Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He accomplished absolutely nothing with it. No taking back the best in the world gimmick, no WWE title, and no the end of CM Punk. I mean it was a joke. It was the most underwhelming comeback ever. I'm really disappointed because Jericho is my favorite. He was booked weak, it's a shame.

·
Registered
745 Posts
He accomplished absolutely nothing with it. No taking back the best in the world gimmick, no WWE title, and no the end of CM Punk. I mean it was a joke. It was the most underwhelming comeback ever. I'm really disappointed because Jericho is my favorite. He was booked weak, it's a shame.
He got everyone talking with his vignettes, he trolled everyone for weeks and kept the interest going, he put on a great WrestleMania match and another great match last night. He's a veteran, and he wanted to come back to put Punk over. I've enjoyed it.

Reactions: dougfisher_05

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
He has done everything there is to do in wrestling he came back to rightly put over Punk and has had two great matches in the process.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Fickle.

We have seen Scott Hall in 02, Vader in 05 and Grandmaster F'n Sexay a lil while back and that's being compared to Jericho in 2012???

·
Registered
21,660 Posts
You do realise that wrestling isn't real don't you? The fact that you're judging his return based off winning a storyline title is laughable. Jericho has returned, been awesome on the mic, been involved in a brilliant storyline that will be talked about for years and he's featured heavily in big matches on 4 pay per views in a row. How can you call that failed?

It's like saying a character in a tv if they fail once they return to the show because they weren't promoted in their on-screen job. If they put it good performances and are heavily featured then they've done their job.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
It was a complete failure just like lesnar's . After not winning RR Jericho looked so insignificant, it was painfull
And constantly jobbing to cmpunk...yawn . A horrible feud which along with the Sheamus/Bryan feud are the spiritual children of the orton/Christian feud from last summer .

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
They should have give Jericho the rumble win into the Punk fued and segwayed Sheamus and Bryan together another way.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Two great matches says it was worth it.

Why is there this obsession with win loss records.

Its the show before the 123 that matters.

Punks sister slapping the taste out of his mouth was a great spot, best match of the night for me, and I'm not really a fan of Punk at the best of times, but credit where its due , WM and last night were really good.

·
Witty Custom User Title
745 Posts
He came to put Punk over, Jericho has already won everything the feud has been good IMO and I'm really gonna miss Chris when he retires.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Two great matches says it was worth it.

Why is there this obsession with win loss records.

Its the show before the 123 that matters.

Punks sister slapping the taste out of his mouth was a great spot, best match of the night for me, and I'm not really a fan of Punk at the best of times, but credit where its due , WM and last night were really good.
Because the booking does play a huge role in the quality of a feud . I remember last summer when orton was decimating Christian match after match some people saying the same stuff about how great the matches are and that we shouldn't complain about one of the 2 wrestlers looking like a complete fool . This wwe logic about what constitutes a feud is one of the reasons that has made the product irrelevant , outside of wrestlemania .

·
"I wunna eat his children"
432 Posts
I wouldn't call it a failure. Underwhelming? Ehh, maybe that's the word. But he did his job, though. He put Punk over. Isn't that the ultimate goal when you've done every thing there is to in this business? Put over and establish other talents?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Only problem i have is jericho is an essentialy a main event jobber he hardly ever wins a big profile match , it was like this before he left, what does punk gain from beating someone like that? Nothing in my opinion, he'd gain far more from going over taker and hhh. Hell jericho even put evan bourne over not a big deal that punk went over him. If jericho had won the majority matches like hhh and taker, punk beating him would have meant far more.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Only problem i have is jericho is an essentialy a main event jobber he hardly ever wins a big profile match , it was like this before he left, what does punk gain from beating someone like that? Nothing in my opinion, he'd gain far more from going over taker and hhh. Hell jericho even put evan bourne over not a big deal that punk went over him. If jericho had won the majority matches like hhh and taker, punk beating him would have meant far more.
Agreed. I don' t understand how a guy whose biggest accomplishment after his return was beating kofi Kingston, "put over" the current wwe champion . Cmpunk gained nothing from this silly feud . Now beating HHH , THAT would have put CMpunk over, but we can' t have that of course .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Jericho accomplished exactly what he wanted to. Got a few paydays, but most importantly got back on everyones radar just in time to go on tour with Fozzy and maybe book a few extra tour dates. He put on some quality matches and as much as I would have liked for him to stick around and have a run with the gold, I can't say I'm very surprised with the way things worked out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
How can you say he accomplished nothing? He came back for one reason and it was obviously not his ego or he would have won one of his matcges with Punk and prnaced around with the title. Even more now than ever he has my respect of one of those old gyys who is trying to help the younger generation move forward. I think this match up set the stage for something even bigger for Punk.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
How can you say he accomplished nothing? He came back for one reason and it was obviously not his ego or he would have won one of his matcges with Punk and prnaced around with the title. Even more now than ever he has my respect of one of those old gyys who is trying to help the younger generation move forward. I think this match up set the stage for something even bigger for Punk.
Jericho never had any backstage power, he was always a glorified jobber and that had nothing to do with his age or his willingness to put a younger talent over . If he seemed more of a threat than a complete looser maybe cmpunk would have gained something from this feud

1 - 20 of 109 Posts