Wrestling Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1835 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,500 Posts
The term “workrate” itself is bullshit. I’m not aiming this at anyone, but it’s like “anti-smark.” It’s not an industry term and it doesn’t really make sense. You like good matches. You like good work. I challenge anyone to tell me what “workrate” means.

And yes, Bad Bunny worked a better tag than either Buck ever has. Selling is important.
It may not be an industry term, but IWC is huge now, and anti-smark and workrate have been used for a decade+ in the IWC.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
The term “workrate” itself is bullshit. I’m not aiming this at anyone, but it’s like “anti-smark.” It’s not an industry term and it doesn’t really make sense. You like good matches. You like good work. I challenge anyone to tell me what “workrate” means.

And yes, Bad Bunny worked a better tag than either Buck ever has. Selling is important.
Pretty sure Bunny sold a big boot from the Miz longer than the Bucks did a Canadian destroyer from the top of a ladder through a table.

Young-Bucks-Lucha-Brothers-table-canadian-destroyer.gif

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Haha, it's really not the same quality show to me as before. They've had "nice" shows in 2021, but nothing that keeps me "hooked", i'm usually a very patient guy with a "wait and see approach", but with WWE I'm not because i can see their BS a mile away, and now with AEW, the stuff that should be fixed by now yet still exist, I'm like "they don't listen", or as many of you have said before, many of their fans feed them their BS. I remember a few weeks ago on Dark seeing comments on youtube with tons of likess "omg JD Drake is great" I'm like...is he? 2 weeks later I see him in a TNT title match..wtf? So a youtube comment with 40 likes gets u on national TV?

On another note

This tweet took off (on twitter and reddit) and I think you'll see more friction between AEW hardcore.

In 2020, I'd say my enjoyment level was 75-80%, now it's like 50% at most, but the fact is, Moxley is reason i started watching AEW, and ever since he lost the gold, they haven't made him a good chaser (despite many claiming he was better off chasing the gold than winning it). But last week was the straw that broke the camel's back for me, watching Matt Jackson vs Omega was one of the most embarassing moments I felt as a wrestling fan, like fo real, I can't stand someone being indecisive but the stupidity, bad acting and just general BS was TOO MUCH in just one segment, AND they had to involve Moxley in all their BS, nah, this is not good. I mean just don't accept the match if you don't wana face your "friends".. some really deep storytelling of manipulations that everyone can just see it's BULLSHIT.

I never blamed Russo too.
Hogan had too much power, and too much ego, to do the right thing.
AEW Dynamite had flaws at the beginning but it was more structured than now and did compelling angles. Like Cody and MJF and the whole thing with Cody being whiped. Even though ECW did something similar, it was updated in a really fresh manner. Even Cody was doing good work as a babyface. Another memorable angle was the first Jake the Snake promo. Moxley coming throught the crowd was over as Hell, etc....But let's face it after Covid, they took a hit. I think it was harsher for AEW than the WWE cause at the time WWE had a bland product and it stayed about the same whereas I feel like AEW was feeding more off the crowds and were trying more in front of them. But time went by, things dropped more and more and mistakes were made. And now it is nothing but mistakes and nonsensical angles. The thing that made them jump the shark were the boat completely got lost at sea was the multiplications of all the new groups at the same time with no reasons. Now it's all chaos all the time and not in a good way.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,505 ·
Nice way of straying from the topic there.

You: Bad Bunny's match was better than every AEW tag match in the past year.
Me: No it wasn't, here are some examples.
You: So we're supposed to ignore the spotfests?

And I'll repeat... there are good matches in AEW. Some are spotty, some are not. It's not a one-glove-fits-all approach and all depends on the combination of wrestlers.

But when you call Rey Fenix the same mock name as Cornette, 'Felix', I'm not even gonna bother. Get your head out of that racist's ass for a minute instead of letting him speak your opinions for you. I understand he has some good points, but when you become so damn indoctrinated by him, there is no wiggle room, leading to crazy comments like 'Bad Bunny's match was better than every tag in AEW in the last year'. It was a run-of-the-mill three star match with extra celebrity glitz.
I'm standing by my comment and I'll repeat it again: Bad Bunny's WrestleMania match was better than every tag team match on AEW Dynamite in the past year. I didn't stutter. Spotfest or not, this got me more invested than anything I witnessed from decade+ "professionals" and that's without even being a fan of his music. You naming five examples over the course of 52 weeks that weren't autopilot gymnastics routines changes nothing. FTR does nothing for me in terms of emotional investment. Bad Bunny figured out how to draw people in within 3 months.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,057 Posts
Nice way of straying from the topic there.

You: Bad Bunny's match was better than every AEW tag match in the past year.
Me: No it wasn't, here are some examples.
You: So we're supposed to ignore the spotfests?

And I'll repeat... there are good matches in AEW. Some are spotty, some are not. It's not a one-glove-fits-all approach and all depends on the combination of wrestlers.

But when you call Rey Fenix the same mock name as Cornette, 'Felix', I'm not even gonna bother. Get your head out of that racist's ass for a minute instead of letting him speak your opinions for you. I understand he has some good points, but when you become so damn indoctrinated by him, there is no wiggle room, leading to crazy comments like 'Bad Bunny's match was better than every tag in AEW in the last year'. It was a run-of-the-mill three star match with extra celebrity glitz.
Yep, I think it’s plain obvious at this point that you won this argument considering the hostility you’re unfortunately receiving as a response to your strong points here. It’s best if you just raise your head up high :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i just invented a new wrestling term 😁

The Khananites
members of the cult of Khan
an AEW fan who will defend the horrible bookings and most ridiculous claims & boasts from Tony Khan

it's just like being a Vincel
A WWE fan who will defend the horrible bookings and most ridiculous claims & boasts from Vince McMahon

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
That's why he was so mad about it lol. He hates that a celebrity was fully trained to look like a competent wrestler within 3 months and embarrass a large amount of the veteran roster.
Oh I know, but he didn't praise it. He stopped watching like 6 minutes into it because he found it stupid. I have not seen many of these Cornette reviews, but I don't think I have ever seen him give a glowing review of a match (to my limited knowledge of course)

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,843 Posts
Oh I know, but he didn't praise it. He stopped watching like 6 minutes into it because he found it stupid. I have not seen many of these Cornette reviews, but I don't think I have ever seen him give a glowing review of a match (to my limited knowledge of course)
He praised several matches at Mania on this same episode.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,515 ·
Rhea vs Charlotte at WrestleMania last year
Jungle Boy vs Dax Harwood
Rhea vs Io a few months ago
Walter vs Ciampa last week
Walter vs Dragunov
Sasha vs Bianca outside of the whole "women shouldn't main event" rant

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
It may not be an industry term, but IWC is huge now, and anti-smark and workrate have been used for a decade+ in the IWC.
By idiots who don’t know what they’re talking about. Even the “IWC” is a cringe-worthy term that needs to be re-examined.

He definitely does.

Is he really shitting all over the Mania Triple Threat too? The guy is absolutely miserable.
Lol, how dare a critic criticises. People can’t even try and debate the points anymore.

1501 - 1520 of 1835 Posts