Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 658 Posts

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Does anybody in this thread know the total number of people who listen to his podcast?
Not sure if it is public knowledge since you would have to add up all the numbers from all the podcast platforms and not all those are published, plus the YouTube clips. But he usually seems to chart pretty well on the Sports podcasts lists along with Steve Austin and Bruce Prichard.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
its frustrating esp. when u are teaching and run into another wrestling fan but cannot reccommend his videos to learn wrestling history because they are riddled with F bombs lmao
We really need to get over our fear of noises we can make with our mouth in the US heh. Marko Stunt in the ring is more damaging than any word someone could say.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Not tomorrow or anytime soon, but maybe in about 2 years or so, do you think it is possible that Jim Cornette may make an appearance or appearances in AEW?

The difference is Cornette generally got along with Paul Heyman and liked him even if he did not like a lot of what ECW was.

Now, imagine the heat if we had real crowds and Cornette was the one who helped Kenny win the title. That would be real heat. They could also let Cornette manage a dominant, giant heel who the manbun neckbeard types hate (you know, a badass who does not do nonstop flips). They would print money. But Cornette hates traveling and makes enough money selling products on his website and from his podcasts. He could have easily been paid six figures just being a "consultant" working from home and taking some phone calls like Jericho implied. Cornette should at least have people's respect for not selling out what he believes in, even if people disagree with his views.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
If you don’t see the issue with someone with like 3 million listeners punching down on pretty much nobodies regardless of what they believe in I don’t know what to tell you
If you really believe Super Christians are a group that is being punched down upon, I do not know what to say to you. The Bucks have more viewers per week by default since they are on a national network. We can at least agree the Bucks are nobodies at the end of the day, but to think they currently have less power overall than a guy recording an independent podcast from his private home is just silly.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Looking at his YouTube channel and the volume of his subscriptions, I find this hard to believe. Did you post a link?

I said "up to" not "average". In fact you verified this in your response! :ROFLMAO:

LOL. That's three people accusing me of misinformation in 40 minutes (even though they are perfectly able to check for themselves) because they can't handle the fact that Cornette is just a standard ordinary wrestling talking head with a very low social media presence. In fact the video he recently did about Jericho & MJF v Varsity Blondes is just a poor second hand view of other wrestling channels prior analysis, but he gets his own thread in the AEW section. WOW.
They are accusing you of supplying misinformation, because you are. Man, Cornette really does live in so many people's heads. Pretty impressive for someone who has "not been relevant since 1987" and "has a very low social media presence." Everyone can have their opinions but we need to stop the outright lying on here.

Saying "up to" is such a silly thing to say. Anyone can play this game. RAW had "up to" an 8.4 rating. Dynamite had "up to" 1.4 million people watching. But that does not really tell the whole story, does it? Cornette getting over three million listeners a month is standard now? Most people who listen to him are not listening on YouTube since the full episodes are never posted there. You have to add up all the podcast platform numbers, and while not all are public knowledge, they obviously know how many they get. Both his shows generally trend fairly well on the list of sports podcasts. Not wrestling podcasts, but sports in general. The only other wrestling podcasts that generally do similar numbers long term or better than him are Steve Austin, Bruce Prichard, and Jim Ross (AEW Unrestricted has been doing well too but is still new). He has not been on television much over the past couple decades, but does better numbers than AEW's top star Jericho who has been consistently on TV since the mid 90's. But nah, he is just "standard" and has a "low social media presence." OK, dude.

He gets threads in the AEW section because he is their biggest heel. You can tell from things said and done on the show that a lot of people there listen to every word he says. You know Jericho listens every week. He lives in all their heads. A lot of them want to prove him wrong so they double down on the stupid things they do and then wonder why the ratings take a dive when they do them. It is almost like experts who have 40 years of experience know more than a bunch of first time bookers. Imagine that.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Like I ALSO said, I don´t count the Brodie tribute among the normal BTE videos. count that one out, and you hit an average of 230K. It has nothing to do with Cornette being a wrestling analytic or whatever you want to call him. It´s about preventing misinformation.. Not one of the BTE videos this last year with the exception of the tribute show got more than 400K
The numbers for his podcast on YOUTUBE ONLY is what you said, but you forgot to mention that it was ONLY youtube numbers. I have no idea where to find the numbers for his podcast, but since it is a podcast, it´s meant to be downloaded or listened to, youtube isn´t the primary source for podcasts, so i´m guessing the number of listeners is quite a bit bigger than the 40K you mention.
If you want to present numbers as "facts", then be careful how you word those "facts"

And how does Cornettes video about Jericho/MJF vs Varsity Blondes have anything to do with what you and I are discussing? that´s just a red herring from your side because your back is against the wall.
As I just said too, it is very important to mention the full episodes are not posted to YouTube because YouTube will demonetize videos that have political opinions or other opinions that make SJWs fill their diapers.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Again, I posted the number of YouTube subscribers he has, go look for yourself. This is not misinformation.
As already pointed out, you are purposely misrepresenting the whole story. YouTube is not the primary method of consumption for either of his podcasts. It would be like saying "Smackdown had less than 40,000 people watch it in the UK! That is a real number, not misinformation! Go look for yourself!" It is such a silly argument. YouTube is one of many places you can find PART of his content. AGAIN as I already pointed out, the complete episodes ARE NOT on YouTube. How hard is this?

No he doesn't. Its because the unemployed has-been has a thread in the AEW section for some idiotic reason. Right up there at the top every time you come in!

If you think I am posting misinformation then post some real evidence to correct me. Not just some angry fan boy opinion.
Hey look, personal attacks! @Firefromthegods you know I never report this stuff, but these guys really need to knock off the ad hominems. There have been way too many free passes for the "defend AEW by any means" types on here lately.

The evidence has been posted. Pointing to a medium that does not even contain the full content produced as some kind of metric IS misinformation.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Then they keep said thread as the most active in the section, proving why it should exist. You can't make this up.
The massive irony of all this is completely lost on them too.

"Cornette is irrelevant and unemployed!" (Since when does owning your own business make you unemployed?)
"No one listens to him" (repeatedly shown to be hilariously false)
"No one cares about his opinions! He wants 20 minute rest holds!" (Proving they have never watched an angle Cornette was involved in)
"No one should spend any time thinking about him!" (But continue to post paragraphs of nonsense in every thread created about him of course)

RENT. FREE.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
In his video on Darby and Sting segment Jim used Darby's size to downplay his main event potential. He's probably the only person on the planet who thinks Allin being "a foot shorter and 70 lbs lighter" than Sting is relevant.

He could beat Lesnar and nobody who isn't a size mark would bat an eye.
Obviously biology and physics are relevant. Most of us like Darby, but he should not beat someone like Brock.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Darby looks just as intimidating, due to facepaint and a mean look on his face.

He's also built like an athlete, has muscle definition abs etc. He also is faster and more agile than Eddie, so that adds even more to his believability
Like I said, most of us like Darby. There is plenty of room for a few underdog smaller guys like him and Jungle Boy. Darby throws his entire body into moves making him believable. The problem is there are way too many other tiny dudes who look about as dangerous as your average audience member dressed up as Scooby-Doo.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
Smaller guys are more relatable to viewers, therefore more engaging to fans. Dangerous looking big guys aren't what draws in modern times, as proven by the success od AEW, NXT and indy wrestling in generał.
That is just hilariously wrong. No one wants to see average or below average people. Do you see pick up games of football being broadcast to millions of people? The whole point of athletics is for larger than life personalities. The lack of that is one of the reasons wrestling is at a low point now.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
I was wondering, because it sounds like he knows a lot of wrestling history, so I would have thought he had worked in the business.. But maybe he´s just extremely good at preparing?
John Arezzi worked in music. From my understanding Brian Last was involved in sales & invested his money to point he could retire at 40.
Appeared on Bixenspan's between the sheets podcast as guest before the two started 605.
Cornette asked him to be co-host.
He has connection to nwa new jersey Indy promotion in late 90's. That company resembled more today's indies than smw
Yeah I knew he had met Cornette and a few of the others in the business a long time ago, but really did not know details other than he had a background in the music industry.

· Premium Member
19,895 Posts
These "corny awards" are so cringe and unfunny. He loves to make fun of Omega, Bucks, Janela, yet those guys are better athletes than his favorite guys nobody remembers from territory days.
Saying Jelly is even a mediocre athlete gives your troll game away. The Bucks would not last 90 seconds in a real fight.

1 - 20 of 658 Posts