Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I mean, Kurt was a piece of shit human being and overall trash person who was a great vocalist, and that was about it. That being said, I don't think Cornette's approach was very good.

At one point, I used to be in my "edgy" music phase, and I was heavily into Nirvana and Kurt, since moving on from that phase I realised that he wasn't actually a very pleasant person.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I guess y'all missed the part "in response to a fan".

I don't think it's a surprise that when talking about something, James E. makes his opinion crystal clear.

Reactions: egnuldt

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,667 Posts
Isn't Jim Cornette the one who cried like a bitch because of the English weather. HAHAHAHA. Who cares what he says anymore? All he talks about his Omega wrestling blow up dolls theses days anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Debating who's worse between Jim Cornette and Vince Russo is like debating who's worse between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton they're both pieces of shit. As for Kurt Cobian he was an overrated as fuck. Even his daughter thinks his music was shit.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,708 Posts
Being somewhat entertaining doesn't excuse being a dick.

Sad that people really don't have any sort of understanding of depression and related mental illnesses, as well as how debilitating they can be to somebody.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
He's certainly not the first to ever hold this opinion about Cobain and I don't even feel what he said is out of line. It's fair criticism.

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
The same Cornette who compared Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi to Hitler? :lmao

Cornette is becoming a terrible worker by the day. He's clearly running out of ways to stay relevant.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
He's certainly not the first to ever hold this opinion about Cobain and I don't even feel what he said is out of line. It's fair criticism.
Sorry, but its retarded criticism. Depression is a mental illness. People who commit suicide because of depression are not thinking normally. People will healthy, normal brains don't commit suicide.

Severe depression is a disease of the brain. Saying someone is selfish for killing themselves due to depression is like saying someone is selfish for dying of cancer.

This stuff is very basic science, its shocking to me there are still people out there who don't understand.

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Sorry, but its retarded criticism. Depression is a mental illness. People who commit suicide because of depression are not thinking normally.

People will healthy, normal brains don't commit suicide. Severe depression is a disease of the brain.

Saying someone is selfish for killing themselves due to depression is like saying someone is selfish for dying of cancer.

This stuff is very basic science, its shocking to me there are still people out there who don't understand.
Most people that commit suicide due to depression aren't on the absolutely insane amounts of heroin he was on. It's very well documented how much he was using. Have you ever been addicted to that shit? I spent about a decade addicted to it. So unless you can say you've lived it please don't talk out of your ass thinking that you understand what it felt like to be in his shoes moreso than I do. If you're one of those that believe he just took the shit for tummy aches....please allow me to go ahead and laugh at you. He had the best help out there that money could buy. He chose to give up trying. I could have chosen to give up too. I didn't. If he had an existing condition of depression that would have been there even without the opiates, it was his choice to keep pumping drugs in his veins that made the condition exponentially worse.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Severe depression is a disease of the brain. Saying someone is selfish for killing themselves due to depression is like saying someone is selfish for dying of cancer.
I understand what your saying but its not really the same thing is it? committing suicide enacts an element of choice while dying of cancer offers no such choice no matter the circumstances.

if you realise youve got a mental problem then theres hope for you to get the help needed, whereas if youve got cancer then its not really up to you whether something can be done or not even if the right people know who can help you.

I totally get that people arnt thinking clearly etc but its not the same physically forced end to ones life as with cancer, its totally an illness but I just dont see those two in the same ballpark.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.