Wrestling Forum banner
3441 - 3460 of 3496 Posts

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
You want him dead, don´t you? Running a promotion with his temper will kill him due to a heart attack or something similar.
far from it - i’ll actually buy the ppv

you lads blow so much smoke up his ass, i want to see what real wrestling genius looks like :D

and my hope would be that i love it

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
10,678 Posts
far from it - i’ll actually buy the ppv

you lads blow so much smoke up his ass, i want to see what real wrestling genius looks like :D

and my hope would be that i love it
We don´t agree with everything he says. -His take on Japanese female wrestlers for instance.. I can see why he´s not a fan of Riho, but Shida or Asuka?

Oh, and the PPV would be great, you´d love it ;)

·
You're Pretty Good
9,962 Posts
I get where jim is coming from on the finishing holds, but I gotta agree with danileson. If he wants them to act like it's real, then fights finish in a number of different ways. Danileson is among the realist feeling wrestlers they have
I like Jim but he's extremely hypocritical when it comes to when he wants realism and when he doesn't.

He says that he wants it to appear as a shoot fight but really he just wants things to look like they used to. Even when some of that stuff was itself pretty ridiculous. Yes it looks better than some of the nonsense now but he clearly has nostalgia guiding a lot of what he likes.

This is particularly apparent with women's wrestling which he views as something that should pretty much always be a sideshow to the men - the way things were in his day - even in era where women are regularly the feature or co-feature of UFC shows.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
36,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,448 ·
I like Jim but he's extremely hypocritical when it comes to when he wants realism and when he doesn't.

He says that he wants it to appear as a shoot fight but really he just wants things to look like they used to. Even when some of that stuff was itself pretty ridiculous. Yes it looks better than some of the nonsense now but

This is particularly apparent with women's wrestling which he views as something that should pretty much always be a sideshow to the men - the way things were in his day - even in era where women are regularly the feature or co-feature of UFC shows.
I don't think Jim is being a hypocrite here. He's just correcting Bryan on the existence of finishing moves in wrestling. He also acknowledged that every match shouldn't end with a guy's finishing move. Two things can be true.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jim running and booking a promotion again. That would be fantastic. Wrasslin is very much a lost art unfortunately. NWA tries but is a bit too retro and PC for my liking. MLW has great promise but needs a bigger budget. Offensive Pro Wrestling lol.

·
Registered
966 Posts

He says that he wants it to appear as a shoot fight but really he just wants things to look like they used to. Even when some of that stuff was itself pretty ridiculous. Yes it looks better than some of the nonsense now but

also, what looked realistic in 1982 might not look realistic now. the guys then weren't actively trying to fuck around it's just the people weren't conditioned to what real fights looked like as much.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts

Yeah, his excuse for why the Irish Whip should still be used given his stance on realism pretty much backs your opinion.

3441 - 3460 of 3496 Posts