Wrestling Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1744 Posts

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,755 Posts
Hey the topicis about that thing talking about AEW, not the WWE.

Already bad enough to have a topic about that thing at least do what the title is saying.
He often intermingles things about AEW and comparing the companies even if the topic is about something that occurs in WWE, so I still see them as relevant. Since this is @BOSS of Bel-Air's topic, if he tells me not to post WWE themed videos here, that is fine though.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,583 ·
He often intermingles things about AEW and comparing the companies even if the topic is about something that occurs in WWE, so I still see them as relevant. Since this is @BOSS of Bel-Air's topic, if he tells me not to post WWE themed videos here, that is fine though.
Just post why it's relevant to AEW and it's fine.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
The term “workrate” itself is bullshit. I’m not aiming this at anyone, but it’s like “anti-smark.” It’s not an industry term and it doesn’t really make sense. You like good matches. You like good work. I challenge anyone to tell me what “workrate” means.

And yes, Bad Bunny worked a better tag than either Buck ever has. Selling is important.
The definition of workrate is self-evident:

Higher quantity of work per unit of time.

So, high rate of work = more work done in less time. For example:

3 moves per minute (low workrate)
12 moves per minute (high workrate)
720 moves per half hour (Bucks match)
Etc.

Nowhere is quality of work part of the equation.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The definition of workrate is self-evident:

Higher quantity of work per unit of time.

So, high rate of work = more work done in less time. For example:

3 moves per minute (low workrate)
12 moves per minute (high workrate)
720 moves per half hour (Bucks match)
Etc.

Nowhere is quality of work part of the equation.
So pure workrate alone sucks.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
How shit stain and rotten twat,fucked Joe's career.
I‘ll add to this. They used to tape TNA in something like 6-week chunks at a time.

The problem with Joe was you’d never know which Joe would show up - the beast or the fat guy who just got off the couch.

At the end of one taping, they were all in on pushing him to the moon... then he showed up to the next taping a lot fatter.

Russo had an honest conversation with him about how important it was for Joe to present himself in the best possible shape for his body type, but Joe never took it on board. He took it personally, blamed his push on creative, and buries Russo to this day.

Now imagine what Vince McMahon thought about Joe’s fluctuating weight. How do you think it influenced how McMahon booked him? It’s pretty obvious why he never won a title in WWE. Even the harshest Russo critic would admit that Joe should’ve taken his criticism on board.

The cold hard fact is Joe’s career would’ve been very different if he just committed to being in shape for more than 8 weeks a year.

As for the criticism of leaning into Joe’s Samoan heritage, all I’ll say is I don’t see how you market a beast like Joe as a “Californian, college-educated Samoan“, and Roman does a modern version of a savage Samoan just fine.

Common sense. Joe should take responsibility for his unfulfilled potential. Same thing happened in both TNA and WWE now.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,231 Posts
I‘ll add to this. They used to tape TNA in something like 6-week chunks at a time.

The problem with Joe was you’d never know which Joe would show up - the beast or the fat guy who just got off the couch.

At the end of one taping, they were all in on pushing him to the moon... then he showed up to the next taping a lot fatter.

Russo had an honest conversation with him about how important it was for Joe to present himself in the best possible shape for his body type, but Joe never took it on board. He took it personally, blamed his push on creative, and buries Russo to this day.

Now imagine what Vince McMahon thought about Joe’s fluctuating weight. How do you think it influenced how McMahon booked him? It’s pretty obvious why he never won a title in WWE. Even the harshest Russo critic would admit that Joe should’ve taken his criticism on board.

The cold hard fact is Joe’s career would’ve been very different if he just committed to being in shape for more than 8 weeks a year.

As for the criticism of leaning into Joe’s Samoan heritage, all I’ll say is I don’t see how you market a beast like Joe as a “Californian, college-educated Samoan“, and Roman does a modern version of a savage Samoan just fine.

Common sense. Joe should take responsibility for his unfulfilled potential. Same thing happened in both TNA and WWE now.
Not entirely wrong, but..

There´s a little more to it than that. Joe never refused to work an angle, but if it was a storyline without any logic that he could see -It didn´t even have to be a great storyline, but Joe had to be able to see the endgoal, then he had a tendency to phone it in, and didn´t bother get in shape (like you correctly said). Russos type of booking just doesn´t sit well with a guy like Joe. Swerves just for the sake of it, storylines that gets started and then dropped without explanations other than Russo thought it would be great etc..
And of course there´s the infamous ninja abduction that lead nowhere

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
lead nowhere? We got that epic penis tattoo on his face.

View attachment 100077
Great idea, sloppy execution (the face tattoo).

He’d be as intimidating as Mike Tyson if he put the effort into it.

What’s wrong with the concept of a Samoan badass with a face tattoo tapping into the viciousness of his ancestors? The weak link here is the talent sandbagging the idea.

Not entirely wrong, but..

There´s a little more to it than that. Joe never refused to work an angle, but if it was a storyline without any logic that he could see -It didn´t even have to be a great storyline, but Joe had to be able to see the endgoal, then he had a tendency to phone it in, and didn´t bother get in shape (like you correctly said). Russos type of booking just doesn´t sit well with a guy like Joe. Swerves just for the sake of it, storylines that gets started and then dropped without explanations other than Russo thought it would be great etc..
And of course there´s the infamous ninja abduction that lead nowhere
So yeah, Joe’s attitude was the difference. Compare his approach to a guy like Moxley in WWE, who didn’t always like what was given to him, but he worked to make the absolute most of it.

In contrast, Joe used booking as an excuse to be lazy. There was a very simple solution: get fit and work hard. Instead, he excused himself for being fat and disinterested. That’s on him.

1581 - 1600 of 1744 Posts