Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not surprised at all that Impact wanted to bring him in.

Jinder Mahal’s push to the top of the SmackDown brand is one of the more surprising moves to happen in WWE recently. On a recent episode of Talk Is Jericho, The Maharaja spoke to Y2J about several topics including his return to WWE and how he’s feeling about his current push.

Mahal said the two years after his first release from WWE was a dark time for him. He said he was drinking every night, out of shape, and hitting rock bottom. Then he made the decision to stop drinking cold turkey and start dieting. Two months later he was back in WWE.

The Secret is a book that relies on the power of positive thinking and Jinder Mahal greatly supports that belief. He said he starts everyday with cardio and he writes down his goals. One of those goals is to become WWE Champion. That goal very well might become a reality at Backlash. He said he feels amazing now and sees big things for himself.

Mahal also spoke about his relationship with The Chairman Of The Board, Vince McMahon. “I see the results, and I see myself moving up the card. You know, I’ve become closer to Vince. It was weird. In my first run, even when I was in 3MB I would avoid Vince — not avoid him, but you know […] He’s intimidating, but now I have a good relationship with him.”

Jericho asked Mahal if Vince told him about his current push and Jinder said, “actually, he got to the arena really late, like 6:30 and that match took a long time to call and we were like literally calling it for maybe half an hour before match time. But he had rewritten my promo. The original promo was something totally different.”

“So when I finished calling the match, one of the writers was like ‘hey Vince changed your promo’ and I was like ‘okay, bring it to me’ so they brought it to me and I had read the America comment and all that and I was like ‘ugh I like the old promo better.’ Like it was something like, ‘I tried being peaceful but nobody was listening but now I have all you guys’ attention, I just beat five of SmackDown’s very best and I did it all alone.’ Something like that, it was just a regular heel promo but the new one was like: You Americans, this and that — I was like ugh I don’t like it, but Vince wrote it, it’s okay. But I did it and the reaction that I got I was like ‘ah man, Vince is a genius.’ He knows exactly what draws the most heat.”

“It’s weird, he knows what’s going to draw the most heat. I didn’t see it at first but as soon as I heard the reaction — actually when I came back to I sat with Vince and he was like, cause we went over time already and he was like, ‘forget about the time, let them boo even more before you start talking’ so I was like, okay.”

Jericho brought up the fact that since Vince wrote Jinder Mahal’s promo it means he’s even more invested in his situation. Mahal went on to elaborate even more on Vince’s influence on his current story.

“Actually while we were there I had actually asked Vince, ‘Vince please [at] every single live event, can I do a promo?’ and he said yeah. So Michael Hayes wrote it up right away ‘Jinder promo.’ So I’m checking my email a couple days ago and I saw a script for house shows for promos and I’ve never had that and even a day later like extra notes came [from Vince McMahon].”

Jinder said he feels prepared this time around and Vince knows what he’s doing. Timing is everything and that included the choice to bring Jinder Mahal back to WWE after his release.

“It was weird” Mahal said, “after two months of dieting and everything I actually got a call from the other wrestling promotion too.”

Jericho wasn’t shy about saying, “oh so TNA called you?” and Jinder confirmed this was true.

“There was a pay-per-view in Orlando on that Sunday and I live in Tampa. And [Impact Wrestling was] like, can you come and talk to us?” Jinder said he was planning on going to talk to TNA, but the day before he was supposed to go WWE’s Senior Director of Talent Relations Mark Carrano called him and said they wanted to sign Jinder back.

Jinder told Carrano he had a meeting scheduled with Impact Wrestling and wanted to see what his options were. “Obviously I wanted to come back to WWE but I had already told [Impact] I was going to come talk to them so I was going to keep my word. So I went to talk to them and I called Carrano back and said ‘yeah, send the contract over.'”

Mahal said it was all about timing because WWE was doing the brand extension and needed extra guys. He said he was part of a handful of guys they brought back to the company. But, it certainly looks like it’s working out way better for him at the moment.

http://stillrealtous.com/jinder-mahal-relationship-vince-mcmahon-interest-impact/

·
Banned
2,461 Posts
Re: Jinder Mahal on Talk Is Jericho: Impact Wrestling Wanted to Sign Him, Relationship With Vince McMahon

TNA roster is full of WWE rejects :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Re: Jinder Mahal on Talk Is Jericho: Impact Wrestling Wanted to Sign Him, Relationship With Vince McMahon

Mahal said the two years after his first release from WWE was a dark time for him. He said he was drinking every night, out of shape, and hitting rock bottom. Then he made the decision to stop drinking cold turkey and start dieting. Two months later he was back in WWE.
What a feel-good story.
Now I'm not an expert on men's bodies and how they react with steroids like many on here, but I genuinely think there is a chance he's got his body naturally He's overcome depression and alcoholism, don't see why he couldn't get that body cleanly.

60,001 Posts

Jinder is such a hot commodity that he was pursued by outside promotions. Not surprised to hear that Vince has such an active hand in his push. :vince$ Vince proving he still has moments of genius.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts

What a feel-good story.
Now I'm not an expert on men's bodies and how they react with steroids like many on here, but I genuinely think there is a chance he's got his body naturally He's overcome depression and alcoholism, don't see why he couldn't get that body cleanly.
BECAUSE GETTING FROM FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE TO LOSING ALL FAT AND COVERING YOUR BODY IN A SPIDERWEB OF VEINS AND MAN TITS IS NOT POSSIBLE NATURALLY IN SIX WEEKS!

The Secret apparently contains a guide to juice up.

Reactions: KO Bossy

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts

The more I hear from Jinder the more convinced I am that he's on droids. But time will tell...if he passes regular WWE wellness policy tests I'm assuming he must be clean.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

BECAUSE GETTING FROM FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE TO LOSING ALL FAT AND COVERING YOUR BODY IN A SPIDERWEB OF VEINS AND MAN TITS IS NOT POSSIBLE NATURALLY IN SIX WEEKS!

The Secret apparently contains a guide to juice up.
Well he fought off alcoholism, depression, dieted, skipped all cheat meals , and went all in in the gym 6 days a week . That is crazy. I haven't tracked his body transformation, I don't know his timeframe, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt unless he gets caught

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts

Good for him

It's not impossible to turn himself round lol

·
Banned
19,285 Posts

Some people not realising that he was gone from WWE for like 2 years?

It's not impossible to get from where he was to get to where he is now through dieting and hard work in 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if steroids were used. I think almost everybody who's ever been anyone has used steroids in the WWE from the exception of geek looking guys like Punk - but it doesn't bother me. It's a performance enhancing drug, not a wrestling enhancing one.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Some people not realising that he was gone from WWE for like 2 years?

It's not impossible to get from where he was to get to where he is now through dieting and hard work in 2 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if steroids were used. I think almost everybody who's ever been anyone has used steroids in the WWE from the exception of geek looking guys like Punk - but it doesn't bother me. It's a performance enhancing drug, not a wrestling enhancing one.
That's the thing though, he didn't work out for two years. He only started working out and dieting two months before re-signing with WWE. There's no way you can get in that shape naturally in only two months.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

Oh wait, Jinder is not on steroids ? :lol

·
Registered
5,614 Posts

Jinder put in the hard work. Meanwhile Kassius Ohno, a professional athlete is over on NXT looking like a sloppy mess.

·
Banned
19,285 Posts

That's the thing though, he didn't work out for two years. He only started working out and dieting two months before re-signing with WWE. There's no way you can get in that shape naturally in only two months.
Right, but we don't know what shape he was in before that 2 months. Unless of course you can provide me with proof of what he looked like. Before 3MB, he had always been in good shape.

Right now, he doesn't look far off his previous look bar the fact his bodyfat has been reduced alot.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Jinder says that him & Kahli draw 60,000 (+20,000 outside the stadium) before WWE recently signed him (Talk Is Jericho)

Hi,
I got some interesting highlights from the podcast Talk Is Jericho"
At 16:30 Mahal speaks about events that he was having with Kahli in India:
# Because the events were so huge- goverement officials were needed in order to arrange the events.
# In the first huge event (30,000 gate) Kahli was kayfabe injured - and Kahli hospitalized himself so it will look real.
# Kahli faced the person who "injured him" in the second event
# In the second event - the stadium was packed and not a single man could further enter the stadium.
# Jinder said that if they had a bigger stadium, they could have a higher attendency than Wrestlemania.

Some intereseting things to catch up from the interview:
* Jinder performed in a WWE event while he was drunk
* Jinder had a drinking problem after he left the WWE
* After not moving forward- Jinder decided to quit drinking, embrase positivity, diet & work out.
* A couple of months after Jinder had a positive turn over- TNA called him.
* A couply of days before Jinder met with TNA- Mark Corrona from WWE called him
* Jinder said it was no question about signing with WWE, but he still met with TNA because he gave them his word
* Jinder has continued with his journey of positivity and he says that the world arround him changed as a result of his actions.
* Jinder was, and continued being the booker for wrestling orgenazitions in India and other indies (haha, they sounds similar)

People in India after Jinder won the championship

·
Registered
245 Posts
Re: Jinder says that him & Kahli draw 60,000 (+20,000 outside the stadium) before WWE recently signed him (Talk Is Jericho)

Jinder is a smart businessman. THE MAHARAJAH.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Re: Jinder says that him & Kahli draw 60,000 (+20,000 outside the stadium) before WWE recently signed him (Talk Is Jericho)

"Jinder and Khali Drew 60,000"?

Wow, Jinder was in the main event of a show that drew 60,000 people?
Oh he wasn't in the main event? So he was what, like towards the end in a title match of some kind?
No?

So he was exactly where on this card?

By his logic, "Khali and Mike Knox drew 60,000 fans".

The fuck outta here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts