Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim Ross offered his insight on the situation on a recent appearance on Busted Open Radio. When asked if he believed Cody and the Bucks will be at MSG, Ross got to the point.

"No. I don't think. I don't have anything concrete to base that on. My gut instinct is no," said Ross. "There's too many big dollars that are possible to obtain. Money's big and in this delicate business. Bubba (Ray Dudley aka Bully Ray), you're a goddamn tank. You don't get hurt. But everybody isn't like you. Some of these kids can't even tie their shoes nowadays. And they didn't save their money. I hope some of these kids will learn from some of their peers and their predecessors. 'Hey, I can have my run and sell a bunch of t-shirts. But bottom line is, I gotta have a bunch of money in the bank.'"
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/jim-ross-doesn-t-believe-cody-and-young-bucks-will-be-roh-msg-show

I personally think it would be a slap in the face if they leave, knowing that they helped with the MSG being sold out.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,340 Posts
I think they will be at the show.

I also think the Bucks especially will make more money away from WWE than with it.

Kenny, and Cody may be different, but I think if the Briscoes are doing well enough to say no, i think Matt and Nick are too.

·
Registered
24,580 Posts
Omega, Cody, and The Bucks aren't going anywhere. Not yet.

WWE will try, and I'm sure they'll make a big play for these guys. But they just did All In. They're going into this huge MSG show. Wresling outside of WWE is the highest it's been since WCW and ECW died. And if Omega, Cody, and The Bucks leave, that comes crashing down.

They'll all go eventually, but I'd be schocked if any of them left now.

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
They aren't going nowhere yet. The one that might leave is kenny.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is he trying to say WWE's giant schedule won't get them injured?
It doesn't seem like that's what he means. Just based off that quote it sounds he's mostly making the point that a big contract with WWE can set them up for life. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with him. I have no idea how much these guys are making now vs how much they would with WWE. The point I agree with him about is saving your money because you don't know when an injury can force you out of the business.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Doing MSG show and probably All In 2 next year sounds like something that no sane wrestler would want to skip. If MSG show is good and All In 2 at least replicates what previous one did then their value would continue growing. Basically my point is that they probably can get better deal from WWE in 2020 than what they'll get in 2019.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I mean, I can see Vince offers the boys big contracts especially for Cody, the Jacksons and Kenny, but after that closing statement at All In, it would be a slap across the face to anyone who attended the event if they go there.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
There is no space for them in WWE. WWE would royally screw themselves if they offered big money to get them. They'll pretty much have to get other high earners down the card to fit them. NXT isn't even doable, too big to waste them on NXT. Not to mention that it's also packed.
If WWE wants to get more guys in then they HAVE to create another show that's on TV.

·
Registered
24,580 Posts
There is no space for them in WWE. WWE would royally screw themselves if they offered big money to get them. They'll pretty much have to get other high earners down the card to fit them. NXT isn't even doable, too big to waste them on NXT. Not to mention that it's also packed.
If WWE wants to get more guys in then they HAVE to create another show that's on TV.
1st, a company will always make room for guys like these.

2nd, They do not need another show.

3rd, have you seen of the segments on Raw? And you're telling me guys like this couldn't fill those 3 hours per week?

·
Registered
283 Posts
What are the chances that NJPW, ROH, and CMLL (and whoever else) combine funds to counter whatever offer WWE makes so long as these guys make X number of appearances per year to each promotion?

Speaking in larger terms what if more promotions did this based on a list of people they don't want WWE to get their hands on. Is that legal or is it collusion of some sort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I can't take Jim Ross that seriously on this, listening to him do NJPW on AXS and his podcast its pretty obvious he doesn't follow the indie scene at all to have an informed opinion.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
What are the chances that NJPW, ROH, and CMLL (and whoever else) combine funds to counter whatever offer WWE makes so long as these guys make X number of appearances per year to each promotion?

Speaking in larger terms what if more promotions did this based on a list of people they don't want WWE to get their hands on. Is that legal or is it collusion of some sort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There were talks of Bryan signing a contract with all 3 of the ones you mentioned. That was when he was injured. Rumours said he wanted to main event with all 3 at once.

I don't know if the powers at be with the 3 companies could come together and work out something of that magnitude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts