Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

· Registered
3,987 Posts
And he’s getting more and more popular. If there weren’t an audience for his criticisms, then how does that keep happening?
It's funny how people act like he's irrelevant. Even the goofs over at AEW acknowledge him. He's AEW's biggest, and only, heel, and he's not even employed there. In fact, he rejected the chance to join them!

· Registered
3,987 Posts
The irrelevant thing is so weird. I guess it’s because you can’t dismiss Corny’s arguments without trying to dismiss him. He’s old, out of touch, a carny, hates AEW so he’s biased, irrelevant, he doesn’t really believe it, etc. They’re buzz phrases designed to attack the person and not the argument.

I guess the irrelevant thing is because he hasn’t sucked up to get a WWE job? I mean, the guy’s been working in wrestling pretty consistently for almost 40 years now. Even over the past decade there was the podcast, beloved by many, the NWA, MLW, GFW and ROH, which he saved by negotiating the sale to Sinclair. He’s even appeared in some WWE productions and is integral in Dark Side of the Ring.

And it’s clear AEW talent obsess over him. Chris Jericho, The Bucks and Joey Janela especially. Tony Khan has made an on-air reference. The criticisms obviously sting, and that’s because they carry the weight of an expert who can articulate themselves without mincing words and usually in a better promo than anyone else can cut.

I’d say Corny is EXTREMELY relevant if you are trying to get a lay of the land when it comes to understanding commentary about wrestling. He’s probably the most well-known wrestling critic right now?
I agree with all of that.

It's funny that you bring up how long he's been in the business. People act like he's a failure but I bet most would kill to have the career he's had. Nearly 40 years, working all around the world, making consistently good money. And now, thanks to that career, he can do whatever he wants. He doesn't need to degrade himself on tv for a paycheck like so many other legends of the business.

I can't think of another critic who not only gets as much as attention as he does from fans an wrestling talent alike, but I can't think of anyone else to be constantly referenced on a show. Even Matt Hardy had to get a "dig" in with the Hurricane.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
Cornette is actually complimentary to a lot of AEWs stuff. It's just that the buffoonery far outweighs the positives and thus drowns them out. Probably why people think he just craps on everything when they only hear about specific segments instead of the whole review.

Sir how can you be a Cornette fan and not remember the great camp Cornette stable. If he is to be revered he must be revered by his greatest wrestling accomplishment
Touché, my good sir!

· Registered
3,987 Posts
When I walk to get my mail out of the mailbox and a dog has left a pile of crap on the neighbor's lawn and i glance at it as I walk by it doesn't effect me........I'll do the same here just pinch my nose to avoid the stank and keep it moving.

No worries👍😉
Yet here you are; posting in a Jim Cornette thread. Again and again.

You usually make terrible posts so try sticking to your word instead of infecting the best thread on this forum. Thanks, chump.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
@.christopher. @$Dolladrew$ not that I don't love you two impersonating the when Harry met Sally love story that is vince Russo and Jim Cornette but how about we simmer down just a tad?
I'm loving this thread, mate. Just calling out an attention seeker who joined this thread just to say he wasn't interested in this thread.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
How many podcasts does he do a month or YouTube clips?? That's not individual followers & comes right down once you start dividing by item. You're fooling nobody.

This whole thing is getting way too much prominence here. A folder in "other wrestling" would be more suitable.

Posting here is becoming less worthwhile
Please don't get my hopes up with your last line. As Corny would say, you're tickling my taint here in the hope you'd go away for good.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
I know you are serious. But responding back to him in a snarky manner is going to get snark back. Just ignore him or report it
I don't report anyone because, really, no one deserves to be banned. However, if you're gonna come into this thread to troll, I'm going to let them know what I think of them.

They'll be back, too, because they won't be able to help themselves knowing that a thread about this "monster" actually gets a lot of attention despite said "monster" being "irrelevant" .

· Registered
3,987 Posts
And derailers will be dealt with. But I don't want the WF version of Russo and Cornette in here.
Amazingly, AEW is the one thing Russo and Cornette feel the same way about. When it comes to wrestling, anyway.

Credit to AEW there. They've been so bad that those two - both on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to wrestling - think the same way about them!

· Registered
3,987 Posts
I think it’s because they don’t make sense (which pisses off Cornette), yet they also aren’t edgy like Russo’s vision of sports entertainment. They’re “safe SEX.”
Haha. Excellent!
I don't care what they think as long as you knuckleheads aren't fighting over their opinions
I'll fight anyone coming into @BOSS of Bel-Air 's awesome thread to troll.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
Fair enough.

But anyone who comes in to this thread to derail gets both a verbal warning and a strike. If they do not listen its a week. If you retaliate without using the report button or tagging me so I see it you will also get a verbal warning and a strike. Any further retaliation after I've said stop will also get a week

My rules are clear. If it relates to AEW it is up for discussion. Period. If you don't wish to participate then don't participate. But if you use this thread to further your own agenda of yay aew or boo aew you will be punished
My fate is sealed. A ban is just around the corner.

· Registered
3,987 Posts
It had Kenny in it. If he praises Kenny he loses a large amount of supporters
Nah, he doesn't give a shit.

People used to argue that he'd never praise AEW because of that follower argument. Guess what? He praises them when he thinks they deserve it regardless of who likes it.

Same goes for Kenny. He doesn't criticise him because he wants people to listen. People listen anyway; long before his beef with Omega. He criticises him because he's the personification of what's wrong with wrestling today.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts