Wrestling Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3229 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,202 ·
I dunno if I agree with Jim on hangman getting the title. I think Danielson can turn just as many heads weather he has the belt or not. What do you guys think?
I am strongly in favor of Bryan winning the title and in agreement with Jim about Hangman's horse leaving the barn. Kenny's reign has been incredibly underwhelming and Bryan as champion would inject much needed life into the main event scene.

·
Registered
Galaleroy
1,639 Posts
I am strongly in favor of Bryan winning the title and in agreement with Jim about Hangman's horse leaving the barn. Kenny's reign has been incredibly underwhelming and Bryan as champion would inject much needed life into the main event scene.

I can't say you're wrong. But a lot of this feels like what they said when the question was jericho vs hangman. Only now hangman is way more seasoned and just as over, if not more so. It's not like Danielson won't attract the same people with or without the title.

Danielson vs fucking Suzuki is happening...! That's a dream match I didn't even know I wanted. You can do all kinds of matches like that with him. That frees up the title for hangman to learn how to be the guy.

·
Premium Member
Safe Space Invader
14,179 Posts
A fresh, artisanal helping of the Drive Thru is available.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's always weird hearing Jim Cornette and Eric Bischoff slagging each other off. Neither really come across well when they downplay each other. On the two occasions they've met you can see they have similar takes on what a wrestling television show should be and get along absolutely fine.

·
Premium Member
13,183 Posts
It's going to be Adam. AEW loyals have been waiting for this for 2 years, just give it to them. Page is over enough, he can be the first transitional champion, have Bryan or Punk take it from him by Revolution.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,208 ·
It's going to be Adam. AEW loyals have been waiting for this for 2 years, just give it to them. Page is over enough, he can be the first transitional champion, have Bryan or Punk take it from him by Revolution.
Can we be honest about the reign quality discrepancy between Hangman and Bryan? You get your happy moment, and then what? Look at the potential feuds for both and tell me what Hangman feud is supposed to excite me. Why put him in a position to have a forgettable reign?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Can we be honest about the reign quality discrepancy between Hangman and Bryan? You get your happy moment, and then what? Look at the potential feuds for both and tell me what Hangman feud is supposed to excite me. Why put him in a position to have a forgettable reign?
A drunk Hangman vs Punk?

Duh?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Does anybody else find the new art styles less endearing? The new ones
That would require Punk to be a heel right now, duh.
lol, according to what?

Have Hangman win, ride high in the saddle for a couple months, start drinking too much, turn on his friends. Then have Punk try and help him out repeatedly, have Hangman reject the help, have Punk call him out, bury him on the mic because Hangman is too drunk. Hangman reacts violently, they brawl in a heated exchange on tv -- have Punk cross the line to the point the fans hate him, then at a PPV like DoN have Hangman get outsmarted in the ring and lose it all to a now heel Punk.

It's a TV show, duh?

Tell a story ffs.

·
Registered
864 Posts
And was also done with Jeff Hardy.

Who’s a better talent and alcoholic than page could ever hope to be
Eh, too much of the Jerry Springer reality tv vibe. Didn't help that you had Jeff actually being loaded and cutting awful promos in Waffle Houses in the middle of the night, while also drinking and driving and being busted for drugs and basically spiralling out of control irl.

Page is sober enough to tell the story without it being a real life tragedy.

·
Premium Member
13,183 Posts
Oh I do agree, but it’s just that, a happy moment, and then 3 months later Bryan kicks Page’s head off for the title.
But you gotta give the hardcore fanbase what they want after a 2-year wait, especially since Hangman is still as over as ever. We’re all about to see the fan-fiction of Page becoming the first wrestler to kick out of the OWA and then beat Kenny.
After that? Page loses, and starts climbing again, this time with stronger top guys than Omega.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Page winning the world title on his second televised attempt is their version of Sting winning it at the Great American Bash. Tease it again and do a heel turn, as Jim suggests, nd you risk a Lex Luger situation. By the time they pull the trigger the heat as gone.
If he fails this time, then the next result is too obvious. At least right now there is some doubt as to whether he goes over.

·
rasslin
8,584 Posts
Eh, too much of the Jerry Springer reality tv vibe. Didn't help that you had Jeff actually being loaded and cutting awful promos in Waffle Houses in the middle of the night, while also drinking and driving and being busted for drugs and basically spiralling out of control irl.

Page is sober enough to tell the story without it being a real life tragedy.
All of those things happened well after the story was complete and was one of the things that really got people interested in CM Punk for the first time.

Hangman is too sober for the role and acts like he’s never been drunk / seen an alcoholic in his life.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,220 ·
All of those things happened well after the story was complete and was one of the things that really got people interested in CM Punk for the first time.

Hangman is too sober for the role and acts like he’s never been drunk / seen an alcoholic in his life.
I remember being in college at the time as a big Jeff Hardy fan. I never watched any indies, so I didn't care about Punk at all. He ended up making me hate him as a fellow straight edge person. He's just not pulling off an angle like this as a happy to be here babyface.

3201 - 3220 of 3229 Posts