Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I mean he would definitely be more well known if he goes to WWE, however I don't have much confidence in the way they would book him.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
To be considered great by marks who only watch WWE perhaps. Jim Ross has always been a WWE shill. Even when he was mistreated and fired he continued towing the company line in his blogs and podcast just to keep the door open. I don't expect him to trash the company or the product but he always take the pro WWE stance. His reaction to the JBL/Mauro bullying rumours? He admitted he didn't know what went on yet said JBL shouldn't be fired. His reaction to WWE having 2 PPV's per month? The more the merrier! His reaction to Jinder's push? He's paid his dues (completely irrelevant to the problems people have with his push)! The list goes on really. I tune him out when he's not on commentary.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
To be great?! He's already one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. But I do think he should have a run in WWE. Not now obviously, maybe in 3-4 years(?)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Yeah, JR is back on better terms with WWE now, so he won't be saying anything that would jeopardise a full time job back at Vinnie Mac towers.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
WWE has the biggest stage, greatest talent, heaviest schedule & most competition for top spots out of all the wrestling companies. So if you really want to test yourself, it's the place to be. You can obviously still be great outside of WWE. But WWE is where the majority of wrestlers want to be, so naturally it's the place where you properly prove yourself.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,479 Posts
Kenny is already great, with or without WWE. It would be fantastic if he ever came to WWE though, which most likely will happen. Not now or anytime soon, but somewhere down the line for sure.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I would love to see all the potential dream matches, but he would likely be grossly misused. Except Styles, how well have most of these "indie" guys been used? Vince will never give a fuck about omega.

Reactions: InexorableJourney

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
you cant win the ballon dor whilst playing in the championship, JRs spot on here

also dear god have i just seen him get called one of the greatest of all time. things like that are why indy/Japanese gets laughed at by some on here. you build them up to be gods
they end up being average men

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,258 Posts
To be considered great by marks who only watch WWE perhaps. Jim Ross has always been a WWE shill. Even when he was mistreated and fired he continued towing the company line in his blogs and podcast just to keep the door open. I don't expect him to trash the company or the product but he always take the pro WWE stance. His reaction to the JBL/Mauro bullying rumours? He admitted he didn't know what went on yet said JBL shouldn't be fired. His reaction to WWE having 2 PPV's per month? The more the merrier! His reaction to Jinder's push? He's paid his dues (completely irrelevant to the problems people have with his push)! The list goes on really. I tune him out when he's not on commentary.
I agree, he's the biggest suck up known to man. he's like an abused wife who stays with the man who's beating her up.
stone cold is becoming the same, he pretends like what the WWE is doing now is good.

Reactions: InexorableJourney

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
To be great(er) yes. Nothing he said was incorrect. To solidify his name in the history books from a worldwide perspective he needs to come to WWE. NJPW is only popular in Japan.

Reactions: herbski

·
Premium Member
18,186 Posts
Yeah Well Known worldwide =/= Great.

It's hilarious just how much of a company man JR is. The same company who have made fun of him and fucked him over time and time again :lmao

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
WWE has the biggest stage

Yes

greatest talent

By sheer volume

heaviest schedule

Why is this a factor for greatness? All those dates means you have to hold back or you burn out super quick. Id rather have a guy wrestle a lot less but tear it up when they wrestle than a dozen mail it in performances

most competition for top spots out of all the wrestling companies.

Not necesarrily. Its well known that guys with great talent like rusev get 'slotted' into positions below their deserved level. In wwe, its not close to true in saying you can grab the brass ring. Its gotta be given to you, like jinder

So if you really want to test yourself, it's the place to be. You can obviously still be great outside of WWE. But WWE is where the majority of wrestlers want to be, so naturally it's the place where you properly prove yourself.

Ok

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I mean he would definitely be more well known if he goes to WWE, however I don't have much confidence in the way they would book him.
Why not? They've booked Balor and AJ just fine. What in your eyes does booking Omega right constitute to?

Misawa & Kobashi were never great then I guess.
They were.

They just were not the stars that Austin and Rock were. Which is his point.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts