Wrestling Forum banner

Jim Cornette needs a "new face" due to watching TNA

9424 Views 185 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  eddiefan
Well first of all the official source: http://www.youtube.com/user/TableofJapan#p/u/0/380hxvB8SmY

There is an all new episode of Botchamania which is kind of a TNA special.
It all culminates in a tweet from Jim Cornette that he needs a new face
after having watched TNA. Apparently this relates to the PPV but the case
could be made that all of the botches/horrid stories/uber-uncool finishes
in the last 10 days could warrant that.

So how would you translate Jimmy´s tweet- does he think the product got
worse? And if so- do you agree?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Well first of all the official source: http://www.youtube.com/user/TableofJapan#p/u/0/380hxvB8SmY

There is an all new episode of Botchamania which is kind of a TNA special.
It all culminates in a tweet from Jim Cornette that he needs a new face
after having watched TNA. Apparently this relates to the PPV but the case
could be made that all of the botches/horrid stories/uber-uncool finishes
in the last 10 days could warrant that.

So how would you translate Jimmy´s tweet- does he think the product got
worse? And if so- do you agree?
it got worse, right now i'm not even willing to criticize it as i used to because... right now tna couldn't be any lower, viewership is raising, yes, but that doesn't mean shit when they can't get it past 1.5 tna right now is broken beyond repair, really sad because i seriously wanted a company that i would call "my alternative" for wrestling

· Registered
1,408 Posts
c'mon, cornette's glory was a mediocre manager. he's lucky to have a job with roh. ever notice how everytime he leaves a place it was the worst place ever? i wouldn't go as far to say that tna has gotten "worse", but their focus is spread far too thin. i don't think you can judge tv ratings to say the product is good or bad either. obviously all the wrestling fans that grew up on a WWE only product are going to have constricted views of TNA. Most fans today have little to no knowledge of what made wrestling successful in the past (and sadly a lot of the business has no clue too).

· Registered
1,462 Posts
This from the man who has never made a wrestling promotion truly successful. Apparently he mentioned how ROH main events last more than 20 seconds at their latest big event, considering this was not on iPPV and in front of 1000 fans I think it can be considered a fail. Besides who cares if Cornette hates TNA, all TNA fans hate him too and if you add in ROH fans to that you've got a battle of 1.8 million TNA fans against somewhere in between 1 to 2 thousand ROH fans, I wonder who wins this battle.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
c'mon, cornette's glory was a mediocre manager. he's lucky to have a job with roh. ever notice how everytime he leaves a place it was the worst place ever? i wouldn't go as far to say that tna has gotten "worse", but their focus is spread far too thin. i don't think you can judge tv ratings to say the product is good or bad either. obviously all the wrestling fans that grew up on a WWE only product are going to have constricted views of TNA. Most fans today have little to no knowledge of what made wrestling successful in the past (and sadly a lot of the business has no clue too).
1.- and yet he gets more respect than hogan ever did

2.- i don't judge the show for the ratings, i judge the show because i watched it, it was the standard TNA-hogan show, 2 hour show and only 9 minutes of wrestling? you might as well turn it into a full time talk show if you're not planning to balance wrestling and promos at all

3.- WWE isn't the only wrestling company in the world, so far it's the third company i saw in my life, i grew up mainly with AAA and CMLL, and even then i can tell you TNA isn't making any true effort to progress, last impact was just another night of hogan trolling for the sake of pissing off internet fans and burying all 50 young guys in the roster for his useless faction

4.- so far TNA is the only one with no idea of how to achieve success, companies like ROH for example might not grow as big as the main companies, but at least they know what they are and what they're supposed to do to keep the fanbase satisfied and with some luck get some new ones, TNA? TNA doesn't know what it is anymore, having a talented roster means nothing if you don't know how to use it

· Registered
4,017 Posts
This from the man who has never made a wrestling promotion truly successful. Apparently he mentioned how ROH main events last more than 20 seconds at their latest big event, considering this was not on iPPV and in front of 1000 fans I think it can be considered a fail. Besides who cares in Cornette hates TNA, all TNA fans hate him too and if you add in ROH fans to that you've got a battle of 1.8 million TNA fans against somewhere in between 1 to 2 thousand fans, I wonder who wins this battle.
and you kids dare to complain when TNA gets picked on by... you know... nearly everyone in the wrestling business

the way you treat you will be treated

· Registered
1,462 Posts
and you kids dare to complain when TNA gets picked on by... you know... nearly everyone in the wrestling business

the way you treat you will be treated
Bring it on, at least I don't have to sit through John Cena saying "the champ is here" after wrestlemania. By the way I don't compain about how TNA gets picked on, I welcome it bring on the TNA hate and we shall rise higher than ever before.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Bring it on, at least I don't have to sit through John Cena saying "the champ is here" after wrestlemania.
that's the best argument you can come with?

and i don't have to sit trough another shitty john cena match, i will be busy getting my drinks, that's 1 of the 3 matches i'm skipping this wrestlemania, i have more interest in the rest of the card, since you know... IT'S A FOUR HOUR PPV, and it's not 2 hour long

as for him saying his lame catchphrase after mania? i have a simple solution "mute" button, at least i can silence what i don't like and talk about it here, instead of pretending everything is perfect and eat up every bad math and shitty segment just because "it's a big name"

· Registered
453 Posts
Sounds like someone still has sour grapes over getting fired.

And why does his ugly mug constantly get posted? He truley is one of the ugliest human beings on the face of the earth. He does need a new face...literaly.

.- so far TNA is the only one with no idea of how to achieve success, companies like ROH for example might not grow as big as the main companies, but at least they know what they are and what they're supposed to do to keep the fanbase satisfied and with some luck get some new ones, TNA? TNA doesn't know what it is anymore, having a talented roster means nothing if you don't know how to use it
What the hell are you talking about? ROH had a TV deal and lost it. They are nowhere near the level that TNA is at. The comparison is silly.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounds like someone still has sour grapes over getting fired.

And why does his ugly mug constantly get posted? He truley is one of the ugliest human beings on the face of the earth. He does need a new face...literaly.

What the hell are you talking about? ROH had a TV deal and lost it. They are nowhere near the level that TNA is at. The comparison is silly.
where in my post am i comparing them? TNA and ROH are 2 separate companies, neither have anything to do with each other, all i said about ROH was that even though they're not big or might ever get bigger they at least know what they are

cubby, i respect you, but right now i would like to ask you, what is TNA right now? yes, it's a wrestling company, but other than that, what is TNA? WWE is a sports entertainment wrestling company, ROH is a full-time wrestling company, another example: CZW is sort of a hardcore wrestling company

but... what is TNA?? in 2011, what kind of wrestling company is TNA?

· Registered
453 Posts
where in my post am i comparing them?
:rolleyes:

so far TNA is the only one with no idea of how to achieve success, companies like ROH for example
As for the other part, I don't deny that TNA doesn't quite know what it is sometimes. One thing is for sure, though, is that TNA is a wrestling company for adults. They produce their show in a more realistic manner then WWE could ever dream of and they allow the wrestler's natural personality to shine through, instead of scripting them to death. That's something that distinguishes TNA and is something they actually do right.

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Lots of posts attacking Cornette but none defending TNA of recent days, particularly Victory Road? Not surprised, really. The KO match did have an awkward finish, the Morgan/Hernandez match did have a stupid finish with botched camera work and a ridiculous "fan" run in, the Sting/Hardy match was a mess. Nothing I saw in that video from Cornette's mouth was in any way wrong.

· also known as a BUSTER
13,189 Posts
This from the man who has never made a wrestling promotion truly successful. Apparently he mentioned how ROH main events last more than 20 seconds at their latest big event, considering this was not on iPPV and in front of 1000 fans I think it can be considered a fail.
LRN2DVD

Please don't change tack now and make me list the multiple different ways in which this title change was anything but a "fail".:rolleyes:

Besides who cares if Cornette hates TNA, all TNA fans hate him too and if you add in ROH fans to that you've got a battle of 1.8 million TNA fans against somewhere in between 1 to 2 thousand ROH fans, I wonder who wins this battle.
LOL I didn't realise that the iMPACT Zone's capacity had been raised to 1.8 million.

· Registered
13,468 Posts
Why are people upset with Cornette on this one? I think we all needed new faces after that main event. A guy stumbled out high on something and ruined a main event for a company that's on national TV and they let him do it even though they knew he was messed up when he showed up. Hence the 1000+ VR discussion & the Jeff Hardy fucked up threads.

· Banned
761 Posts
Bring it on, at least I don't have to sit through John Cena saying "the champ is here" after wrestlemania. By the way I don't compain about how TNA gets picked on, I welcome it bring on the TNA hate and we shall rise higher than ever before.
Not like you can get much lower.

· HOPE
18,892 Posts
This from the man who has never made a wrestling promotion truly successful. Apparently he mentioned how ROH main events last more than 20 seconds at their latest big event, considering this was not on iPPV and in front of 1000 fans I think it can be considered a fail. Besides who cares if Cornette hates TNA, all TNA fans hate him too and if you add in ROH fans to that you've got a battle of 1.8 million TNA fans against somewhere in between 1 to 2 thousand ROH fans, I wonder who wins this battle.
:lmao @ 1000-2000 ROH fans. There are HEAPS of ROH fans worldwide. Not every ROH fan can attend every show they put on. This would be like claiming TNA only has about 1000 fans because that's all they can fit into the IZ (or at least that's what they used to. It may be bigger these days, idk).

I don't see how ROH's event can be considered a fail either just based off attendance. How do you know what their aims were for attendance of if they were even attendance related? How do you know they didn't meet their goals and therefore failed?

Defending TNA's rubbish by bringing up the WWE? That doesn't make TNA any better.

People don't like Jim Cornette. I get that, but defending TNA like it's "Us vs. Them", well, it really makes it seem like Matt Hardy fits into TNA more than anywhere else in the world.

· Registered
453 Posts
Seriously, are we going to get a new thread everytime a fired, bitter, former TNA talent goes on a rant against them?

And besides, what has Jim Cornette done, of note, in the last two years or so? He went to ROH, who recently lost their TV deal. Real successful. Give me a break.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
:lmao @ 1000-2000 ROH fans. There are HEAPS of ROH fans worldwide. Not every ROH fan can attend every show they put on. This would be like claiming TNA only has about 1000 fans because that's all they can fit into the IZ (or at least that's what they used to. It may be bigger these days, idk).

I don't see how ROH's event can be considered a fail either just based off attendance. How do you know what their aims were for attendance of if they were even attendance related? How do you know they didn't meet their goals and therefore failed?

Defending TNA's rubbish by bringing up the WWE? That doesn't make TNA any better.

People don't like Jim Cornette. I get that, but defending TNA like it's "Us vs. Them", well, it really makes it seem like Matt Hardy fits into TNA more than anywhere else in the world.
I'll admit that they have more fans that can't attend event but they're tv show which can be watch by people on a far larger scale is doing so bad that they've been cancelled from a channel that is barely getting viewers anyway.

Considering how many people come on this forum just to talk shit about TNA and say how great ROH is means that I have a reason to defend TNA.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.