Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
I suggest the people who won´t even comment on what he says simply stay out of threads about his podcasts. You don´t have to agree with him, you can even call him a fool, as long as you comment on what he said.
Shouldn't this also apply to those who don't watch watch AEW every week, yet continue on, post after post about how shitty it was?! The "I only need to read about it to know that it sucked" or "I only watch highlights on YouTube, where I can skip the shit and watch the good stuff". I have never agreed with his views on practically everything he says, when/if I did catch a clip, or snippet of an interview. You have no argument from me here about Cornette being a great historian of wrestling and a heel-magnet a very long time ago, however, his opinions, in my opinion, don't mean shit today. How do I know that? Both fans and non-fans repeat verbatim what he says and that is plenty enough for me. The guy is a clown. Then, now and forever.

On the other hand, there is this...

I still cannot comprehend why some users believe you can critique a 2-hour program you already hate and either, not watch it and shit on it, or watch the "shit" and still shit on it. Some of you are asking the exact same thing of them, just as you're asking others to do in return for you. It's a two-way street, but some of you only want to go one-way.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
It’s just an agreement that stipulates that Cornette can’t divulge AEW’s business strategies. He’s gotten dangerously close when he revealed that Tony Khan was planning to re-sign Goldberg and give him another streak. But that’s probably in the clear because it didn’t happen and Goldberg signed with the WWE.
Ha ha, look at the mistake Woody made!!! OMG-WTF-ITS Tony Khan couldn't re-sign Goldberg... :ROFLMAO:

"citation needed, citation needed" Quick, someone call in the Bobbies!!!

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
Except none of us ever wanted an echo chamber. We're always willing to debate Cornette's opinions, even with each other. The problem is people like you attack Cornette with ad hominem bullshit without even addressing the topic at hand. Nobody cares to read that low tier trolling. I'm scrolling past it every time.
BOSS, as far as I'm concerned, ANYTHING Cornette has to say is a low-tier troll.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
You´ve been saying for months now "Don´t like, don´t watch." It´s only fair that some are beginning to say the same to you.

People comment on what they read in the thread, if they don´t like it they say so.
You don´t like Cornette or his opinions? Fine, you´re entitled to your opinions -As I´ve said numerous times, I don´t always agree with him either.

But then what are you doing in a thread dedicated to him, other than actively try to derail it.?
Do some of you not read anything that you post, or is it just a nervous twitch that makes people type out the same things, others do, but being guilty of the same things yourselves?!? For saying exactly what I said... (y)

I don't like it and I don't watch it, you're absolutely right. You know what I also don't like? Basketball, cats, pineapple, cauliflower, olives, Coke Zero Sugar, long-sleeve shirts, boots, loud noisy cars, loud noisy cars where you can hear them long before you can see them, Seth Rogan, baseball, "beef" hot dogs, vanilla ice-cream, people who pretend to be anything other than themselves, WWE, people sneezing near me, not being able to finish on her... hey look at that, I've run out of space...

Anyway, my point was that maybe some of the people on that side of the room, take that little tidbit of knowledge from this side of the room and practice what you all preach.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
Can we start by not listening to you? Still nothing of substance. At least this time you’ve dressed it up with some historical (albeit incorrect) references to make it sound like wisdom. It’s not. It’s hogwash.

Tastes don’t change as much as you assert they do. That’s marketing talk to try and sell you something you don’t need and don’t want. Presenting old school logic with new wave talents is the Cornette philosophy, and judging by what gets a good reaction re: AEW (Jungle Boy vs. Dax this week), that tickles people just fine.
How about people stop listening to you?! Sound good Woody? Again, the hypocrisy is strong with this one. You don't "report" users, but you sure like to bring attention to others, when they say a naughty word or two. Look what you replied to Pippen with, "Can we start by not listening to you? Still nothing of substance. At least this time you’ve dressed it up with some historical (albeit incorrect) references to make it sound like wisdom. It’s not. It’s hogwash." and then you cry-wolf for feeling threatened/belittled/embarrassed/wrong, when those same people shove it right back in your face! I swear, it must be an Aussie thing because the only thing I ever see you do, is you taking offence to any "false" opinion that is not yours and then try to "debunk" their opinions with your own. What goes on in upside-down land? Is that it? Perhaps your equilibrium is off?

Orange Cassidy is not a star. Not even within the bubble of his own universe. He’s no better off than when he first showed up.

The Bucks didn’t build AEW, ffs. Vince McMahon’s rights fees encouraged a billionaire to snap up Chris Jericho and the most prominent free agents on independent wrestling to internet fans. That created AEW. The Bucks are interchangeable.
So, AEW is Vince's fault then? That's good to know. Get over yourself, Js.Ct. Tony talked about starting up a new promotion with Cody, The Bucks, ROH and others, over the All In PPV weekend in 2018. Nothing serious, just enough to gauge if it could actually work. After 10,000+ fans showed they wanted something other than WWE, AEW was put into motion and announced their promotion, AEW, January 1st 2019. For you to allege that the only reason AEW was formed was because of lucrative TV deals with WWE is purely asinine. Because WWE got two TV deals, that automatically meant that TV Executives were just handing them out like candy at Halloween?

The Khan family had EVERYTHING to lose, when they decided to take that chance on a start-up wrestling company. However, that gamble paid off and thus far, have done very well for a non-WWE wrestling promotion. Jericho and later Moxley, were big pieces in building the foundation of AEW, from the ground up. By the way, both guys had their contract expire and were free to go anywhere they chose. I would say, that that, is just coincidental circumstance of how they both made their way to AEW, rather than the conspiracy led thought.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
I'm just picking the first video on your list... the Sting/Darby promo. You want someone to counter-point this piece of shit?! Let's go then, but before I do that, you cannot reply to me with any opinion whatsoever. Why? Well because if he's always right, as his fans always tell the rest of us, then you should have nothing else to comment on, correct? He's already said his "truth" and you've all agreed that he's right so...? Deal?

As usual, the one thing that stood out, again is, "well back in 1990 I was on the booking committee..." and "I remember back in 1999, 2000..." He just cannot let go of the past. It's impossible. Stop comparing the 2020's wrestling to the 1990's wrestling. His "Yes-man" sidekick, although subdued, is just as "old-school" as Cornette is and pretty much agrees with everything he says, so there's no dichotomy between the two opinions, even though it's weakly attempted. The show, as is, is just two disgruntled old guys who love old-school wrestling, but shit on present day wrestling. Why? Not because it's good or bad. It's because it's not what they want, not that they're right. There is no other conclusion to make otherwise.

He may have been right about Sting having only a few outburst moments in a promo, but Cornette totally ignored when he was The Crow character, where he didn't say a thing for about a year. That silence spoke more than any words could have. His Joker character in TNA was "different" (maybe even goofy, but for him, it worked), something else he didn't mention. Seeing as Sting is still The Crow character now in AEW, it would only make sense that he talks very little. Whenever Sting addressed Ric Flair, or the fans of WCW, his words were personal and heart-felt.

As for Darby? Well, there really isn't a lot of history of his work to use as an opinion, so we have to take him as we see him. Yes, he's crazy, risky and sometimes reckless inside and outside of the ring, so he really doesn't need to talk. Would his fans rather see him talking, or fighting in the ring? I think the answer is obvious. Could he be a little more "angry" in his promos, maybe, but then it would seem forced and not believable. He's a small guy with a small voice. I don't know what else Cornette thinks he's going to get out of him in that regard.

Now, the abandoned building/warehouse in which the promo was filmed. The candles lit up around the set, doesn't scream "real" to me either, so the same can be said about Cornette wanting tin cans or glass bottles on shelves to break. Would an abandoned building/warehouse really have those things still standing? No, probably not. The small glass windows Cornette claims are easy to break when he needed them too, those specific windows are called wire glass. That type of glass is made to not break, used as a stronger "barrier" against a direct impact hit and firewall of sorts. Safety glass would probably be the best explanation. You'll find them in schools, apartment stairwells, jails, retail businesses and yes, abandoned buildings/warehouses. The window Darby threw his skateboard at, was already broken enough, so that when he threw it, it did go through, albeit awkwardly. Sting hitting it with the bat just shows you how resistant that type of glass is, not because he couldn't break it, which he ultimately did.

There you have it. And now... SILENCE!!! :censored: :sleep:

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
I feel this myself. I seriously wonder how many times people can see the same flips and think “COOL!”. Surely it must become white noise to people?

This is a discussion forum. People are allowed to discuss.

There’s nothing wrong with mentioning the past of a 61 year old performer. Especially when they are trying to do the same gimmick they did in the 90’s. How are you supposed to talk about it? Treat him like he’s a new youngster on the block?

Cornette has specifically said several times that the time Sting was the most over was when he didn’t say anything for a year. So you agree with Corny on that point. Cool.

Don’t know what you’re going on about re: the glass. It looked shit on video, that’s the point. Again, you seem to agree with Cornette here.

So basically you agree with Cornette except you don’t like that he actually draws on his experience or the history of the wrestler when talking about them. Neato.
Seriously Woody, are you for real or just some kind of programmed spam-bot?! I swear. Hell, I don't know what to think your agenda is anymore. You've been schizophrenic for a few weeks now, which I think, may be due to your lack of "spanners" around here. You definitely have a NPD. I have zero doubts.

Can we call every Brock Lesnar match a replay of a replay too, or can we only talk negative about a match if it's AEW? I just want to know what the rules are. You could essentially say this about every match, with any wrestler. Such a petty comment, but I'm not surprised.

Go ahead, talk all you want. You always do and besides, NOTHING will ever stop you, other than a short ban.

Of course he has to mention Sting's background, but did you actually listen to the audio, or was it the same way you don't watch AEW? Only his "back in my day" comments, were about others "back in the day" cutting promos. I said that. He did make direct comments of Sting's style, but Cornette was comparing them, again, to something from his own past.

If Cornette has talked about Sting's WCW Crow character in some of his older podcasts, I wouldn't know that. I don't listen to him. Have I heard a few soundbites? Yes, of course, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't. However, on this occasion, in this audio, he made no mention of it.

Well, the "glass not breaking" and breaking other crap was about half of this audio clip, so it would only make sense (I guess only to me then) that I would tell you why. Then almost as scripted, you're telling me that's the whole point. Immediately to the negative as always, huh? Whether you agree or disagree with a negative opinion, you're always going to point out the negativity regardless, just because it's AEW.

I already pointed out when I agreed with him, but I also pointed out when I didn't agree with him. Did you not read that? You like to use euphemisms/buzzwords all the time, so here's one of your own... you're rejecting my opinions, while projecting your opinions.

As I said in an earlier post somewhere, "maybe we should stop listening to you". Seems appropriate. All you ever do is argue, deny, discredit and belittle any and all opinions, other than your own and those that agree with you. The only positive comments you make, are made outside of the AEW board. Why is that? Oh, I know... you hate the very existence of AEW as much, or more, than Cornette himself does.

The old-age questions still remain a mystery. Why do you watch AEW? Why are you constantly bitching about everything in AEW? Is this really the "last time" you're going to stop watching AEW? :sleep:

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
@Garty is All Elite whatever disorders he may or may not have is no one's concern but his own. Let's not web md each other please
Oh, I'm not basing anything via WebMD. It's my own personal experiences and a few years of education, that I've used to conclude my overall "diagnosis" (not only today, but many months ago).

Out of respect for your authority and rule, I will tone things down.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
I listened to this then I scroll through this forum and see people like @Garty is All Elite tagging mods to shut down threads that criticise AEW every 5 minutes (and weirdly getting his wish everytime) and I just have to fucking lol.
Again, to set the record straight about my "whining and bitching" posts, the multiple daily, "AEW sucks because..." threads are not only bait, but have also been questioned and answered ad-nauseum. Every forum, not just AEW, does not need a thread like this two or three times a day. I haven't watched WWE in years and I stopped watching NXT about 7 months ago. Would it be okay if I went into every WWE forum, shitting on a product I don't watch, telling those fans of their product, that their opinions are wrong, "because WWE sucks"? The answer is obvious, no it wouldn't. I also don't like raisin-bread, screaming kids, the middle-seat on an airplane, or reality-shows, just to name a few. Should I be allowed to express my disgust with those parties as I see fit and also, should they have to listen to me complaining about it two or three times a day?

How many different ways can you spin the same topic and opinion?! Does anyone really need to read the same opinion five times a day? This is all tit-for-tat, but it's becoming such old-hat now. You've got "new users" ;) ;) signing-up seemingly daily and where do they all flock to? Here's a hint... it's not the #1 Sports and Entertainment company in the world. Which of course by that logic, is where you'd think most people congregate and not waste their time shitting on an indie-fed like AEW, but I digress...

Yes, I do ask that certain threads be closed. You have that same privilege. Why? Again, read the first paragraph. If you think there's some type of conspiracy here at work, I can only :LOL: Maybe take a second to think about it this way... I can't be wrong if those threads are getting closed then, can I?

Go ahead now, type away. Nothing I say matters anyway, right?

P.S. I'm not allowed to post in this thread, but you tagged me...

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
No buddy, you constantly whine and run to mods for threads that are harmless. Its literally because you dont like seeing criticism.

No, I bring attention to threads that are oft-repeated day in and day out.

Most of these threads the poster isnt baiting anyone but inviting discussion yet youre constantly looking to get people banned.
@Firefromthegods maybe you can help this guy out with the number of people I've asked to be banned or have banned because you know, I got stroke around here. ;)

It just reeks of the type of snivelling fan Cornette is talking about.
No sir, I'm proud that I don't parrot his opinions as my own opinions. I guess I'm not cool enough to understand why he's so spot-on and funny. I'd never take any advice from Jim, based solely on what the old fuck (who was fired from every job he's had) says in 2021, yet keeps talking like it's 1984. His shit didn't work then and it's sure as hell not going to work today. The guy is his own Albatross.

You cant justify it. You and a few others are trying to create an environment where people get punished for bringing up valid criticisms, you want an echo chamber.
You don't see the other side of that same "argument?" If all of us whiners left this board you guys would be giggling like a Japanese schoolgirl first, only to realize that you've got nobody to respond to you when all the haters are saying the same things. You want that type of echo-chamber for yourself? Go ahead, take it.

Funny thing is in most of these threads you start running to mods about, theres already decent discussion going. You just dont wanna see it.
This board has one full-time Mod and one part-time Mod, so not everything will be seen or dealt with the second it's posted, but eventually, someone is going to see it. I'll use a Wood-ism... "it depends on what you already think is decent because we all don't like the same things..." I don't want to see ten threads of the same "AEW sucks" each and every day. I always wonder why that is. Is it like you just woke up one day and thought, hey AEW is so much better today than it was yesterday? No, you'll still have the same "opinion" you had 2 years ago, that same "opinion" you have today and the same "opinion" you'll have 2 years from now.

Why should you have so much control over what people are allowed to discuss?
Again, I will ask @Firefromthegods to answer this question for you.

Can you not scroll past if you dont agree with a thread? Is it that hard? Does
the criticism upset you that much you have to prevent others having a discussion?
I can ignore it, I can block it, I can read it and I can reply to it... all the same things you're able to do here too. Do me a favor... put any five random users on block, go into a busy thread and start reading. Notice anything? Kind of like it doesn't make any sense? The users you've blocked are essentially talking to themselves and the more you read, the more confused you become as to what is even being talked about.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm barred from being in this thread. Talk again if you must, but I will not respond.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
I'll start by requesting that you don't ban Garty, as he was summoned here.
Why thank you BOSS... although it may not help me from being banned anyway. :LOL:

Now, to answer your post. Your argument implied that EVERYONE who complains doesn't watch the show, and that premise is incorrect. I watch all 2 hours of Dynamite every week unless there's something I have no investment in whatsoever, in which case I don't give it much energy. However, if they do something egregiously stupid with angles and wrestlers that could be great if presented otherwise, I'm going off. I get mad at AEW because it could be so much better than it is if the people in charge knew what the fuck they were doing. The lack of cohesion is infuriating and it's justified for anyone to be outraged by the sporadic, nonsensical booking.
I've never argued that all haters don't watch the show. What I've said all along, is that if you don't watch it, you should not have a voice in the discussion. I know nothing of The Rock's TV show, so does that mean I can/should go to the WWE board and shit all over something I haven't seen or care about? That's the mentality at play here... "I don't need to watch it, to know it sucks". Why does it anger you so much, that a talent, or angle, didn't go your way? Other than time, what other investment do you have in the company? Most users here would love to see AEW fail, but here we are two years later and AEW is still going. So, when is enough, enough for you? Can you dislike something? Can you hate something? Of course, but everything you (or anyone) doesn't agree with, also doesn't need to have three different user threads, all screaming the same thing.

You never acknowledge the criticisms, you try to mute the criticisms by saying "if you don't like it, just leave." That's not how forums work. Forums are built for discussion. The AEW fanboy hive mind on this site (and others) doesn't want anyone to share their negative opinion of anything under any circumstances, and that's utterly ridiculous. There's a defense for every stupid thing that happens on this show, even when the wrestlers and executives themselves admit they fucked up. You guys would excuse Tony Khan pulling his pants down and taking a shit in the ring 'because he couldn't make it to the bathroom in time.'
I don't talk about the bad, you're right. I can look beyond the bad and form my own opinion of what I liked and what I disliked. In other words, if I'm not commenting on a certain subject, doesn't that mean I have nothing to say? I don't feel the need to rush here and tell everyone about it. If you're already going into the show with that bias, then of course you're not going to like 90% of the show. AEW's shows are booked long-term and that's been obvious since day one.

I don't care if you love AEW, that's fine, but at least make an attempt to counter the argument instead of deflecting with Jim Cornette (fan) ad hominem or assuming everyone who criticizes the show is a WWE fanboy that doesn't even watch it.
I appreciate AEW and what Tony Khan has done in only two years. At least give him that amount of credit. Yes, I completely despise, loath and hate Jim with a passion, but unlike him, I can move on. I will not listen to him, or give him the clicks he needs to continue to make a living. Once I've given my opinion on a subject, there's nothing else to discuss. My opinion is just that, my opinion. I don't state them as "facts" as some do. We can disagree, go back and forth, or argue over something until we're blue in the face, but in the end, what had we accomplished? Nothing and now we're both back at square-one. What then and when is enough, enough?

I'm out of here though BOSS. I'm not pushing my luck any further.

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
@JayBull I have two favorite letters of the alphabet... F and O. I'm not anyone, other than this account. Same goes with @Prosper. Now, could you stop talking about me? I'm sure Prosper would appreciate that as well? (y)

I'm not sure what you're seeing though, I think anyone can tell that it's just a dummy account, who obviously has a past link to us "fanboys". As a matter of fact, I'd pin you as they "new guy." I've never seen/heard of you until these past few days and you like starting arguments about us being "fanboys", so it kind of makes sense that the user would "idolize" us. Any dots I'm connecting here? I won't respond to your stupid nonsense any longer.

@Firefromthegods Please make sure that @JayBull does not drag me to this thread again. I don't want to talk about Jim and talk even less about this JayBull guy. Thank you sir. (y)

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
Haha, I haven’t checked on it in a while. Or is this a different one? Either way I’m torn between letting them have their fun and paying no mind to what doesn’t matter and going in there to layeth the SmackDown.

But to all those who do stick up for me (if anyone), please know I do appreciate it. If I don’t thank you, it’s just because I haven’t seen it because little people deserve little attention.
I'm glad your name is The Wood because that would explain the extra 18 inch Pinocchio nose you grew when you actually wrote that. I don't believe for one second that you didn't know about the thread. You've been called out from the very first post and if you have all these users "backing you up" shouldn't they have told you two days ago now?!

So, you're either blind and can't see/find your "Alert" pop-ups, playing stupid, or you're lying. Which one is it Woody?

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
Is this a comment on Aubrey, AEW, or wrestling in general? I've been watching wrestling for about 40 years now and I've seen all sorts of tags made, in the exact ways he's described in the video. Hell, the one of "being slapped on the back by your tag-partner" is done on every wrestling show every week. Anything to talk shit about AEW though... :rolleyes: :sleep:

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
Cornette is going to be proven right. A lot of people already know he is. But it will be unarguable soon.
Which one of his and by-proxy, your, "predictions that will come true"? Help me out here Woody:

• AEW will be off the air in 6 months... okay by WrestleMania 36... okay by June 2020... okay as long as Shad Khan keeps funding Tony's "pet-project"... okay as long as TNT wants them...
  • AEW will move timeslots
  • AEW will move days
  • AEW will not get a TV extension
  • AEW will never get a second show
  • AEW will never get 1 million viewers
  • AEW will lose to NXT... the "third-brand" or "developmental" (as some still classify it to be)
  • AEW may be winning the ratings war, but I see Vince McMahon changing that streak very soon, as they have so many available resources from which to counter-program with
  • NXT will not move days no matter how bad the ratings get
  • NXT is only there to stop AEW
  • The Rock will create a new wrestling promotion, signing Punk, Lesnar, Rousey and Blanchard in 2020... okay in 2021... okay by the end of 2021... well, he's busy with many projects right now, like the XFL re-launch, his NBC sitcom, The Titan Games on NBC, his film roles, his co-owned entertainment business...

I'm sure there are many other examples of this "pure-wisdom and smarts about the business" train of thought, but the above, have been the main talking points for the past (almost) two years. Can anyone else recall any comments I may have missed? Maybe you and Jim can get together and share notes because I just :poop: on your "inarguable facts".

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
Christian is literally using "out work everyone" on national TV, and you're still saying workrate is a ridiculous term?
It's just a derivative of workhorse
C'mon man, you should have learned by now that anyone who posts/talks about wrestling (inside or outside of the ring), Woody will call anyone who disagrees with him, or presents other "facts", as an idiot... I mean, it's literally right there in his reply to you DT. :eek:

· Hiding in the shadows
2,925 Posts
I really hope one of the things Jim and Brian talked about on the Experience happens. They said what if some of the lapsed fans who stopped watching due to the PG clown show WWE became start tuning in and then coming to shows because of Punk? They will cheer Punk loudly, but if in the next segment they present Dwarf Dong Sucker, a Hardly Boys choreography routine with the corpse ref and no rules, or you have Trashitty phantom kicking someone, will they completely shit on the goofy stuff like they used to do to Cena? That would be glorious to watch. I really hope it happens.
Yes and those people are called... fucking lemmings and fucking morons! Imagine going to a show you know nothing about, just to see one guy and then "hope" the rest of the show lives up to their excitement for Punk only? Yeah, that seems kind of ass-backward, but look who's saying it. :rolleyes:

I didn't think Cornette and his cult could be any more lame, childish and petty. I was wrong.:sleep:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts