Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am bemused why WWE hasn't put out a DVD on Jerry. He is the most decorated wrestler in history, holding more championship belts than anybody (I may be wrong on that, If I am please correct me) also the WWE must own the rights to the memphis territory by now. I think it would be a great DVD. When you think they have out boring DVDs on Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Batista and numerous dvds on Triple H. There has to be a King DVD somewhere in the pipeline. Actually I thought after the heart attack they would cash in but obviously they are waiting for actual death lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah maybe that's why then. I'm not sure who owns the Memphis library these days, I assume it must between Lawler and Jarrett. Maybe because useless Jeff Jarrett is working for TNA they can't have the rights, interesting to see who is in control there

·
Likes wrestling....
9,902 Posts
Ah maybe that's why then. I'm not sure who owns the Memphis library these days, I assume it must between Lawler and Jarrett. Maybe because useless Jeff Jarrett is working for TNA they can't have the rights, interesting to see who is in control there
Lawler owns it.

A lot of his early work is wiped though.

They would record over shows back in the mid 70's

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
^^^
So there is no way to get my hands on any footage of the Lawler/Savage feud in Memphis? :(

Also, both Rey DVDs are awesome. He has been in some incredible matches and use to be a fantastic worker/performer.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,902 Posts
^^^
So there is no way to get my hands on any footage of the Lawler/Savage feud in Memphis? :(

Also, both Rey DVDs are awesome. He has been in some incredible matches and use to be a fantastic worker/performer.
Pretty sure it's all on youtube. There is a guy who recorded Memphis every week for years and he has put allot on you tube.

·
Banned
1,065 Posts
Even if they had the rights, they would have blown it on the timing. Lawler is now hated by a lot of the fans such a DVD would be targeted at. The man sets the value of his name back a little bit more every week on commentary.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Pretty sure it's all on youtube. There is a guy who recorded Memphis every week for years and he has put allot on you tube.
Oh yeah I've seen a bunch on you tube. I meant on dvd. I'm sure there are some bootlegs out there.

·
Likes wrestling....
9,902 Posts
Even if they had the rights, they would have blown it on the timing. Lawler is now hated by a lot of the fans such a DVD would be targeted at. The man sets the value of his name back a little bit more every week on commentary.
This sentiment drives me insane.^^^^^

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am guessing they are waiting until he truly retires.

Which I wish would've happened 10 years ago due to his awful commentary, but you don't always get what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts