Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1165 Posts

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to popular demand, welcome to the Jim Cornette megathread! Here, we will share all of his AEW reviews and opinions and discuss them in detail. You can even share old videos if a topic suddenly becomes relevant again, or you just want to have a good laugh.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hate when the Experience does not come out until Saturday. Will listen later. On the Drive Thru this coming week he will be reviewing the Royal Rumble for those of you who think he is even close to liking WWE stuff.
I love how RAW has to do something incredibly stupid to get a video from him, and it's usually the Randy Orton & Alexa Bliss segments 😂

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, it’s not like there’s another promotion that mass produces shit he could rant about and interest more people with.
Lol, this always gets me. Cornette half asses his NXT review and straight up refuses to watch the main roster outside of PPVs or particularly idiotic segments sent to him on Twitter. If it was about money, he'd pretend to give a shit about WWE, but he puts so much passion into AEW because he sees the potential and hates how it's being wasted. NXT is so boring that he can't even rant about it, he just gives deadpan reviews because he feels obligated to do so for his listeners.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
He also ended up saying something that I said in the very early days (before he did, which I just clarify so people can’t say I “copied” him): This is an opportunity to give people outside the WWE a chance to work, and them fucking it up reduces the chances that any other billionaires will see wrestling as anything worth investing in.

AEW fans are just happy to have a product that winks and nudges at them, not really seeing the larger picture (in my opinion). Cornette has always had an industry-wide vision.

But you see that criticism of him — that he’s “using” them for attention. Like the guy didn’t have a successful podcast before, like he’s selling Cornette products to people looking to hear nice things about AEW, like it’s anywhere near the biggest lightning rod could throw up, and like they didn’t actually offer him a fucking job.

It’s really hard for some people to just accept that some people aren’t enamoured with the content put out by AEW.
This week's show is a prime example of Cornette not needing AEW. He's making so much money from his Cornette collectibles orders that he has to shut down that part of his website and take a one month break from shipping orders. That's without even mentioning that AEW offered him a job in the beginning that he turned down, and did it again as recently as 3 months ago because the s*** they put on their program is so embarrassing that he doesn't want his name attached to it for any amount of money. Whoever truly thinks he needs to flame them to pay his bills is just being willfully ignorant at this point.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
But if its going to devolve into an old school vs new school thing every week then its not worth having them
It's not even old school vs new school. It's people who hate that Cornette loudly criticizes AEW and gets lots of attention for it, and this only encourages them to keep trolling the threads with irrelevant arguments to get them shut down when they're clearly among the most popular in this section. Since that's the case, I won't be acknowledging them at all in these threads so they stay open for the thousands of lurkers who enjoy them.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Lots of praise from Cornette this week. He was high on Archer/Kingston (besides the finish and the heel/heel dynamic) and Jungle Boy/Dax.

Lol, the way Cornette described the main event is hilarious. Are The Young Bucks really already working with Gallows & Anderson? Wow.
Yeah, Cornette has always been a fan of Jungle Boy and said he has star potential, but it took me personally to see him separated from the dinosaur and the dwarf to get the same vibe. Those guys really bring him down presentation wise. It's visually the difference between jobber for life and midcard star.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Jungle Boy has been really good almost every time I’ve seen him. Jungle Boy vs. MJF is one of my favourite AEW matches. I might have to add JB vs. Dax to that list, but I haven’t gotten around to watching it yet.
You need to watch that ASAP, especially if you were already a fan of Jungle Boy.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Because I don't doesn't mean I can't. I don't listen to him because I realized he's negative to get views. Guy's made a living as a heel & this is just extension of that.

Cornette said "all in" could only sell out with local TV. He is also opposed to Orange Cassidy in any shape or form. Reality countered his argument in those instances
@Firefromthegods can you remove people like this who blatantly admit they don't listen and just come to derail the thread? It's definitely not the Cornette fans starting the drama.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Jericho tellling Cornette that if he´d shut up, they´d pay him is quite telling..

What is that NDA thing Cornette is talking about? I´ve heard it referenced a few times now
Before AEW started, they invited Cornette to become a consultant/agent, similarly to his job in TNA, but he declined because he didn't want to deal with the travel and he didn't want a work from home gig because he felt like they wouldn't really use his advice, and he wouldn't like people knowing that he's partially responsible for creative if they end up putting bullshit on TV. He feels like he dodged a bullet every time he turns on the program.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Yeah, I got that from the podcast.. He was told who was gonna run AEW, and he didn´t want to be a part of that. But what details did they tell him that´s so secret they felt they needed to have him sign a nda?
If we knew the answer, Cornette would be sued for a lot of money 🙂

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
THANK YOU SWEET GOD!!!!

Now we dont have to have separate threads for every cloud cornette shouts at!!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
And it's stickied so you have to see it at the top of your page every time you come to this section! 😀

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
And there's the echo-chamber you all have wanted... except that it was meant for the fans and not the haters. ;)
Except none of us ever wanted an echo chamber. We're always willing to debate Cornette's opinions, even with each other. The problem is people like you attack Cornette with ad hominem bullshit without even addressing the topic at hand. Nobody cares to read that low tier trolling. I'm scrolling past it every time.

1 - 20 of 1165 Posts