Wrestling Forum banner

Jim Ross gives thoughts on The Rock's return

1514 Views 9 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Natsuke
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/rock-r...-undisputed-must-readfollow-jr-twitter-jrsbbq

The WWE hit a home run when they brought back Dwayne Johnson to be the Host of Wrestlemania 27. Who would have been a better choice?

For my money....no one.

Sorry, young Mr. Beiber.

The Rock's Raw closing promo was golden. I smelled money while he was commanding the live audience. My instincts tell me that fans watching at home were just as emotionally invested as were the fans in Anaheim.

Rock created as much magic Monday Night in Anaheim than Walt Disney did on his best day in the same city.

Hopefully, all the talents who were still at the Honda Center locker room area were listening closely to what the Rock said, when he said it, and saw how he was a majestic maestro who had the live audience in the palm of his hand.

One could tell that Rock was enjoying himself. His DNA is 'ring worthy.'

Great promo men over the years had one common denominator. They all could 'feel' the audience.

Rock felt it Monday night.

He once told me that what he always missed most about appearing in WWE was the adrenaline rush that he got from the live audience. Nothing on Earth can replicate that unique feeling for any entertainer/athlete, etc.

Trust me on that one. (Announcers kill for moments like Monday night.)

Some fans are hammering us on Twitter @JRsBBQ proclaiming that it will be Rock vs. Cena at WM27. That's not what I heard. I heard that Rock was Hosting the event which works very well for me. Will there be some sort of Rock/Cena interaction? Sounds that way to me which is why I'm 'staying tuned.'

With Rock as the Host of the biggest WWE event of the year inside the Georgia Dome, fans can expect the unexpected.

WWE and the Rock aren't collaborating at WM27 without the Rock making a significant IMPACT in Atlanta.

How does the man that Hollywood knows as Dwayne Johnson make an impact w/o wrestling in a match?

Very easily. Rock did it tonight and never laid a hand on anyone.

All I know is that business picked up in WWE Monday night and with all that is planned for WM27 I can't wait to attend the event live.

I expect more huge announcements to come at the Elimination Chamber PPV and soon thereafter as in 2/21/11.

------

Twitter @JRsBBQ....Is the Rock coming back to wrestle full time? That's not what I got out of Raw's most electrifying moment in years Monday night. Rock is making an appearance at WM27 to contribute in a major, likely shocking, way to the biggest WWE PPV of the year. Bottom line regarding this question on Twitter is that I DON'T KNOW but I would doubt it. I'm very excited about Wrestlemania. My black hat's off to WWE.
Sorry, JR - but you contradict yourself with the first bolded bit up near the top and the one in the Twitter question. "Not what I've heard" and "I don't know" are two different things. I think someone has been working the dirtsheets in the past few weeks - and wouldn't be surprised if we get the same in the next few weeks.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
I think JR is just as excited/buzzing as all the rest of us are. None of us know if Rock will get back in the ring for a match or if he simply will be kept in a speaking capacity.

I will say though... Rock had an interview on WWE.com where he said the following:

On his goals for WrestleMania 27: "My goal is to create an incredible show. The guys have prepared for this night all year and they are going to put on incredible wrestling matches and I am there to not only support their matches but work with the great WWE production team and put on an electrifying show. That means I will be backstage and in the ring creating unforgettable and iconic WrestleMania moments."
I personally don't think Rock will have a match, but there is not a doubt in my mind that we are going to see a Rock Bottom and a People's Elbow at Wrestlemania...quite possibly on John Cena. Never say never though.

Rock dominating Cena... E P I C!

· A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,910 Posts
He really didn't contradict himself. The first question was Are we getting Rock vs Cena. He said that's not what I heard.

The second one was Is Rock returning to wrestling full time?? He said I don't know. Those are two very different questions.

· Banned
5,112 Posts
The Rock is obviously going to be at the centre of an absolutely huge occurrence at Mania. I think this could FINALLY be the turning heel of a certain someone.

· Registered
4,953 Posts
When JR says that's not what I heard - that's not him talking as a WWE employee in the know - that's him talking as a fan who listened to the promo the same as us. Nowhere did Rock insinuate he'd actually be having a match with Cena this year.

I personally think it could be more like this - big in ring staredown and then back and forth promo between Rock and Cena. The issue is not resolved and by now, some fans are acting really differently towards Cena because of Rock calling him out lol.

So I expect we might see a bit more of The Rock throughout the year - and as we do, we slowly watch Cena's character go through a bit of a transformation. By the time Wrestlemania 28 in Miami comes round - Cena is a full blown heel who's on a whirlwind path of destruction.

WHO CAN STOP CENA?

Yeah, could be fucking MASSIVE.

· Registered
6,867 Posts
It's just you.

The new superstars, Cena included, are the ones who should shut the hell up. The Rock was in kayfabe, but you sure as heck didn't feel like he was acting at all. The Rock is Dwayne and Dwayne is The Rock. The only one who I feel is remotely close is Cena, but even he can't reach that level simply because every superstar comes off as a paid actor.

I'm not saying the Attitude Era is awesome; it actually wasn't as good as people said simply because wrestling took a 2nd to back seat. What I'm saying is that aside from Cena, we're not going to remember anyone for years to come.

And no, Cena isn't going to heel turn. I highly doubt it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.