Wrestling Forum banner
5121 - 5140 of 5255 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
TK gets these hard-ons for people, and they are the only people that will get story development. Everyone else? Here is a heatless match to fill the air, because I ain’t creative enough to write compelling stuff. If the matches aren’t wetting your whistle, then here is another title. Because AGAIN…I can’t write things that make anyone feel important, so here is a belt I can use as a means to shield me from questions about lack of stories.
Thank you sir.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

· Registered
14,020 Posts
Thank you sir.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The Trios feud between Elite and DT, for instance, could be very good TELEVISION if TK was smart enough to frame it ALL around Kenny and Pac’s history not being settled, Bucks and Lucha not being settled, and they can’t keep each other’s names out their mouths, so it is ON SIGHT.

The stupid Trios title actually devalues the heat within the story, but that’s just me.

· Registered
115 Posts
Another instance of Tony Khan building up a hot act and cooling them off.

But I guess we can just blame The Young Bucks, right @LifeInCattleClass ?
Jim made a statement regarding rampage letting Dustin book the show. Do any of you think he'd do a good job? If not him do you think anyone else currently(no Cornette, Bischoff, Russo, Dutch) could do a better job?

As Punk stated before you've got some good minds back there that AEW can rely on. Arn, Dustin, Jim Ross etc...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,677 Posts
Jim made a statement regarding rampage letting Dustin book the show. Do any of you think he'd do a good job? If not him do you think anyone else currently(no Cornette, Bischoff, Russo, Dutch) could do a better job?

As Punk stated before you've got some good minds back there that AEW can rely on. Arn, Dustin, Jim Ross etc...

I say give him a chance at least. Wrestling has a problem with hiring the same handful of people do the same jobs whether they failed or not. Might as well let him try if Khan is going to put no effort into it.

· Registered
14,020 Posts

I wouldn’t mind Dustin booking. He likes his old school stuff, but he would, IMO at least, be willing to hear other ideas and help piece the ideas into coherent stories.

I want no part of Russo or Dutch. Cornette only as an on-air personality, because he takes things too personally and is far too narrow-minded about what wrestling can be.

Bischoff would be great in an advisory role, and I will never refrain from that. The guy knows television. He may not know wrestling as well as others and clearly lets personal relationships affect his decision-making, but the guy simply knows television. At the very least, let Bischoff consult each week’s segments to make sure you’re not running two angles so similarly as we so often see.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,133 ·

Brian Last is right. William Regal putting this all on Tony Khan at this time when he knew his mother was suffering was a shitty thing to do.
If you want to take the moral high ground, let's talk about how Tony Khan is trying to spin this into himself looking like a family first hero without realizing that he's drawing attention to the fact that he's not letting Andrade reunite with his wife.

· Registered
714 Posts
Anyone who says cornette is honest and doesn't look out for his favourites, just make them watch him do mental gymnastics to not accuse rock of obviously being on the roids. The guy will do better gymnastics routines to save his favourite than aew shills fo while defending their precious promotion.

"Yes ric flair murdering someone is obviously very bad thing to do but i bet you he didn't even realise he was committing murder. He was probably just poking the guy's tummy with the knife to entertain himself, thats how the boys were back in the day but he's not a bad person"

· Registered
14,020 Posts
Anyone who says cornette is honest and doesn't look out for his favourites, just make them watch him do mental gymnastics to not accuse rock of obviously being on the roids. The guy will do better gymnastics routines to save his favourite than aew shills fo while defending their precious promotion.

"Yes ric flair murdering someone is obviously very bad thing to do but i bet you he didn't even realise he was committing murder. He was probably just poking the guy's tummy with the knife to entertain himself, thats how the boys were back in the day but he's not a bad person"
Cornette is a cocksucker.

· Registered
37,516 Posts

I wonder if this is true?
I'd reckon a hell no and it's a Cornette stan making shit up because he knows Cornette would bite.

I mean really

"Hey Jim I was at the ROH show and workers were being super mean to me for having a Punk shirt on"

Sounds like a load of BS I can guarantee you the low tier workers could give 2 grunt level workers aren't worried about in fighting at the top.

· Premium Member
5,790 Posts
If you want to take the moral high ground, let's talk about how Tony Khan is trying to spin this into himself looking like a family first hero without realizing that he's drawing attention to the fact that he's not letting Andrade reunite with his wife.
Where have I said Tony Khan actions have not been hypocritical? Or even spoken about Tony Khan's decisions?

I said calling somebody when they're in hospital with there mum because you want something and you know they're most likely in a state of vulnerability to accept is a shitty thing to do. That's not taking the 'moral high ground'. That's noticing when a person is being shitty because they want something.

5121 - 5140 of 5255 Posts