Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
More dismissal. Here's the point: Cornette addresses your retort in the video you disagreed with. If you don't want to take that seriously, I think it says a lot about the criticism Cornette takes. And way more about you than it does anyone else.
Hey you're less "cringe angry" here! Good for you! That's self improvement kiddo.

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
Hey you're less "cringe angry" here! Good for you! That's self improvement kiddo.
You're calling my responses "cringe?" Can you you respond to the point yet, or are you really trying to get this "condescending even though you're clearly getting owned" thing over?

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
You're calling my responses "cringe?" Can you you respond to the point yet, or are you really trying to get this "condescending even though you're clearly getting owned" thing over?
I'm getting "owned"? How am I getting owned? I said objectively true things about Cornette. He's made a decent amount of money, but he'll never make as much as some of the talent he bashes. Fact. So you twist it and ask "why are we even talking about money?" Deflection. What you accuse me of. Boooooring. I'm unengaged. DON'T be boring.

His taste in women is pretty suspect, and he clearly can't hook up with attractive women. Fact. There's proof and data. Not much to debate here. You low key accuse me of ... Something for talking about women "in this climate." Boring deflection. More bored by you. STOP BEING BORING WOODSY.

It's just lots and lots of that. Fake outrage. "Subtle" hints about my character. Jabs about how my list of objective facts with data are deflections, and then you deflect me and then you crow about how bad you're owning me by changing the frame of the discussion 50 times. You're fucking boring dude. You're basic. You're simple. You are not worth engaging with because I get nothing of substance out of you and I become quickly unengaged by your lame tactics.

That's why I don't take you seriously at all. Bye.

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
I'm getting "owned"? How am I getting owned? I said objectively true things about Cornette. He's made a decent amount of money, but he'll never make as much as some of the talent he bashes. Fact. So you twist it and ask "why are we even talking about money?" Deflection. What you accuse me of. Boooooring. I'm unengaged. DON'T be boring.

His taste in women is pretty suspect, and he clearly can't hook up with attractive women. Fact. There's proof and data. Not much to debate here. You low key accuse me of ... Something for talking about women "in this climate." Boring deflection. More bored by you. STOP BEING BORING WOODSY.

It's just lots and lots of that. Fake outrage. "Subtle" hints about my character. Jabs about how my list of objective facts with data are deflections, and then you deflect me and then you crow about how bad you're owning me by changing the frame of the discussion 50 times. You're fucking boring dude. You're basic. You're simple. You are not worth engaging with because I get nothing of substance out of you and I become quickly unengaged by your lame tactics.

That's why I don't take you seriously at all. Bye.
You're getting owned because I flat-out pointed out that you didn't watch the video you are criticising. That's the actual point.

It's not a "fact" that he won't make as much money as the talent he bashes. That's entirely your speculation, for which there is no evidence. Just like it's not a "fact" he's got a "suspect taste in women" (gross) and "clearly can't hook up with attractive women." Were you right there in the 80's and 90's? Fuck's sake, man. That's weird. And pointing out that you are deflecting is not deflecting. But I'll leave that to any passers through to make up their mind about.

"Fake outrage." I'm not outraged, Monty. Again, you're projecting over the internet -- this time introducing internet buzz phrases to elicit an emotional response. By the way, what am I? Angry or fake angry? Make up your mind. "Subtle" hints about your character? I'm glad you put that in quotation marks, because there's nothing subtle about it. I think you're being sneaky and weird focusing on people's alleged sex lives and financial situation to avoid talking about the crux of an issue you're embarrassed about. I'm not the one changing the discussion. Again, you haven't watched the video you are allegedly responding to.

It's funny, because even the people who argue with me all the time you probably make the case that I offer something of substance. My posts are meaty, nutritious and delicious. I'm the post-curry durry. But you think I'm boring, basic, simple? Cool. You're wrong. And your attempts to insult me, if that's what you call that, is just more of a smokescreen to try and detract from that.

You'll be back, because apparently being "disengaged" means replying to every post I make, but if you do, try and answer the actual question: What do you make of Cornette actually addressing your retort to the subject matter in the video you obviously didn't watch. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Music run-ins worked because the theme was memorable and well it's also because of the wrestler that came out to it. These days, some of them aren't exactly that memorable that would give the same feeling as it was before.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've been complaining about this for years, and its correct.

A run in is supposed to feel spontaneous...like its not planned. Also, if you're sneaking down to interfere in a match, why are you calling attention to yourself by having your music play? The guy you're trying to screw and the referee are both going to know you're coming now.

Also, if a face is running out to save someone, you want to get there immediately, right? Any second lost can result in your friend or some innocent getting injured, right? Well, recently, there was an episode of NXT where Rhea Ripley came out to save someone, but she did the FULL ENTRANCE with her stomp pose, the music, and everything. Made zero sense.

One example I always go back to is Judgement Day 2001 where the finish of the main event was fucking ruined because Kane's music, lighting, and pyro had to play as he came down to the ring. Was that really necessary? Did you really want to botch your main event finish just to make sure everyone in the building knew Kane was coming out?

Now sometimes, playing the music does add to the moment. Warrior's return at Wrestlemania VIII comes to mind. Also in Kane's early days when he would come down and attack everyone in sight. It was more atmospheric to have the lighting and music and everything, though one does wonder why somebody wouldn't just get the fuck out of there.

So it can work in key situations, but playing the theme song for a run in should be an exception, not the rule. It feels like they do it just to get that Pavlovian dog response from the crowd to pop for the music...but if you've told the story right and get that emotional investment, they'll pop for it, right?
Yea it should be only use in extreme circomstances. It worked for Stone Cold and Rock but not for everybody.

It's not a run-in during an entrance but this reminds me of when Jake Roberts came in to do his promo in AEW. The promo was great, but Jake came in with his own entrance music! And he wasn't part of the roster. It spell fake. Would have been better if he had come out from the crowd.

·
Joshi Judas
421 Posts
Music should be saved for special occasions like a big return, or even a MITB cash in. Something where the music will greatly add to the excitement. Less is more in this case.

For every argument against it, I will always think of the Ultimate Warrior running out to save Hogan at WM8...

Seth Rollins cash in at WM31...

Both iconic moments where the music played a massive part of the excitement.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts