories-suck-matches-suck.html

Or that time he said he'd be done if Jinder won the title.

Hold up, you might've done something :mj

I'm sorry that I have standards and think it's incredibly stupid to turn a career jobber into a champion within the space of a month.

Now that it's been established there are no standards for the title, maybe they may as well had gotten Ellsworth to go over AJ. That would have made headlines around the world. Shock is what we want...
:mj

GOAT drawing ratings and getting that mainstream attention :proud
:mj4

·
Banned
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Come on guys. It takes a big man to admit you were wrong and acknowledge the greatness of the Maharaja. @Ace seems like a sharp guy and he gets it.

Reactions: Red Hair and Ace

·
Registered
583 Posts
When is this shit going to die already?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Good for him, I've enjoyed his arc and title win. I watched SD live(NPI)the Tuesday after he won to witness the celebration.

hard work in the gym, strict with diet and a decade of doing what's asked, mainly jobbing, 10 years later he is the WWE champ being interviewed by GQ, THIS is a feel good story but people detract with bullshit like ethnicity.

You not being a fan of the guy clouds your ability to appreciate his dedication and how he turned his shit around. You can pay your dues in ways other than wrestling in a different company.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Guy's obviously on roids. You don't just change your physique like that. Its a different case if he was always naturally freakily ripped, he wasn't. Unless you're just a natural freak of nature, you just won't get that body no matter how much effort you put in. Life doesn't work like that.

And no one is doubting Jinder for not being a hardworker but saying he deserves the title for being a hardworker is stupid when everyone in the business works hard. Aside from Brock Lesnar right now, you don't get anywhere in this business without workig hard.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Reading this article, I'm very impressed with Jinder's dedication. But also, it makes me think of Patton Oswalt ripping on Carrot Top at one of those Comedy Central roasts, to the effect of "to think, all that time I could've spent working out, I was eating delicious food and writing jokes". :lol

Not that it really applies since Jinder's food/train life is paying dividends, but still.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Great story on how Jinder Mahal transformed his body, through nothing but sheer hard work, dedication, and an extremely disciplined diet and eating plan:

http://www.gq.com/story/jinder-mahal-wwe-real-life-diet

It's truly inspirational how hard this guy works to entertain us wrestling fans, and the way he was able to completely turn around his life in 1 year from being on the bottom, to being on top of the world.

I only wish some of his peers, who have obviously been slacking off, had the same level of dedication and drive to be the best. Seems like most guys these days are just happy to be there and cash checks.
thanks for sharing the article. what an impressive writeup on The Maharajah by GQ of all things!! you know VKM loves this

you CANNOT BUY this kind of mainstream coverage people! this is why Jinder Mahal is at the top right now

Professional athletes don’t get to the top by accident. It takes superhuman levels of time, dedication, and focus—and that includes paying attention to what they put in their bellies.

:vince5

1 - 20 of 56 Posts