Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a lot of us know, Chris Jericho has been on tour with his band Fozzy for a while. The WWE made an excuse for him by having Randy Orton punt his head in on RAW a couple months ago. Since then, many of us have been anticipating his return, but I've noticed one thing...

Jericho's name isn't found on the official WWE roster on WWE.com on either the Smackdown or RAW side. He's actually on the Alumni list!

What possible reason would cause the WWE to leave out Chris Jericho from the roster? Maybe he'll come back under a different ring name? Maybe the WWE wants people to forget about him so that his return is a complete surprise? Hopefully he hasn't left the company...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
127 Posts
He's not active or under contract so technically he is an alumni. Probably trying for a surprise return which in this day and age is difficult to pull off. Until then just go to weekly Jericholic Anonymous meetings...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I noticed he was in Alumni. It's probably so casual fans/visitors of the site forget about him completely and assume he won't be back.

I'm sure they will book a pretty sweet return for him, hopefully sooner rather than later.

He definitely won't be changing his name though, that would be incredibly stupid.

·
Banned
177 Posts
he contract is over with the wwe he dont wanna work for wwe cause wwe if goin down the drain and he rather performs songs for his wrestling fans wich actialy i dont think like his music
obsess fans?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Maybe he'll come back under a different ring name?
CHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRISS

LIONHEAAAAAAAAAARTT

·
What's Causing All This?
48 Posts
I'm glad to hear he's Keeping up his musical career. What a renaissance man. Too bad he cut his hair. I suspect he has one title run left in him.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I noticed he was in Alumni. It's probably so casual fans/visitors of the site forget about him completely and assume he won't be back.

I'm sure they will book a pretty sweet return for him, hopefully sooner rather than later.

He definitely won't be changing his name though, that would be incredibly stupid.
This.

Maybe they could to bring him back for the Rumble. If we won the rumble it could set up a Jericho/Miz feud for the title.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
he needs to grow his hair and beard and return as the Chris Jericho we really want to see...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The Chris Jericho I want to see is him in any form. Who cares how and what he returns as!
er...me?

Jericho will always be a legend, but as a short-haired suit wearing heel I just couldn't enjoy him like I used to, don't get me wrong, he was still brilliant at what he was doing, just would like to see him have another run as the Y2J character, or one which is of the same ilk, if not identical.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Yeah nothing better than seeing a 40 year-old man acting like a teenager.
5 Years ago he got away with the long-haired character, you think he couldn't now?

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
5 Years ago he got away with the long-haired character, you think he couldn't now?
5 years ago was not the high point of his career IMO. Not that he was bad. But when people think of "the old Jericho", they usually are thinking of the 2000-2001 Jericho that ripped on Stephanie McMahon, or the 1998 WCW Jericho. They usually aren't talking about the 2005 Jericho.

I enjoyed his 2008-2010 heel run much more than his 04-05 face years. Jericho's strongest face run was 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
5 years ago was not the high point of his career IMO. Not that he was bad. But when people think of "the old Jericho", they usually are thinking of the 2000-2001 Jericho that ripped on Stephanie McMahon
agree completely, just saying i prefer a wise cracking jericho with an attitude rather than the 'best at what i do' suited version, that's all.

·
Banned
4,682 Posts
agree completely, just saying i prefer a wise cracking jericho with an attitude rather than the 'best at what i do' suited version, that's all.
I personally found his most recent character amusing....not so much early on, with the HBK feud. But more recently, with his "you're a stupid man!" and screaming at Cole to shut up and read the email....and when he did the mocking Hulk Hogan poses....he was good at picking his spots.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Jerichos last tour date is Jan 13, which is a Thursday so he's realistically available to return at any time

1 - 20 of 24 Posts