Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since nothing will change the fact that he is WWE champion I thought that I would point out his most serious issue in my humble opinion. That happens to be his image. Don't get me wrong, great physique and I am totally for him in regards to that. Kudos to you Jinder.

However, I think he needs to up the image ante. When I look at most of the stars today in the WWE, many of them are just so boring and flat looking. People bitch about The Demon character, but I love it. It's something different, it's entertainment. The same with The Undertaker, he has an image that is awe inspiring.

Many stars today lack a true image that attaches to their character. Right now Jinder Mahal is just an Indian version of Randy Orton, minus the body art. What about Jinder stands out other than his neck veins? Nothing in my opinion really stands out at all. His look isn't memorable. When you're as bad as people say you are, you better have something else to catch their attention and he doesn't.

Remember now, this is sports entertainment. These are characters which should have distinct features, attires, entrances, etc. All of these things come together to define the fictional character. I am expecting to see a bald head on Mahal. I think of Dhalsim from Street Fighter, or the man from Indiana Jones The Temple of Doom ripping out hearts.

Where is the all white Yogi beard? His attire should be more authentic to his fictional character. He should claim that he is extremely flexible and that no man in the WWE can ever make him tap out. This should be a claim that remains true for years. His entrance should of course have music, but that isn't the only thing.

Just like Aleister Black rises from the smoke in his entrance, I think Mahal could do something of that genre. There are many who claim that Yogi's can meditate and then float. The trick is on youtube. Mahal should sit at the top of the stage and float above the SD live stage. This should be part of his entrance. Purple smoke, ritualistic music, and I would eve give him a personal valet.

·
Registered
976 Posts
what Jinder needs is to start putting on some main event calibre matches. atm he is just a 2.5 star 3 star worker his matches are bland.

His look his presence his presentation is like a main eventer just his promos n in ring skills arent.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
What makes you think he's so flexible?

Reactions: LucasXXII

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
@blackholeson claiming to be humble with his opinion is probably even more amusing to me than anything said in the OP concerning Jinder. Which, trust me, I was quite amused by.

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You want Jinder Mahal to look like Dhalsim from Street Fighter?

...:lmao :lmao :lmao fpalm
No. I was using Dhalsim as an example to give people an image that I was trying to create. My point about Jinder was very clear. He has a boring look and there really isn't anything about him to remember other than his physique. What's wrong Dhalsim? You act as if resembling some fictional character is taboo.

Will he also be able to hit the yoga fire like Dhalsim
If it weren't "PG" television, then yes. I think it would be awesome to see him blow fire into the face of another talent. That's some old school shit right there and I am totally down with that.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Is it just me, or does OP bring up the most gimmicky gimmicks that ever gimmicked. Like every post of his is always bringing up some crazy idea for a character that seems too much in my opinion. I agree when he says that more people need characters and shit, but there has to be a sense of realism on the show which he wants to destroy. An example of this is when he stated that the Ambrose character sucked and needed to be nore psychopathic, I agreed with him but I thought he wanted Ambrose to be something like Jon Moxley or FCW Dean Ambrose, instead he proposed the idea of him coming tied up with the Hannibal Lector mask calling himself Hannibel Ambrose or whatever. That wouldnt get over because it has no sense of realism to it.

I appreciate his effort thinking of ideas on how to better the product and can admit that he has a great imagination but I just think his ideas are always over gimmicked.

Reactions: RavishingRickRules

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Is it just me, or does OP bring up the most gimmicky gimmicks that ever gimmicked. Like every post of his is always bringing up some crazy idea for a character that seems too much in my opinion. I agree when he says that more people need characters and shit, but there has to be a sense of realism on the show which he wants to destroy. An example of this is when he stated that the Ambrose character sucked and needed to be nore psychopathic, I agreed with him but I thought he wanted Ambrose to be something like Jon Moxley or FCW Dean Ambrose, instead he proposed the idea of him coming tied up with the Hannibal Lector mask calling himself Hannibel Ambrose or whatever. That wouldnt get over because it has no sense of realism to it.

I appreciate his effort thinking of ideas on how to better the product and can admit that he has a great imagination but I just think his ideas are always over gimmicked.

To be honest, I actually like the hannibal idea. Its definitely one of his better ideas. Dean Ambrose is always best when he is menacingly crazy and not wacky. I can definitely see him pulling it of, but more as part of a stable than by himself. Kind of like Takashi Iizuka, that crazy chained member of the group that eveyone else of the stable keeps in check by keeping him in a strait jacket and wheeling him out for matches and unlocking him for matches. Of course Jon Moxley wpuld be nice too, but Ambrose is young. He is going to go through multiple iterations of the crazy gimmick anyway throughout his career. But that name is literally WOAT though. Only other caveat os that I feel like someone like Sami Callihan or BT Gunn from the indies might be better to pull of the gimmick.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Since nothing will change the fact that he is WWE champion I thought that I would point out his most serious issue in my humble opinion. That happens to be his image. Don't get me wrong, great physique and I am totally for him in regards to that. Kudos to you Jinder.

However, I think he needs to up the image ante. When I look at most of the stars today in the WWE, many of them are just so boring and flat looking. People bitch about The Demon character, but I love it. It's something different, it's entertainment. The same with The Undertaker, he has an image that is awe inspiring.

Many stars today lack a true image that attaches to their character. Right now Jinder Mahal is just an Indian version of Randy Orton, minus the body art. What about Jinder stands out other than his neck veins? Nothing in my opinion really stands out at all. His look isn't memorable. When you're as bad as people say you are, you better have something else to catch their attention and he doesn't.

Remember now, this is sports entertainment. These are characters which should have distinct features, attires, entrances, etc. All of these things come together to define the fictional character. I am expecting to see a bald head on Mahal. I think of Dhalsim from Street Fighter, or the man from Indiana Jones The Temple of Doom ripping out hearts.

Where is the all white Yogi beard? His attire should be more authentic to his fictional character. He should claim that he is extremely flexible and that no man in the WWE can ever make him tap out. This should be a claim that remains true for years. His entrance should of course have music, but that isn't the only thing.

Just like Aleister Black rises from the smoke in his entrance, I think Mahal could do something of that genre. There are many who claim that Yogi's can meditate and then float. The trick is on youtube. Mahal should sit at the top of the stage and float above the SD live stage. This should be part of his entrance. Purple smoke, ritualistic music, and I would eve give him a personal valet.

I hope you're trolling. You actually want Jinder to float to the ring...

Well he better start taking some circus performer classes as well.

·
Angry at refs
5,590 Posts
The Dhalsim part aside... OP kind of has a point. Jinder looks generic, as does almost everyone in the WWE at this point, and an attire change could do him wonders. I don't have any ideas off of the top of my head, though.

Also, OP, I don't think anyone hates Finn's Demon cause 'lol demon', they don't like it cause Finn doesn't change anything in ring wise. He still has the same moveset, yet it's meant to make him stronger some how?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Really ? Jinder Mahal's entrance is probably the best thing about him, it's entertaining and make him stand out without being over the top. JInder's is just an average talent, not that bad but not great either and no amount of work in his entrance can change that because he already is as good as he will ever get

Plus, Mahal's flexible ? No one would buy it, even his strongest fans aren't going to believe he is some RVD

1 - 20 of 50 Posts