Wrestling Forum banner

Jim Ross To Call WrestleMania Matches

2913 38
All I have to say is that whatever those 2 matches will be it is going to be GREAT!
Source: Rajah.com

– Current plans call for Jim Ross to call at least two matches at WrestleMania 27.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
3,455 Posts
well it won't be that great as one will be Cole vs Lawler, but it will be good to hear a decent play by play announcer again

· WWE Analyzer
176 Posts
He'll come in to replace Cole... and Commentate along side Josh and I hate to say it, but Booker T. What this means is Cole and Lawler will be towards the end, 2nd last or 3rd last. I cant see this happening after the Miz and Cena though, so maybe Taker/HHH wont be last?

· Registered
6,148 Posts
He'll come in to replace Cole... and Commentate along side Josh and I hate to say it, but Booker T. What this means is Cole and Lawler will be towards the end, 2nd last or 3rd last. I cant see this happening after the Miz and Cena though, so maybe Taker/HHH wont be last?
I swear I read somewhere that WWE were planning on having Taker/HHH last, Cena/Miz third from top with a match in between. That match would appear to be Lawler/Cole, which I'll be OK with tbh. It's a good break to have in between the 2 biggest matches of the night.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
I swear I read somewhere that WWE were planning on having Taker/HHH last, Cena/Miz third from top with a match in between. That match would appear to be Lawler/Cole, which I'll be OK with tbh. It's a good break to have in between the 2 biggest matches of the night.
Taker/HHH, despite the obvious starpower, just doesn't work for me as the bout to close this Wrestlemania based on the troubling fact that the build-up for it has been almost abominable compared to fairly reasonable expectations for it. It's possible they could throw everything but the kitchen sink into the build in the last two weeks but it'd require a herculean effort at this stage.

Cena/Miz w/ The Rock should close it out this year. That's the tip of the spear for the buyrates this year (Rock, that is). Based on the lackluster buyrate for last year's show, considering how hyped and prepped HBK/Taker II was, the Streak by itself isn't an especially enticing draw anymore and probably won't be until Taker's paired with Cena. (Though for most casuals it'll be a bigger deal with HHH than HBK.)

· Registered
86 Posts
I would certainly hope so, he always brings that big match feel and can really help add some emotion and passion into the matches he calls, he is still obviously the greatest the wwe has ever seen, and i have no doubt he would want to.

· Registered
13,940 Posts
Should call the whole show (especially since I doubt Cole and King are calling anything since they're working it) but at least people at home will have him for two matches.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,891 Posts
He should have never left. He makes guys like Josh Matthews and Booker T sound like horseshit.

I will mark for Gawd Almighty, Sonnofabitch, Slobberknocker and Damn Him Damn His Soul To Hell.

· Registered
123 Posts
JR's announcing makes WWE matches more epic, and Jerry Lawler too

Cole sucks, Mathews sucks, Striker REALLY sucks

Honestly though, I like Booker T at the announce desk. Not in the same league as JR, obviously, but he isn't as bad as the 3 mentioned above, especially Striker. God I hope he isn't there for any part of WM this year

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.