Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I swear every thing he says in this review is so true when you think about it all

Talking about why Fenix and Pentagon are for some reason wrestling each other again, and Eddie just going "We like to fight" as the explanation, two brothers who are in the same heel faction, who are both heels fighting each other for no reason and theres no one to cheer for.

And Pac returning to reform his heel group to go against Eddie's heel group with no babyface in sight. Then all the refs etc running out to stop Pac despite so many other segments from AEW where someone gets pummeled and no one comes out to help, but Pac tries to go after Eddie Kingston and the entire staff comes running out to prevent it for some reason in a pull apart as if these two are Tyson and Austin or something.

And the whole thing about Tony saying the balance of power in wrestling will be shifted, and it turns out he was talking about Pac, and we get Pac vs Blade, and Cornette was right "No in the world gives a fuck about Pac vs The Blade", so what fucking power was changed or shifted exactly with Pac coming back?

I know the AEW loyalists hate Cornette with a passion but the guy makes sense, most of the shit he says about AEW is true, he breaks things down and explains why and his points are almost always right.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who gives a shit what this old fossil thinks?! You could pick apart an episode of smw same way if you adopt overly critical mindset.
Is he wrong in what he's saying though? i don't hear you saying he's wrong.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I agree about lucha being workrate crap in the squared circle, but from what I've seen from AAA, they still have that larger than life feel in my opinion.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Death triangle are clearly the protagonists in this feud.

Eddie clearly had an agenda with regards to lucha bros.
Why exactly are Death Triangle the protagonists? They was heels before the pandemic, whats changed? Pac still looks and acts like a bitter bastard who hates everyone, whats those 3 done to show they're faces? Its two heel factions fighting each other as of right now. I've yet to see Pac, Penta or Rey do any kind of babyface act.

And what exactly is Eddie's agenda? What did befriending the Lucha Bros to make them fight accomplish exactly? I really don't see the point of any of this shit Eddie did with the Lucha Bros.

·
Premium Member
14,383 Posts
Why? they was heels before the pandemic, whats changed? Pac still looks and acts like a bitter bastard who hates everyone, whats those 3 done to show they're faces? Its two heel factions fighting each other.

And what exactly is Eddie's agenda? What did befriending the Lucha Bros to make them fight accomplish exactly? I really don't see the point of any of this shit Eddie did with the Lucha Bros.
Did you watch last night or last week? You couldn’t do anything but support PAC. The boundary lines are clear.
pac is a bastard who you want to support. He is a badass face.

Eddie was being a snake from day 1. He wanted to break up two brothers.

Cornette is just clutching at straws(and he knows he is) to continue milking his fans’ balls.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you watch last night or last week? You couldn’t do anything but support PAC. The boundary lines are clear.
pac is a bastard who you want to support. He is a badass face.

Eddie was being a snake from day 1. He wanted to break up two brothers.

Cornette is just clutching at straws(and he knows he is) to continue milking his fans’ balls.
Why though? lol why? i can't for the life of me come up with a reason why he'd waste the time doing that. Instead of focusing on his career, working his way to a title shot, he's gonna invest all this time to make two brothers mad at each other?

·
Premium Member
14,383 Posts
Why though? lol why? i can't for the life of me come up with a reason why he'd waste the time doing that. Instead of focusing on his career, working his way to a title shot, he's gonna invest all this time to make two brothers mad at each other?
Why do heels behave like heels? I didn’t know we needed the story to be told like a toddler’s storybook.
and actually you’ll find that he had a title shot recently. So yeah maybe you aren’t actually watching.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Why do heels behave like heels? I didn’t know we needed the story to be told like a toddler’s storybook.
and actually you’ll find that he had a title shot recently. So yeah maybe you aren’t actually watching.
Lol so now we don't need any explanation for why a heel does something? Just chalk it up to cause they're heels? Yeah he just decided to manipulate two brothers into hating each other cause he's a heel, makes alot of sense, no further explanation needed huh chief?

I'm aware he had a title shot, does that mean he should have no further aspirations for getting another title shot? Like the TNT title perhaps? Why waste all this time sitting on commentary and playing puppetmaster over two brothers?

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
Lol so now we don't need any explanation for why a heel does something? Just chalk it up to cause they're heels? Yeah he just decided to manipulate two brothers into hating each other cause he's a heel, makes alot of sense, no further explanation needed huh chief?

And i'm aware he had a title shot, does that mean he should have no further aspirations for getting another title shot? Like the TNT title perhaps?
Did you do this deliberately to get some cheap heat? Or are you being serious I can't work it out, usually u post decent stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,383 Posts

And i'm aware he had a title shot, does that mean he should have no further aspirations for getting another title shot? Like the TNT title perhaps?
Right so what makes you think he has no further aspiration? He’s currently in a feud with the death triangle.
If you want people to spell it out for you, he created tension between these guys to cause mayhem. A bad guy does bad things because he is a bad guy. He created this tension because it kept them distracted while he went for the world title. Both brothers were part of the world ttitle tournament. Rather than focusing on the goal they were distracted by the tension made by Kingston. seems pretty clear to me.

there’s things that AEW have done wrong. This storyline is not one of them. Cornette has admitted he makes these videos for his fans.

·
Banned
1,691 Posts
Cmon @Pippen94 . Lets not pretend everything in the family storyline has been booked perfectly.

BBB randomly breaking up with no explanation only to reunite randomly in a blink and youll miss it way.

Eddie randomly calling penta his best friend and hating fenix without segments explaining the tension

Butcher and the blade losing the feud against the Nightmare Family

Us now having to buy butch and blade as threats to death triangle.

Tony has made it ridiculously hard to take the heels seriously. You may as well have death triangle come out to cenas music and hunters shovel metaphorically speaking cause the heels have zero chance

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Right so what makes you think he has no further aspiration? He’s currently in a feud with the death triangle.
If you want people to spell it out for you, he created tension between these guys to cause mayhem. A bad guy does bad things because he is a bad guy. He created this tension because it kept them distracted while he went for the world title. Both brothers were part of the world ttitle tournament. Rather than focusing on the goal they were distracted by the tension made by Kingston. seems pretty clear to me.

there’s things that AEW have done wrong. This storyline is not one of them. Cornette has admitted he makes these videos for his fans.
Yeah i doubt thats the explanation for why he did it this, i would expect something a little more personal than that.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts