Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

· "Ingrato De Chicago"
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Pwinsider.com, Jerry Lawler's mother Hazel passed away. Jerry Lawler is currently in Memphis to deal with the passing, and at this time there is no confirmation of Lawler will make or miss Raw tonight, which takes place in Anaheim, CA.

On behalf of 411, I would like to extend our condolences to the Lawler family.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/174193/Jerry-Lawlers-Mother-Passes-Away.htm

She was 90 years old.
RIP

· Banned
919 Posts
Why is death considered a bad thing? It happens to us all and no-one has any idea if the woman who died wanted to go or not. Why not congratulate her for having lived such a long and fruitful life instead of moping about it.

Congratulations Hazel.

· "Ingrato De Chicago"
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why is death considered a bad thing? It happens to us all and no-one has any idea if the woman who died wanted to go or not. Why not congratulate her for having lived such a long and fruitful life instead of moping about it.

Congratulations Hazel.
I get what your trying to say. But, you just worded in a manner where its disrespectful. There are people that as one of their wishes when they pass away is to celebrate that persons life and remember the good times. There is still going to be sadness, but we are humans.

· Registered
6,303 Posts

Congratulations Hazel.
That's your opinion, but many people do not share it. It's more courteous and proper to offer condolences and let the family/friends decide whether the death is a blessing or a curse. That's not the same as "moping about it."

If you had come up to me and proclaimed "congratulations" after my grandparents passed away, I would have hit you in the face with a fucking shovel. Better to bite your tongue and keep your opinion of death to yourself when it's not your loved one that has passed away.

· Banned
919 Posts
That's your opinion, but many people do not share it. It's more courteous and proper to offer condolences and let the family/friends decide whether the death is a blessing or a curse. That's not the same as "moping about it."

If you had come up to me and proclaimed "congratulations" after my grandparents passed away, I would have hit you in the face with a fucking shovel. Better to bite your tongue and keep your opinion of death to yourself when it's not your loved one that has passed away.
Why would I congratulate you if your Grandparents died? Did you even read what I said?

So many people don't share my opinion, that means I have to keep my mouth shut? I don't think so mate. just because the majority have an unnatural view of death, doesn't mean I have to. As for the moping reference, I was talking about the people on here who post things like you did whenever someone dies.

· Banned
919 Posts
Fine, you'd congratulate my grandparents for dying. I still wouldn't appreciate it. I don't know what's so difficult about this concept.
Ok, I understand that but you're looking at it from the opposite side as I intended it. I'm not congratulatiing anyone for dying, I'm congratulating them for living and doing/leaving what they have in the world.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
inb4 a sympathy world title.

RIP anyways
First off, I'm sorry to hear this. It's always sad when a wrestler's family member dies, no matter who it is.

Now I don't know if this inappropriate, but I don't care.

When i heard the news, the first thing I didn't feel was "sorry to hear that" (that was my second response) but it was "Oh shit, don't tell me they are going to play up the death and give Lawler the belt".

It would be stupid. I wouldn't be in favor of a belt being because someone died.

Some may argue, Rey got a belt because Eddie died. Main difference, Rey was an active performer, he reached a new audience, and he was entertaining in the ring. Lawler is none of these, he's an announcer and I don't care if he's never wrestled at Wrestlemania.

There aer wrestlers that have been performing in the ring for YEARS with just the dream of doing a cameo at Wrestlemania. Lawler has been to plenty of Wrestlemanias and been a major part of it (announcing is a major part). I have no sympathy that he didn't get to wrestle at it because he was still a part of it while most wrestlers would just want to be a part of it.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
Ok, I understand that but you're looking at it from the opposite side as I intended it. I'm not congratulatiing anyone for dying, I'm congratulating them for living and doing/leaving what they have in the world.
Fine. Whatever. I refuse to have a semantics argument in a thread about someone dying. Feel however you want.

· Registered
534 Posts
Lawler winning the belt and dropping it on Raw was always part of Creative's plan. You all seriously didnt think Miz would headline Wrestlemania with the way he has been booked did you? Vince would not risk it on his "larger than the Superbowl" spectacle.

There will be a triple threat at wrestlemania for the title; CM Punk, Randy Orton and John Cena; as it will pan out in the forth coming weeks.

· Registered
6,603 Posts
RIP, must be a very difficult time for him.

Just to clear something up - they don't alter RTWM plans and give sympathy title reigns to announcers who have had family members pass away. Anyone who actually thinks that will happen is probably high or not in possession of all their faculties.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lawler misses the show tonight, I know I would.

· A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,975 Posts
Never wanna hear news like this. My condolences go out to Jerry and his family.

Congratulations Hazel.
Dude...shut up.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.