Wrestling Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2232 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I'm looking through his YouTube now and, bar the rare exception, all of his videos on the WWE, past legends, the documentaries he's watching (Grizzly Smith, HBK) etc, are getting a lot more views than his AEW ones.

Funny because I thought he needed to talk about AEW to stay relevant?

·
Registered
483 Posts
What do we all make of Jim’s rebooking of the Red Velvet dive and prospective spin-off angle?

It’s good, but Brian Last pays it off quite hilariously by bringing it all back down to earth 🤣

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Cornette almost violated the NDA again
I do wonder about this myself, do we really think this is true, that WWE mismanages all this talent, or are some of them just overhyped by the fans which is why they never go anywhere? I feel that it's the latter, most of the time, cause from any of these "mismanaged underused" wrestlers who got released in the last few years, which of them has gone on to become a star? You could argue that Cody has managed it somewhat. But other than him? Rusev who people wanted pushed into the main event in WWE, has he turned into a star in AEW? FTR? Shawn Spears?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Cornette doesn't know what Microsoft Office is 😂. When I seen the thumbnail, I was hoping it was going to be about that assistant paperclip. "I couldn't send my emails and I had this motherfucking goofy looking paperclip with googly eyes shooting a promo on me and I was like fuck you"

I love his overreactions to the slightest things. The world is against him and he doesn't know why.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,940 Posts
I do wonder about this myself, do we really think this is true, that WWE mismanages all this talent, or are some of them just overhyped by the fans which is why they never go anywhere? I feel that it's the latter, most of the time, cause from any of these "mismanaged underused" wrestlers who got released in the last few years, which of them has gone on to become a star? You could argue that Cody has managed it somewhat. But other than him? Rusev who people wanted pushed into the main event in WWE, has he turned into a star in AEW? FTR? Shawn Spears?
A little bit of both. Some talent is misused because Vince has another pet project at the time, and could go farther than WWE allows them to. But if we´re being honest, Vince and the WWE talent scouts aren´t as stupid as people think.. They have a feel about who´s gonna be a top star and who isn´t.
A recent example is Cesaro. He´s a great in-ring talent, but that´s it. Nothing else about him screams top star, yet some people say he should be the one to beat Reigns. (well, I´d be okay with that, not a fan of Reigns at all)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
A little bit of both. Some talent is misused because Vince has another pet project at the time, and could go farther than WWE allows them to. But if we´re being honest, Vince and the WWE talent scouts aren´t as stupid as people think.. They have a feel about who´s gonna be a top star and who isn´t.
A recent example is Cesaro. He´s a great in-ring talent, but that´s it. Nothing else about him screams top star, yet some people say he should be the one to beat Reigns. (well, I´d be okay with that, not a fan of Reigns at all)
If he was the one to beat Reigns I'd cry. I just don't see Cesaro as a good wrestler at all, I find him to be pretty boring and very one dimensional in the ring. His promos have gotten better but he's still not great on the mic. I would like to see him be a heel and get a mouthpiece manager who can talk for him, then I could maybe see him do well

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,940 Posts
If he was the one to beat Reigns I'd cry. I just don't see Cesaro as a good wrestler at all, I find him to be pretty boring and very one dimensional in the ring. His promos have gotten better but he's still not great on the mic. I would like to see him be a heel and get a mouthpiece manager who can talk for him, then I could maybe see him do well
He´ll never be a good promo, but he´s an excellent tag team wrestler. That´s where he really shines if he has one who´s a little more. WWE should have made him partner up with someone, and stuck with it, and by now he would have been the 13 time world champion instead of the goofs throwing pancakes and blowing a stupid trombone.

2141 - 2160 of 2232 Posts