Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Sgt. Pepper
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Meltzer and Jim Ross' Official Twitter...

WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler suffered an undisclosed injury during the Raw angle with Mark Henry. "I'm with The King and (he's) hurting," Jim Ross wrote on his Twitter page. "Announce table unforgiving. Not sure how he's going to be. Jerry's hurting for real." Follow Ross on Twitter at Twitter.com/JRsBBQ.

Powell's POV: I assume this is legit based on the last sentence, as Ross usually doesn't play up injury angles on his website or Twitter account. Either way, while I enjoyed the angle, WWE officials have to start asking themselves some serious questions about using aging wrestlers (or retired wrestlers) in this manner, just as TNA does.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
i had a feeling he truly got injured just by the way the slam went. i think it had something to do with either his right arm or knee. they both hit bad! not in the usual spot

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
^ that seemed quite sarcastic

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'm surprised Lawler agreed to that bump. That was quite a rough impact on that announcer table. Seems like it was even worse than if it had not break the way it did.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Now just do the same to Cole and we will be on track.
yeah that would be awesome! i cant stand Cole!

I'm surprised Lawler agreed to that bump. That was quite a rough impact on that announcer table. Seems like it was even worse than if it had not break the way it did.
yeah, he agreed but the move was bad and thats why he is truly injured, usually you are supposed to be slammed in the dead center. sadly, thats not what happened. Jerry was about half a foot off the actual "safe" position

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
wow that slam didnt seem like it would hurt, i can take that shit no problem
Keep in mind Lawlers age mixed with the unpredictability of the announcers table. I'm surprised Lawler survived the ladder match with The Miz, honestly.

But then again with the shit Flair did in his ladder matches, I shouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Keep in mind Lawlers age mixed with the unpredictability of the announcers table. I'm surprised Lawler survived the ladder match with The Miz, honestly.

But then again with the shit Flair did in his ladder matches, I shouldn't be surprised.
Lawler may be old but he still has some stamina in my eyes!

·
Asuka
96,238 Posts
You never want to see anybody injured, but I'm certainly not going to complain if we can go a couple of Raws without Lawler playing the unbelievable annoyance he's come to be in the last several years.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts