Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
From a rules perspective its dumb. The idea of an interference is to do it on the dl so the ref doesn't know about it.

Not to mention its also dumb when wrestler A has hit his possible finish (possible finish because everyone kicks out these day's of finishing moves) on wrestler B, then covers him.. 1...2...music hits and wrestler A gets off wrestler B to look for Wrestler C's entrance. Usain Bolt couldn't get down the ramp quickly enough for Wrestler A not to get the 3 count and break up the count.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,231 Posts
It’s strange... I actually agree in most cases it doesn’t make sense for the music to be played for run-ins, BUT there seems to be some occasions that warrant it.

I feel like if it’s a Kayfabe known Friend of the person in the ring being attacked(their tag team partner), then no music should be played...

If it’s someone who’s outside of the current storyline involving the person being attacked, maybe you have a huge face Star in the back... a face champion... OR a returning superstar...Then music should be cued.

Maybe?

·
Premium Member
12,012 Posts
I do get it. From a logical perspective, if you wanted to save someone as quickly as possible, why would entrance music play? It would be more realistic if you came rushing down to the ring.

On the other hand, I think Clique summed it up best:

The music is played for the pop and I love it. The earth rumbles when crowds hear the glass shattering, or "if ya smelll", or when the gong sounds, etc.
Some of the most memorable and iconic moments in WWE history involve a superstar saving another and when their entrance music hits the crowd goes nuts. It adds to the atmosphere and impact of the moment. And I love it.

·
Registered
24,001 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
All of whom are younger than Jim, make more money than he'll ever see and have access to women Jim never could even dream of and none of them have been proven as literal cucks unlike Corny. I'm sure they're crushed that you dislike them.
lol at being that offended for your flip heroes.

i'm sure the retired multimillionaire who makes mid 6 figures more by podcasting and mailing shit out of his house cares at this point.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Shouldn't you be misunderstanding comedy gimmicks somewhere?
Nah, I’ve got a pretty good grasp on things, thanks. Nice way to try and deflect and project at the same time. Lol at people using “comedy gimmick” as a serious wrestling term too. That in itself is a comedy gimmick

All of whom are younger than Jim, make more money than he'll ever see and have access to women Jim never could even dream of and none of them have been proven as literal cucks unlike Corny. I'm sure they're crushed that you dislike them.
Hang on, are you really suggesting that these guys make more money than Cornette has EVER seen? You do know this guy has actually drawn in the wrestling business, right? I know you can’t trust Google on these things, but it puts Cornette’s net worth at being higher than any of these guys, or at least in range with it. You’re talking absolute shit.

Have access to women Jim could never dream of? Um, what kind of point is this. Women used to actually go to wrestling. Or are you talking about just being around women in a professional context? Because Cornette helped break in Sunny. What the fuck even is this point? Do you think the AEW guys are high-rollers or something?

And nice job trying to kink-shame someone. Big thumbs up to your quality persoecgive

It’s strange... I actually agree in most cases it doesn’t make sense for the music to be played for run-ins, BUT there seems to be some occasions that warrant it.

I feel like if it’s a Kayfabe known Friend of the person in the ring being attacked(their tag team partner), then no music should be played...

If it’s someone who’s outside of the current storyline involving the person being attacked, maybe you have a huge face Star in the back... a face champion... OR a returning superstar...Then music should be cued.

Maybe?
Cornette addressed this, although comedy gimmicks will ignore that in their posts. Cornette specifically mentions 911 in ECW and Kane in the WWF as examples where entrance music would be okay. It’s a guy going “play my music, I’m going to go and kick some ass.” That can be applied to the Steve Austin situations. His interruptions are “I don’t give a fuck” and don’t have that sense of urgency that Cornette is criticising.

Corny is 100% right, as usual, but people will find a way to argue against him using his own points. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I remember when this forum used to suck Cornette’s nuts. Weird.

Anyway, he’s right, it doesn’t make sense. However, it makes/made the moment way better, so who cares? Then again, it really requires a high caliber star with good theme music to really get that pop, and the theme music these days sucks, so it doesn’t really matter anymore. The glass shatter, “if you smellllll”, “break it down”, etc. all made the run-ins better than they’d be otherwise, even if illogical.

Then again, whose to say the person that plays the music isn’t sitting right behind the curtain and hits the music on cue?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Music run ins don’t work anymore, it’s pointless trying to continue doing them to get the pop but doesn’t. When Austin, Rock, Kane use to run, they had major fan support. It worked back them. Today’s stars aren’t on that level. Also their all entrance theme is generic and not distinctive like say a Warrior, Austin etc. When they do run ins now with the music it feels super fake.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I remember when this forum used to suck Cornette’s nuts. Weird.

Anyway, he’s right, it doesn’t make sense. However, it makes/made the moment way better, so who cares? Then again, it really requires a high caliber star with good theme music to really get that pop, and the theme music these days sucks, so it doesn’t really matter anymore. The glass shatter, “if you smellllll”, “break it down”, etc. all made the run-ins better than they’d be otherwise, even if illogical.

Then again, whose to say the person that plays the music isn’t sitting right behind the curtain and hits the music on cue?
He didn’t call in line with smark think. He wanted to make ROH more digestible in order to keep it around, and that led to honesty about Owens, Zayn, The Young Bucks and Omega that people just aren’t willing to hear, or listen to clearly.

I seriously think that is where it all started, and everything is an extension of that. If he said those guys were great, the internet would be all over his nuts still. He’d be like Heyman, except not in the WWE, so he wouldn’t have a terrible Raw period to his name.

·
Registered
517 Posts
OK. This made me think of possible scenarios.

1. So you're about to do a run in and I attack the guy who cues the music. Are you now not going to run in because your music isn't playing?

2. Shouldn't wrestlers just be at ringside anyway if they planned on interfering or protecting their friend/s?

3. Shouldn't wrestlers fight in the back before even getting to the ring, if the face and heels buddies are back there?

4. If your enemies music hits shouldn't the wrestler just run for the foothills?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
What if the sound guys at the truck of the show see the guy coming out and have really fast reflexes to paly his music? lololol

Reactions: Waqar154

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Nah, I’ve got a pretty good grasp on things, thanks. Nice way to try and deflect and project at the same time. Lol at people using “comedy gimmick” as a serious wrestling term too. That in itself is a comedy gimmick

Hang on, are you really suggesting that these guys make more money than Cornette has EVER seen? You do know this guy has actually drawn in the wrestling business, right? I know you can’t trust Google on these things, but it puts Cornette’s net worth at being higher than any of these guys, or at least in range with it. You’re talking absolute shit.

Have access to women Jim could never dream of? Um, what kind of point is this. Women used to actually go to wrestling. Or are you talking about just being around women in a professional context? Because Cornette helped break in Sunny. What the fuck even is this point? Do you think the AEW guys are high-rollers or something?

And nice job trying to kink-shame someone. Big thumbs up to your quality persoecgive
I see I made you so mad you literally forgot what English is and or have a stroke. Mission Accomplished. Put up the banner!

I'd be willing to bet that the Bucks have made more money now than Cornette ever has, yes. Corny has been pretty open about what he was making as he has detailed records, and it was generally, especially in the booming 80's when he was having his "most" success, relatively modest. And "at least in range of their net worth" is a meaningless statement when Corny is past the end of his career and the Bucks and Omega are in their prime, with plenty of money to be made yet.

I meant access to HOOKING UP with women that Corny can't. Once again, if you know Cornette, he's not exactly known for his taste in women and he's not exactly handsome. There's a funny story of Cornette near his prime where he wanted to hook up Lance Storm and Jericho with two girls Jericho described as hilariously out of his league. Cornette can work with as many Sunny's as he wants, he's CLEARLY not hooking up with any of them, ever.

And yes, I'm kink-shaming cucks. Boohoo. Shame on me, how mean. How rude. What a heel. I think people who want to watch other men fuck their wives are weird. Lock me up and throw away the key!!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I see I made you so mad you literally forgot what English is and or have a stroke. Mission Accomplished. Put up the banner!

I'd be willing to bet that the Bucks have made more money now than Cornette ever has, yes. Corny has been pretty open about what he was making as he has detailed records, and it was generally, especially in the booming 80's when he was having his "most" success, relatively modest. And "at least in range of their net worth" is a meaningless statement when Corny is past the end of his career and the Bucks and Omega are in their prime, with plenty of money to be made yet.

I meant access to HOOKING UP with women that Corny can't. Once again, if you know Cornette, he's not exactly known for his taste in women and he's not exactly handsome. There's a funny story of Cornette near his prime where he wanted to hook up Lance Storm and Jericho with two girls Jericho described as hilariously out of his league. Cornette can work with as many Sunny's as he wants, he's CLEARLY not hooking up with any of them, ever.

And yes, I'm kink-shaming cucks. Boohoo. Shame on me, how mean. How rude. What a heel. I think people who want to watch other men fuck their wives are weird. Lock me up and throw away the key!!
Um, what? I speak English just fine and am not one the devolving into non-sequiturs and irrelevant subject matter in a huff. I also wouldn't make a political reference from a decade and a half ago, but this is what I'm dealing with.

Why the fuck are we even talking about money? Yeah, Cornette has spoken about money. He's made a lot. And his best years in wrestling are out of wrestling, as he puts it. We don't know The Bucks' and Omega's financial records. This is just fucking stupid. But are you actually insinuating that Cornette was not successful in wrestling ("relatively modest")? Okay. That is inane. I'm sure with the money Cornette has made, he doesn't give a shit who The Bucks and Omega rip-off for "relatively modest" success in wrestling too. It can work both ways. So stupid.

Wtf are you even talking about wrestlers hooking up? Especially in this climate. Aren't The Bucks married? Again, this is fucking stupid. What is this "taste in women" thing? Am I the only one getting the heebies from this? Yep, let's judge someone's reasonable points by whether they got laid in the 80's, which is something completely unverifiable anyway. Jesus Christ, you are a wreck when it comes to discussing actual points.

It's like you're trying to do a bad Cornette impression at the end, only it's nowhere near as good nor effective. I didn't say you need to be locked up (what a tired cliche, by the way), but it does make you kind of an asshole that is probably more obsessed with other people's sex lives (hence your fixation on wrestlers hooking up) than is healthy. If it doesn't affect you, why judge? Why even bring it up? Me think the lady doth protest too much. How's that for a cliche?

How about instead of using people's alleged or fantasy sex lives to either validate or dismiss their points, you actually watch the fucking video before shooting your mouth off about how someone is a cuck, out of touch, couldn't get laid, is ugly, likes the color pink, prefers cats to dogs or whatever the fuck else? The real point is that Cornette actually addressed the things you claim are wrong with his point, which prove you ignorant to what he is even saying, and you can't deal with that so you've got on this slander meander to try and get away from it.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Um, what? I speak English just fine and am not one the devolving into non-sequiturs and irrelevant subject matter in a huff. I also wouldn't make a political reference from a decade and a half ago, but this is what I'm dealing with.

Why the fuck are we even talking about money? Yeah, Cornette has spoken about money. He's made a lot. And his best years in wrestling are out of wrestling, as he puts it. We don't know The Bucks' and Omega's financial records. This is just fucking stupid. But are you actually insinuating that Cornette was not successful in wrestling ("relatively modest")? Okay. That is inane. I'm sure with the money Cornette has made, he doesn't give a shit who The Bucks and Omega rip-off for "relatively modest" success in wrestling too. It can work both ways. So stupid.

Wtf are you even talking about wrestlers hooking up? Especially in this climate. Aren't The Bucks married? Again, this is fucking stupid. What is this "taste in women" thing? Am I the only one getting the heebies from this? Yep, let's judge someone's reasonable points by whether they got laid in the 80's, which is something completely unverifiable anyway. Jesus Christ, you are a wreck when it comes to discussing actual points.

It's like you're trying to do a bad Cornette impression at the end, only it's nowhere near as good nor effective. I didn't say you need to be locked up (what a tired cliche, by the way), but it does make you kind of an asshole that is probably more obsessed with other people's sex lives (hence your fixation on wrestlers hooking up) than is healthy. If it doesn't affect you, why judge? Why even bring it up? Me think the lady doth protest too much. How's that for a cliche?

How about instead of using people's alleged or fantasy sex lives to either validate or dismiss their points, you actually watch the fucking video before shooting your mouth off about how someone is a cuck, out of touch, couldn't get laid, is ugly, likes the color pink, prefers cats to dogs or whatever the fuck else? The real point is that Cornette actually addressed the things you claim are wrong with his point, which prove you ignorant to what he is even saying, and you can't deal with that so you've got on this slander meander to try and get away from it.
I guess I've never heard of the word "persoecgive"

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I guess I've never heard of the word "persoecgive"
Oh, did I make a typo? What a fucking great point. You are clearly the winner here. How dare someone slips while writing a message on a wrestling forum. Much easier to use a silly mistake to throw out someone's entire point than actually respond to it, right?

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
Oh, did I make a typo? What a fucking great point. You are clearly the winner here. How dare someone slips while writing a message on a wrestling forum. Much easier to use a silly mistake to throw out someone's entire point than actually respond to it, right?
Man you're an angry person.

·
Banned
4,848 Posts
You're projecting over the internet, Monty. People can destroy you without being mad. Especially when you still won't respond to the point.
I stopped responding to the point because you stopped being worth taking seriously. Blame yourself, it's not my fault!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I stopped responding to the point because you stopped being worth taking seriously. Blame yourself, it's not my fault!
More dismissal. Here's the point: Cornette addresses your retort in the video you disagreed with. If you don't want to take that seriously, I think it says a lot about the criticism Cornette takes. And way more about you than it does anyone else.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts