Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they turning Jericho face because of Punk's heel turn and they needed another top babyface to go with Cena?

Ofcourse this would only be a temporary fix anyways since Jericho is leaving in a month or so.

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing when Jericho switched from Heel to Face. It got to be that reason but then again Jericho in my opinion was stale as hell as a Heel. He has done everything there is to do as a Heel this time around, mostly from his 2008-2010 work. It’s good to see him a Face again to freshen things up. Besides, if they are serious in building up Ziggler then this is a great start.

· Registered
127 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing when Jericho switched from Heel to Face. It got to be that reason but then again Jericho in my opinion was stale as hell as a Heel. He has done everything there is to do as a Heel this time around, mostly from his 2008-2010 work. It’s good to see him a Face again to freshen things up. Besides, if they are serious in building up Ziggler then this is a great start.
If Ziggler as a heel were to beat Jericho as a face clean, no cheating, no screwjob, then it'd be a major win for him. Certainly it could justify him winning the WHC, even if he cashed in his briefcase cowardly.

· Banned
15,198 Posts
Anyone who knows anything knows Jericho came back to put some guys over. The fact they are moving him in for a feud with Ziggler is, in my tiny little opinion, absolutely fucking brilliant.

· KO
6,193 Posts
I always found Jericho to be someone I want to legit cheer. I didn't even like his recent heel run (2008+) that much, despite the forum jizzing at every one of his "vocab promos". He's at his best when he's Y2J imo, so I'm glad.

· Often Imitated, Never Duplicated
7,672 Posts
Anyone who knows anything knows Jericho came back to put some guys over. The fact they are moving him in for a feud with Ziggler is, in my tiny little opinion, absolutely fucking brilliant.
Exactly this.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
I don't think so. His and Randy Orton's suspension ended their feud before it had begun and he's back on tour. This left him with nothing to do but put some young talent over. It so happens the only talent WWE want to push are heels, plus the crowd want to cheer him anyway.

In contrast, Kane was turned face because Big Show turned heel.

· Registered
6,897 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with Punk. Jericho has been leaning toward turning face since he came back from the suspension and he probably decided he wanted to put Ziggler over. So the natural thing to do would be to turn him face if they weren't turning Ziggler.

· Its Yer'sel
6,459 Posts
Doesnt matter at the moment, if they try and make Jericho face or heel, he'll get a reaction and a laugh from the crowd regardless, they should just have hi Tweener and leave it. We know he's there to get guys over and bring the best out the kids, no point in masking it at this point. Just let he be Jericho and run with it.

· Rated R Superstar
16,943 Posts
I doubt it has anything to do with Punk turning. WWE doesn't need a top face that badly, they have Mysterio fresh off a return and Orton coming back in the next few weeks, not to mention Kane seems to be a face now too. They probably just turned Jericho face because it was time to, he had become boring as a heel.

· Registered
468 Posts
even as a heel, the fans cheer Y2J. His "Best in the World at what I do" thing is kinda stale. So was his talking really slow thing. If he stayed a heel, I would have liked a Jericho-Miz teaming to help get some guys over on the Tag Team scene. Jericho is really a team player, and I think there is something good on the horizon when he gets back from his tour.

Coming to St Louis August 21st! Fozzy! Pops! I'll be there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.