Wrestling Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2232 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I know this isn’t directly related to Jim Cornette, but if you can, listen to Renee Paquette’s Oral Session’s interview with Mark Henry.

When he explained what he’s in AEW to do, especially when teaching/dealing with the wrestlers, their social media interactions, drawing from wrestling history, backstage culture, repetition in matches, all I could think was ‘get someone to put this in Jim’s line of vision/earshot’

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
32,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,163 ·
I know this isn’t directly related to Jim Cornette, but if you can, listen to Renee Paquette’s Oral Session’s interview with Mark Henry.

When he explained what he’s in AEW to do, especially when teaching/dealing with the wrestlers, their social media interactions, drawing from wrestling history, backstage culture, repetition in matches, all I could think was ‘get someone to put this in Jim’s line of vision/earshot’
Now it is 😂. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The thing is, Henry's like the 8th veteran they've added to help backstage and nothing ever changes. It doesn't matter how many coaches you hire if none of the younger talent are willing to listen.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,940 Posts
The thing is, Henry's like the 8th veteran they've added to help backstage and nothing ever changes. It doesn't matter how many coaches you hire if none of the younger talent are willing to listen.
Not only do they not listen. Even jobbers like Brandon Cutler has the audacity to publicly mock the veterans when they give advice.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I wonder if they'll actually listen to Mark Henry. They've pretty much ignored all the advice given to them, probably why it looks like an indie show. Hope Henry shoots and inducts Cutler into the hall of pain for talking trash about a legend like JR.

I am curious if Cornette watches the full show and applies Bill Watts fines, to see how much they accumulate. See who is the biggest BW offender. Hope they follow through with it. My guess would be 1200 which would be 24 fines.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,940 Posts
I wonder if they'll actually listen to Mark Henry. They've pretty much ignored all the advice given to them, probably why it looks like an indie show. Hope Henry shoots and inducts Cutler into the hall of pain for talking trash about a legend like JR.

I am curious if Cornette watches the full show and applies Bill Watts fines, to see how much they accumulate. See who is the biggest BW offender. Hope they follow through with it. My guess would be 1200 which would be 24 fines.
Well, he did say he´d fine the entire roster ;)

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
32,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,174 ·
There’s so much knowledge in these 2 videos, it’s depressing to think what AEW could’ve been with Jim on board.
There's always the thought in the back of your head about them completely ignoring him like they do other knowledgeable veterans. He didn't want his name attached to any of that nonsense. He went through it in ROH and once was enough. People still blame him to this day for its collapse.

·
Registered
436 Posts
He went through it in ROH and once was enough. People still blame him to this day for its collapse.
Had no idea he was booking in ROH at the exact time I quit watching. What a coincidence that ROH was amazing until after FB 2011. Funny that he bashes some of the stuff AEW does now considering I'm reading he supported people like Davey Richards (who, in 2012 was far worse than The Bucks or Omega are now).

·
Registered
847 Posts
There's always the thought in the back of your head about them completely ignoring him like they do other knowledgeable veterans. He didn't want his name attached to any of that nonsense. He went through it in ROH and once was enough. People still blame him to this day for its collapse.
His knowledge on getting people ready for TV (I.e. OVW system), booking, selling, psychology, formatting a show, pacing feuds etc would’ve been invaluable to a start up company like AEW.

Unfortunately TK (an inexperienced booker), insulted him by telling him (an experienced booker) that nobody would book his TV but him.

Never mind, hopefully another billionaire with more sense will take another punt on wrestling.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ospreay vs. Ricochet is the reason the word Cringe was invented
just bad choreography Garbage
look at all these hits that only connects with the air
and you have to be legally blind to not see how both of them just waiting for the other to do the next move
calling this PRO Wrestling is like calling WAP a piece of art 🤮🤮

2161 - 2180 of 2232 Posts