Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED:
Jessie Godderz is reportedly done with Impact Wrestling. He worked with the company since 2011 and is a former two-time tag team champion with Robbie E.

ORIGINAL:
Jessie Godderz has been added to the alumni section of the Impact Wrestling website. While it may very well be an error, it could possibly mean that Godderz is done with the company.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Re: Jessie Godderz Gone From Impact Wrestling?

He filled a good role as a Jersey Shore poser for awhile (probably too long).

I was intrigued by the push he got a few years ago when he turned on Robbie E, and got that viscous, crazed streak going.. which coincided with some possible roid rage (but who's judging).. However, that storyline just faded.

I think when they made the switch from Jersey boy to overly-intense, crazed competitor, They should have changed a bit more. Maybe, after turning on his boy Robbie E, declaring that he's no longer Jessie Godderz, but due to his unappreciated and held-back wrestling skills and superior physical abilities, he has evolved from "Godderz" to "god".

Then, you have some constant promowork (which would make or break him), but if he was able to make a delusional god-complex work, combined with some wins over a few big opponents, he could possibly build up to Heavyweight title shot. I don't think he'd ever be a long-stay, but he'd shake up the status quo a bit, with what would have at least had some potential.

Instead, he just faded.. no explanation.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts

Honestly disappointing to hear. I wasn't a fan at first but he did seem to care about wrestling and managed to improve and really grew on me over time.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

Another lost opportunity. He was a great seller and took excellent bumps. Guy worked really hard to move on from that Big Brother stuff. In the end, the company just wasn't going to push him. Hopefully he's not done with wrestling and goes somewhere else.

·
Registered
12,555 Posts

Didnt he just say in an interview that Impact Wrestling is letting him take time off for other things. I assume he will be back but they absolute need him to go back to that Over the top intense character. That was so good and his theme song went well with it. I hated the bromance stuff

·
Registered
230 Posts

I always thought he could have done well in a Julius Ceasar gimmick stable. Have a 2/3 females follow him around feeding him grapes but also distract opponents for him to take advantage.

Reactions: Hencheman_21

·
Registered
8,854 Posts

Didnt he just say in an interview that Impact Wrestling is letting him take time off for other things. I assume he will be back but they absolute need him to go back to that Over the top intense character. That was so good and his theme song went well with it. I hated the bromance stuff
That is what I am thinking. With the addition of GFW roster they are a bit full right now. So instead of him just floating around doing nothing and/or being lost in the shuffle, let him go work on his other projects and make more Hollywood connections. Than when the time is right to bring him back and push him do so.

Like others have said, I was not a fan when he arrived as I thought he was another reality star trying to extend his 15 minutes. But much like the Miz, he put in the work, showed a real passion and actually improved. The one issue he has is he looks short and small next to more traditional wrestling talent. So not sure if he could be a legit World champion but maybe he can try and work the X division. I sure hope he returns and gets a chance to show what he can do.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts

All these people not marking for the Godderz, Robbie E, DJ Z schtick :no:, damn shame TNA never did anything with BroMans or Godderz during his solo run, here's hoping someone who cares picks him up.

·
The Whole Shebang
970 Posts

A couple years ago I would have been ecstatic to hear Godderz was gone, but the dude had really started to impress me. He improved a lot and showed promise perhaps if he could have worked with some more experienced, established talent. The Grand Championship match structure seemed to really work for him.

·
Registered
580 Posts

I really hope he comes back. But I can imagine him at WWE.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,363 Posts

A different promotion will do something better with Jessie Godderz.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts

Anyone that doesn't commit to the company fuck them off. You're paying them for doing nothing.

One of the reasons why the company fell into shit in the first place.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts

Well what does commit mean to you? I mean should they focus on Impact and only Impact? Even during the times between tapings when there is noting to do.

I just hope if Impact can get back on track and grow their viewership a bit more than maybe Jessie can swing an appearance by old Capt. Kirk. It would be pretty cool seeing him in a back stage segment. Maybe with Rosemary.

·
Registered
88 Posts

If this is true i'm upset I'm a huge fan even bought some merch. Anyways he does have a lot of outside projects hopefully one of those projects catches fire so when he returns he can have a rock like push with a new hollywood character. He had a lot of potential and always promotes impact I also think he had a hand in getting Impact on Pop due to having connections with Big Brother

1 - 20 of 40 Posts