Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would just post this in contrast to the Kevin Nash stuff. I'm with JR that we should see how this all plays out before we burn the building down.

We've received many emails and Tweets (@JRsBBQ) regarding Miz as the new, WWE Champion. I've been touting Miz for months on this site as a future big time player and one that I felt several months ago would be in the main event mix at Wrestlemania in Atlanta. Looks like that may well happen now. As for Miz being WWE Champion and specifically for all the naysayers, I suggest that you allow this matter to evolve more than just a few hours before damning it.

Antagonist champions who are physically beatable on any given night and who have talented albeit annoying verbal skills are a nice persona traits for a successful champion to have.
here's the link if anybody wants it
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/cenaking-ring-returnspunk-raw-commentarymiz-wwe-champroy-nelson-wwebedlam-nearsorder-today-holi

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
I have the upmost respect for JR but he supports 99.9 percent of everything the WWE does. He's a loyal team player I'll say that. He also makes a good point about what type of champion Miz will be booked like.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
When has Jim Ross EVER been against what the WWE does? Hes still an employee if I'm not mistaken. He just works backstage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was against the order of the top 50 superstars of the WWE. I get that he is a company guy but I still respect the hell outta him. I actually wish they would have let him at least help decide that list.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
He was against the order of the top 50 superstars of the WWE. I get that he is a company guy but I still respect the hell outta him. I actually wish they would have let him at least help decide that list.
Yea but thats something VERY minor. Like when was he ever like "Awww this feud has been terrible this last 2 months, The last WWE PPV sucked!, etc."?

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Jim Ross supports The Miz as WWE Champion. And if you're not down with that, I've got 2 words for ya:

BAH GAWD!

Oh yeah, and when the fuck has "Big Sexy" supported ANY main-event newcomer, or wanted young talent to ever have a chance to succeed? Still living in good ol' Kliq days, right Nash?

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
I love JR, and I support Miz, but it really is impossible to take his opinion seriously. He says nothing bad about ANYONE. They could put the World Heavyweight Championship on Tyler Reks at tonight's SmackDown tapings and JR would still spin it into a positive. How much you wanna bet? Put money on it.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
While it's true that JR would probably support Reks winning the WHC at tonight's Smackdown tapings as Pyro says, his point nevertheless remains true in this instance. Patience is a great virtue to have in any facet of life, including watching one of your favorite TV shows/sports teams/wrestling programs evolve through the months and years. The reactionary takes have already become tedious, largely because we more or less knew this day (yesterday) would come sooner or later. Let's at least wait until the next Raw has passed before condemning the new kid on the block in his new role.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
He's putting Miz over, it wouldn't make sense for someone who works in the WWE to bash The Miz on his own blog that most of his colleagues probably read, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts