Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy's been drawing huge heat since his push, bigger than Miz's.

Is this genuine heat or go away heat? I think it's the former.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
As far as WWE are concerned, go away heat IS real heat. Which is why the likes of Reigns and Stephanie McMahon are so prominent in the shows.

Jinder is only just getting started, with the reactions he got tonight Vince will only take it as a huge positive and push him a lot harder.

·
Banned
5,081 Posts
Yeah, it was a smark crowd so I think it's pretty clearly go away heat, which in 2017 is the only heat a lot of people can get.

And to answer your question, fuck no. For legit heel heat The Miz kicks Jinders ASS. For fuck you go away heat nobody comes close to Roman.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
As far as WWE are concerned, go away heat IS real heat. Which is why the likes of Reigns and Stephanie McMahon are so prominent in the shows.

Jinder is only just getting started, with the reactions he got tonight Vince will only take it as a huge positive and push him a lot harder.
I think Roman marks are shook.

If Jinder is more hated and polarizing, what the fuck is Roman Reigns for in the WWE? :lol

Not the most over, not the most over babyface, not the most hated heel and not the most polarizing star.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
No, this is not "genuine" heat. The guy is a HORRIBLE wrestler with a racist gimmick. He literally does just need to Go Away.

I can't believe the trolls all over the internet claiming to like this guy, when they constantly shit all over great wrestlers just because they haven't got the promo skills of Stone Cold, or muscles and veins popping out of every inch of their bodies. It'[s really quite disturbing.

I guess, at least Mahal isn't quite as shit as Khali was. And Khali was given a title reign and clean victories over The Undertaker. Thankfully, Mahal won't get the opportunity to do that, with his 3 badly performed "moves" and angry sex face.

·
From parts unknown
23,274 Posts
Yeah, there's no difference between go away heat and real heat. I think it's just semantics created by smarks who want to feel better about themselves having gotten worked so that they can continue to pretend that they're not marks.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Well fuck me! If that's the justification then, if xpac was around today he's be a 16x world champion.

Bring back Vicki Guerrero and make her the first undisputed women's champion.. she was getting crazy go away heat.

GO AWAY HEAT DOES NOT LEGITIMIZE SOMEONE. I wish Vince/the writers would realize this.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yeah, there's no difference between go away heat and real heat. I think it's just semantics created by smarks who want to feel better about themselves having gotten worked so that they can continue to pretend that they're not marks.
No.

Real Heat: : "I love to hate this guy. I want to see the babyface beat him."
Go Away Heat: "This guy is on? I think I'll change the channel."

Charlotte had real heat. She's fun to watch and fun to "hate" as a character. You enjoy the matches and appreciate the character portrayal.

People with "Go Away Heat" - Jinder, Reigns - are disliked because they are not entertaining, but are taking up our main events. We simply don't want to watch when they're on.

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
Go away heat = a whole arena chanting "Go away".
You're wrong. As someone who has been to more live events around North America than anyone on this forum there is a huge difference. Most of you have no clue what go away heat is and what real heat is. It's so frustrating reading responses that make no sense in regards to this topic.

Go away heat isn't silence, however in the late 80's and early 90's that would be true. Back in those days fans would just sit there and you would hear crickets. In today's WWE and for the last 20 years people have become widely aware of what's called "X-Pac Heat". This is another term for go away heat.

If you recall when The Rock first started he received go away heat. We all know what happened years after. Go away heat isn't as loud as real heat. The difference is very obvious especially when you are live and in the crowd and have experienced it for the last two decades. There is a difference and most of you really don't have a clue to this. You think you do, but it's not something you can just outright explain.

Real heat is easy to hear live, or watching on television. The fans basically fall into the "entertainment" and clearly listen to the heel and respond appropriately to the what the heels says and does. Real heat means the talent is over. You typically hear one type of continuous respond of boo's, you suck, asshole chants, etc. Ciampa's heel turn is the perfect example of real heat.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts