Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Far the best built feud going into WM27, the match will stink but Cole is a great heel. Is it a bad call from the booking and writing team that neither Miz/Cena or HHH/Taker feud hold a candle to the build up of Lawler and cole.

·
FEED ME LESS!
3,834 Posts
honestly? This feud is just stupid. I liek cole as a heel anouncer I really do, but my god they take it sooo far that its just annoying now. This rivalrly is stupid and needs to end idc how.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
It is by far, and that is just sad. This and Rey/Cody are the only two feuds getting any good build, and if it wasn't for the Rock at least making some appearances there would be literally no special-feeling in this Wrestlemania build up.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I don't know if it's a "bad call" because a bad call is something that's going to affect business. WM 27 should get a pretty high buyrate with the involvement of The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Snooki, so, I don't really think it is. However, it's a piss poor way to build excitement for the matches that are actually going to shape things after WrestleMania.

·
Registered
26 Posts
are you a complete idiot? Anytime announcers feud (yes, its been done before....numerous times)it is nothing more than a time filler. Shall i go ahead and tell you what is gonna happen? Lawler will obviously manhandle Cikeal Mole, so Mole will cheat and/or have his trainer aid him in battle. Then J.R. will come out either from behind the announce table or down from the back and help King win, reuniting everybody's favorite pair of WWE hosts. (except for Gorilla and Heenan, but what can ya do?)

·
The Man
15,344 Posts
are you a complete idiot? Anytime announcers feud (yes, its been done before....numerous times)it is nothing more than a time filler. Shall i go ahead and tell you what is gonna happen? Lawler will obviously manhandle Cikeal Mole, so Mole will cheat and/or have his trainer aid him in battle. Then J.R. will come out either from behind the announce table or down from the back and help King win, reuniting everybody's favorite pair of WWE hosts. (except for Gorilla and Heenan, but what can ya do?)
It may be obvious what will happen but it still has had some of the best booking compared to all the other feuds heading into WM.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Booking wise I think it's terrible. Michael Cole goes up and gets to be a jackass for a few minutes, ultimately leading up to Jerry Lawler getting his ass kicked by an unnecessary to the storyline, but pushed there because he had nothing else to do, Jack Swagger.

It really gets boring, and you can hear it in the crowd as well. They've stopped responding to Michael Cole's shenanigans for the most part, and the last two "World Wide Broadcasts" or whatever he does have been dead-silent.

It's a very useless feud, and most likely a filler for the MITB match at Wrestlemania. A VERY poor one at that.

·
@delecast
4,407 Posts
This feud has been the best build towards a goal that WWE has had during the WM season. Every single thing that has been done has been focused on one thing: Cole getting the holy hell beaten out of him. Cole can be downright annoying, but has done a great job in touching on real emotion in this feud.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
That's probably a true statement & it bothers me. I mean you want to know WHY WWE hasn't been able to create major stars in the last few years? Well maybe its because they don't handle their wrestlers with as much care as they do their announcers, The McMahons, & Vickie Guerrero. To me, a match between two announcers is a sideshow played for yucks. The real meat should be with the stories involving the actual combatants...and that isn't entirely happening. I maintain that my favorite feud heading into Mania is Punk/Orton, but everything else has had so many bumps in the road that its hard to imagine. Hell, even Taker/Triple H feels like something that was rushed and not something that had been carefully planned for months like Lawler/Cole was. At this point, Lawler/Cole, based on its build up, has more rights to the main event spot than the Smackdown World Title match does, and that's sad.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
It's true and it's fantastic. The crowd is going to explode when they finally get the pay off to something that's been building for over a year. In the process you've created one of the most over heels on television.

I can't fathom people who think this feud has been bad in any way, shape or form. It's been an intense, slowly developing rivalry that is getting extremely personal, with a heel who has managed to completely avoid comeuppance. It's perfect.

·
Registered
604 Posts
pointless. I was actually gonna buy Mania for the first time but this year is sounding shity. Rhodes/Mysterio is gonna be good. Same for Sheamus/Bryan & Punk/Orton only because its Punk. No MITB either? And I think Kingston isn't defending the title which is also stupid. Ill be damned if I pay $50-$70 for three fucking matches.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I couldn't give 2 shits about it

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I don't know if it's a "bad call" because a bad call is something that's going to affect business. WM 27 should get a pretty high buyrate with the involvement of The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Snooki, so, I don't really think it is. However, it's a piss poor way to build excitement for the matches that are actually going to shape things after WrestleMania.
Dead on.

To add my two cents, I really can't stand Cole as announcer (always felt this way, not just because he's a heel now). He would, however, make an excellent heel manager. He is obviously very comfortable speaking on the mic, he could do wonders for a talented wrestler that isn't gifted in oratory skills.

·
Banned
404 Posts
This feud has been the best build towards a goal that WWE has had during the WM season. Every single thing that has been done has been focused on one thing: Cole getting the holy hell beaten out of him. Cole can be downright annoying, but has done a great job in touching on real emotion in this feud.
Well yeah, I guess any time someone makes disparaging remarks about someone elses dead mother, that brings up real emotion.
I assume thats what you are referring to, cause other than that its been pretty much schoolyard taunts week after week.
I have found the whole thing mildly entertaining, I hope the angle is buried after WM.
I predict a Stunner to Cole put him out of action for a couple of months. Stone Cold is going to Stun someone, and it ain't gonna be Lawler.
That narrows it down to Cole or Swagger.
He comes back, he has come to his senses about what a jackass he has been, and everyone forgets what happened.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
best fued in the company in like 5 years

1 - 20 of 30 Posts