Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/20751/jim-ross-on-who-may-face-undertaker-at-wrestlemania-30

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross sees John Cena and Ryback as the top candidates to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX. When asked on Twitter today who he believes may take on "The Deadman" at the pay-per-view event taking place next April in New Orleans, Louisiana, he stated the following: "@Ryback22 & @JohnCena on Short list."

Ryback has his sights set on ending The Undertaker's famed undefeated streak, which he revealed last week during an interview (to promote Monday's RAW at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania): "One of my main goals is ending The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak. It's something everyone has their opinion on. Some people say it's something that should never end. I say why not? I say I'm good enough to end it, and I'm very confident in myself. I know there are a lot of people that will say otherwise, but I could care less what they say. I'm the one who wakes up every day and knows how hard I've worked for this. It's something, if I don't believe I can do it, nobody else is going to believe it."

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
This company is fucked..... First having Daniel Bryan become the new face of the company and now this? Ryback? What a slap in the face to the fans and streak.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
for those who haven't seen it yet
I know it doesn't really mean anything but just putting it there

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about Ryback cause that would be a no sell at all to the streak and probably the last WM for Taker but, if anything either all 3 members of the Shield if they are still together by then or Cena. I am not yet sold with Bryan doing something like that unless he is a surprise out of nowhere. Hell, I would even be sold if say Brock was to face Taker.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
Please let it be John Cena, Ryback has no business being in that match.. I wouldn't be surprised if this is Takers last Mania he needs to go out on a bang!

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
I'm really getting starting to get scared that Ryback is gonna take on Taker, just so many sources talking about it. I don't think he'll win but I don't want taker to waste one of his last wrestlemanias on Ryback, he's too stiff and bad in the ring.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If Cena wants the match with Undertaker then you would think that he will be given it over Ryback.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It better be Cena though after 3 decades to tarnish it with Ryback. Someone to go out in a bang. Say what you want about Cena, I for one am not a Cena fan but he sells those tickets. I would love to see the streak not end cause that is the only thing for Taker at this point but if he is to face it should be a main event ticket seller. At this point, cause he too only shows up during Wrestle Mania time would be the Rock. 2 Attitude Era wrestlers for one final hoorah.

·
Banned
1,695 Posts
It better be Cena though after 3 decades to tarnish it with Ryback. Someone to go out in a bang. Say what you want about Cena, I for one am not a Cena fan but he sells those tickets. I would love to see the streak not end cause that is the only thing for Taker at this point but if he is to face it should be a main event ticket seller. At this point, cause he too only shows up during Wrestle Mania time would be the Rock. 2 Attitude Era wrestlers for one final hoorah.
You know he fought A-Train at Wrestlemania right? I dont think tarnishing the streak is that much of a big deal to creative.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You know he fought A-Train at Wrestlemania right? I dont think tarnishing the streak is that much of a big deal to creative.
That was a long time ago my friend, when we knew Taker would still return. But here now. Perhaps the last one for him, it should be someone of a high sell name. Ryback as which most likely be Undertaker's final match if he does decide to fully quit. At his age and 3 decades I don't see why not, doesn't really cut it. If a Ryback faced him say 5 years or 10 years ago that would be fine. But that final curtain call should have the marquies name

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
If they pick Ryback for the 30th WM, they deserve record low buys. The only other option is Brock and he'll probably be facing Punk anyways.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts