Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would make sense seeing cole dissed ross on the "old school raw" and then dissed him again on raw a week back when he said he was "definately better than jim ross".

Also would allow lawler beating the shit out of cole, ross helping lawler out and then cole being injured would allow ross to maybe come back on raw to commentate alongside lawler.

· Registered
488 Posts
Lol. i was just going to say that. Why does it have to make sense for Cole to pick someone that is going to screw him over. The whole purpose of him being allowed to choose the ref is so he has an unfair advantage. I have no clue who it's going to be really. I know Bret and the King were bitter enemies when King was on his last 'active' run as a wrestler. But both are faces so that wouldn't be a good choice either for Cole.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Okay well here is how I think it will play out.

Austin will be guest host of raw tonight in my opinion. Michael cole will just be about to announce the ref when Austin comes down to the ring. He tells cole he has a message from the general manager. The message is that there has been a mis-understanding. Cole told everyone that the ruling was if lawler stuck cole then lawler would be fired and the firing rule did not apply to cole.

However the general manager has told Austin that actually cole mis-understood and that and cole would in fact get fired if he struck lawler. Seeeing that he struck lawler last week cole should be fired right now!!!

However Austin says that the GM and Austin had a better idea. They are going to let cole keep his job and get an ass whoopin of the century at Mania but on one condition. The GM would let Austin choose the special referee at mania for the lawler v cole match. Austin says cole has been talking shit week after week and the referee will be someone who dispises Cole as much as anyone. It is a man who is a good friend of Austin and is someone whose job cole took. That man is Jim ross!!!!

· Registered
488 Posts
Now that I do like. I was kind of upset that Cole was able to strike King when it was clearly stated either would be fires. I know he just slapped him so really it wasn't like he assaulted him which is what the stipulation really is. But still a little punishment for trying to push King into hitting him would be pretty cool. And changing it to an appointed ref instead of Cole's ref would work.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I do like. I was kind of upset that Cole was able to strike King when it was clearly stated either would be fires. I know he just slapped him so really it wasn't like he assaulted him which is what the stipulation really is. But still a little punishment for trying to push King into hitting him would be pretty cool. And changing it to an appointed ref instead of Cole's ref would work.
Exactly. I am saying it could be jim ross but you could change ross with Austin and Austin could say all the above I wrote and appoint himself as the ref at mania to keep control of things. Either way I can't see it going all of Cole's way tonight.

· Registered
488 Posts
Very true. And they have done a half assed job explaining why Cole even gets to stack the deck against Lawler. I assume mostly because he isn't a competitor. A coach and manager makes sense, getting a ref as well is just kind of odd. It doesn't even bring on that much heat so I am going to assume its just to get another name that will draw buys into the ppv and not have them as an actual wrestler.

· Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the special ref has to be DiBiase.
Can't see it being dibiase. How embarassing would it be for the young talent in wwe if lawler a 60 year old commentator got the best of both swagger and dibiase

it will be a big name like AG said and the odds can't be too much stacked against lawler as it would be silly. People need to be intrigued and having a special ref potentially on lawlers side would allow for lawler to get away with beating up cole more than usual.

· Registered
977 Posts
dudes.............. seriousley.......... the guest ref is Austin. prob be a stipulation match, lawler v swagger with lawler somehow winning & then choosing austin as the ref.

you can all give me rep later when im proved right lol

Cole will NOT be choosing the guest ref. And Austin WILL be the Guest ref.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.